FB: Massachusetts State College Athletic Conference

Started by joecct, February 09, 2012, 01:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ECoastFootball

Quote from: JS342 on January 08, 2015, 08:52:52 PM
What is the best conference in New England? (NESCAC not eligible because who knows?)
NEFC - MASCAC or ECFC

I would say MASCAC/NEFC is very close with the MASCAC having an edge due to Framingham the last few years (but I'm obviously biased to the MASCAC). I would put the ECFC at a distant 3rd.

MASCACAlum

CONF PLAY STARTS THIS WEEKEND WHO DOES EVERYONE LIKE

d3fan142511

Predictions for Conference Games .

Worcester at Bridgewater - Bridgewater 31-21...Bridgewater will look to rebound after losing to Kean.

Western Conn at Plymouth- West Conn 42-7 ..West Conn Rolls not even close game.

UMASS at Westfield- Both suffered tough losses last week and beat bottom dwellers in Week 1. I like Westfield 24-21

Game of the Week- Fitchburg at Framingham- Time to see if Fitchburg can compete with the big boys. I think they will be in it till the end but Silva and Framingham pull it out at home. Framingham 34-31

Extra Game- Mass Maritime beats Maine- 42-7

d3fan142511

Power Rankings after two weeks

1. Framingham
2. Fitchburg
3. West Conn
4. Bridgewater
5. Westfield
6. Mass Maritime
7. UMASS
8. Worcester
9. Plymouth

d3fan142511

Went 3-2 last week. Off of alot of the Scores.

Power Rankings after three weeks:
1. Framingham
2. West Conn
3. Fitchburg
4. Bridgewater
5. UMASS
6. Westfield
7. Mass
8.Worcester
9. Plymouth

Game Predictions:

Bridgewater at Fitchburg- Fitchburg 24-21
Framingham at West Conn- UPSET SPECIAL- West Conn 45-42
Mass at Worcester- Mass 35-31
Plymouth at UMASS- UMASS 28-6

Boxer7806

Quote from: d3fan142511 on September 25, 2015, 09:52:05 AM
Went 3-2 last week. Off of alot of the Scores.

Power Rankings after three weeks:
1. Framingham
2. West Conn
3. Fitchburg
4. Bridgewater
5. UMASS
6. Westfield
7. Mass
8.Worcester
9. Plymouth

Game Predictions:

Bridgewater at Fitchburg- Fitchburg 24-21
Framingham at West Conn- UPSET SPECIAL- West Conn 45-42
Mass at Worcester- Mass 35-31
Plymouth at UMASS- UMASS 28-6

Bold predictions. I like Worcester over Mass Maritime, until they can prove to stop the pass, I won't pick the Bucs. UMASS D wins by two more TDs and Bridgewater pulls it out by the same score you have for Fitch.

Game of the week for the conference and maybe year. I have Framingham State since West Conn has struggled to stop the pass, which we know Fram. can do. Also West Conn. is a running team with Nicols and the only thing Framingham has proven to stop effectively so far this year is the run. I'm not saying Nicols won't get his yards and TDs, he just won't get enough with that Framingham O clicking like it has been.

D3MAFAN

Good game between West Conn and Framingham State, I think both teams still have some work to do. However, Framingham has to improve on defense if it wants to win against the better east teams. They are reminding me of TCU. Special Teams has to get better. You can't become a good team only operating on 1 of 3 cylinders.

d3fan142511

3-1 last week missed on the West Conn Upset pick.

Power Rankings:
1. Framingham
2. West Conn
3. Fitchburg
4. UMASS
5. Mass Maritime
6. Bridgewater
7. Westfield
8. Worcester
9. Plymouth

Predictions:
Fitchburg vs Mass - Fitchburg 28-21 This will be a big game for ECAC bowl games.
Westfield vs Plymouth- Westfield -35-7
West Conn vs Bridgewater- West Conn 45-28
Framingham vs UMASS- Last chance for a conference loss for Framingham, They will win big 35-14

Boxer7806

Quote from: D3MAFAN-MG on September 27, 2015, 01:13:22 PM
Good game between West Conn and Framingham State, I think both teams still have some work to do. However, Framingham has to improve on defense if it wants to win against the better east teams. They are reminding me of TCU. Special Teams has to get better. You can't become a good team only operating on 1 of 3 cylinders.

Agreed. I think they have an offense that is capable of winning a playoff game, the defense and special teams though are below par. The previous two years Framingham made the playoffs they had the league's top Defense, this year they are trending towards the bottom of the MASCAC. Heck, even the running game isn't close to what it has been in the past offensively. Just really highlights how good Silva has been and in general that whole receiving corps. He really does spread that ball around to what I believe are basically 3 number 1 receivers on other teams and then a guy who would be a solid 2 on most other teams. But they are going no where in the playoffs with the defense and special teams play the way it is. Hopefully they can build some confidence and momentum going forward as I believe the hardest part of their schedule is behind them.

Boxer7806

Quote from: d3fan142511 on September 30, 2015, 10:07:33 AM
3-1 last week missed on the West Conn Upset pick.

Power Rankings:
1. Framingham
2. West Conn
3. Fitchburg
4. UMASS
5. Mass Maritime
6. Bridgewater
7. Westfield
8. Worcester
9. Plymouth

Predictions:
Fitchburg vs Mass - Fitchburg 28-21 This will be a big game for ECAC bowl games.
Westfield vs Plymouth- Westfield -35-7
West Conn vs Bridgewater- West Conn 45-28
Framingham vs UMASS- Last chance for a conference loss for Framingham, They will win big 35-14

How bout the MASCAC with some upsets here. Didn't see Plymouth winning or Bridgewater. The win for the Bears is huge because it gives them the best shot to upend Framingham with a winner take all game in a few weeks. I think the biggest test left for Bridgewater is this week versus Umass D. Even though Westfield State is no gimme, I  think Bridgewater is the better team.

As for Framingham, it doesn't line up much nicer than this. The only team with a winning record left is Bridgewater who is 3-2 and got smashed by a Fitchburg team you already beat. If it is a time for the defense to get back on track, like it looked like this week against UMASS D, they have a nice set of games to do it.

But honestly, here and the NEFC are boring. Unless a huge upset or two happen to WNEC or Framingham, they are the front runners by a pretty comfortable margin.

d3fan142511

2-2 Last week..as you said Boxer did not see either of those teams coming out and winning last week. But that is why we play the game!

Power Rankings:
1. Framingham
2. Fitchburg
3. Bridgewater
4. West Conn
5. UMASS-D
6. Mass Maritime
7. Worcester
8. Plymouth
9. Westfield

Teams- 2-5 are going to be rotating all year. I can see any of these teams finishing number 2

Predictions:
Bridgewater at UMass-D- HUGE game this week for both teams. I think at Home UMASS-D will pull out a close one 24-21
Mass Maritime at West Conn- West Conn Bounces back 35-21
Framingham at Westfield- Framingham 42-7
Worcester at Fitchburg- Fitchburg 28-17

Boxer7806

Quote from: d3fan142511 on October 08, 2015, 09:59:45 AM
2-2 Last week..as you said Boxer did not see either of those teams coming out and winning last week. But that is why we play the game!

Power Rankings:
1. Framingham
2. Fitchburg
3. Bridgewater
4. West Conn
5. UMASS-D
6. Mass Maritime
7. Worcester
8. Plymouth
9. Westfield

Teams- 2-5 are going to be rotating all year. I can see any of these teams finishing number 2

Predictions:
Bridgewater at UMass-D- HUGE game this week for both teams. I think at Home UMASS-D will pull out a close one 24-21

I agree with most, but I'll play contrarian in the Bridgewater vs Umass D game and take BSU. I think Umass D had the winds taken out of their sails with that lost at Framigham last week and it seems Framingham might have given the blue print to stop that offense that was putting up some points.

I think Fitchburg is clearly the 2nd best team in this league and is going to finish up the year with their only blemish to Framingham. I went back and looked at that box score vs Framingham, and they had over 400 yards of total offense and held Framingham to about 260. Their defense is the best in the league, and they have a good offense with Dellachie at QB, a pretty good Wideout, and a tight end Summiel that teams can't seem to match up with. Outside of Framingham, they are the most balanced group, and heck even outplayed them from the box score.

NED3Guy

Quote from: Boxer7806 on October 08, 2015, 01:10:14 PM

Power Rankings:
1. Framingham
2. Fitchburg
3. Bridgewater
4. West Conn
5. UMASS-D
6. Mass Maritime
7. Worcester
8. Plymouth
9. Westfield

Predictions:

I agree with most, but I'll play contrarian in the Bridgewater vs Umass D game and take BSU. I think Umass D had the winds taken out of their sails with that lost at Framigham last week and it seems Framingham might have given the blue print to stop that offense that was putting up some points.

Having the blueprint is one thing. Having the guys to execute the blueprint is another....UMD gets back on track this weekend.

Boxer7806

Quote from: NED3Guy on October 08, 2015, 02:05:11 PM
Quote from: Boxer7806 on October 08, 2015, 01:10:14 PM

Power Rankings:
1. Framingham
2. Fitchburg
3. Bridgewater
4. West Conn
5. UMASS-D
6. Mass Maritime
7. Worcester
8. Plymouth
9. Westfield

Predictions:

Having the blueprint is one thing. Having the guys to execute the blueprint is another....UMD gets back on track this weekend.

Well it looks not only did Bridgewater have the blueprint, they also had the guy to do it. Bridgewater is the only team left that will give Framingham a game. It should be a good one when they meet up.

d3fan142511

3-1 last week. Missed on the UMASS- Bridgewater game.

Power Rankings:
1. Framingham
2. Fitchburg
3. Bridgewater
4. West Conn
5. UMASS D
6. Mass
7. Worcester
8. Plymouth
9. Westfield

Game Predictions:
Worcester at UMASS- UMASS bounces back 24-14