East Decade Team (03-13)

Started by D3MAFAN, August 29, 2013, 01:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which program has had the most success over the last decade.

Hobart
3 (15%)
St. John Fisher
10 (50%)
Alfred
0 (0%)
Rowan
0 (0%)
RPI
1 (5%)
Ithaca
1 (5%)
Delaware Valley
2 (10%)
Cortland State
1 (5%)
Salisbury
1 (5%)
Curry
1 (5%)
Montclair State
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: September 05, 2013, 01:10:53 AM

D3MAFAN

Due to some discussion on some of the boards, I just wanted to get a consensus on whom everyone felt would be the team of the decade?

pumkinattack

Based on the representation on these boards, Im going to guess Hobart is going toget very few votes, but I have that team in the top three - yet voted for 2006 Fisher.

I don't think it's reasonable to compare the all east region brackets from pre 2007, or around there,  with post when you got more mixed brackets in general. If you buy what mgt here is selling (and with more evidence, I'm skeptical outside of about 3-4 conferences), then the 7 sees in most other regions would take a 1-2 seed in a pure east bracket.  I junk there's always excuses and hypocrisy in these comments as people get anchored on their worldviews and are incapable of flexibility (citing John Carroll in the East at this point is just plain stupid - for example).

By the way, what I said on the E8 board was in reference programs not individual seasons.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: pumkinattack on August 29, 2013, 07:06:52 AM
Based on the representation on these boards, Im going to guess Hobart is going toget very few votes, but I have that team in the top three - yet voted for 2006 Fisher.

I don't think it's reasonable to compare the all east region brackets from pre 2007, or around there,  with post when you got more mixed brackets in general. If you buy what mgt here is selling (and with more evidence, I'm skeptical outside of about 3-4 conferences), then the 7 sees in most other regions would take a 1-2 seed in a pure east bracket.  I junk there's always excuses and hypocrisy in these comments as people get anchored on their worldviews and are incapable of flexibility (citing John Carroll in the East at this point is just plain stupid - for example).

By the way, what I said on the E8 board was in reference programs not individual seasons.

Well, lets just do that.

Pat Coleman

Well, if you change the question, I'd change my vote. Kind of voids the voting that's taken place already.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

lumbercat

Don't see how you  leave Trinity off this list

Jonny Utah

Quote from: lumbercat on August 29, 2013, 10:49:45 AM

They haven't beaten one of the teams listed in the poll.  I'd say that's a good reason to leave them off the list.

fisheralum91

lumbercat---please tell us you were kidding.....

dlippiel

Definitely off the list

D3MAFAN

You tell me why they should be on the list?

Yanks 99

How many NCAA tournament games have they won?

I don't think I can vote for them simply because they have beaten Hamilton 10 years in a row...
Hartwick College 2007 Empire 8 Champions

jknezek

Quote from: D3MAFAN on August 29, 2013, 11:48:47 AM

You tell me why they should be on the list?

Because they are an East Region team that has gone something like 73-7 in the last 10 years?
Why wouldn't you? Because we have no idea if that makes them any good or not. But certainly a team that legitimately could be part of the discussion, even if there is no way to actually include them in an answer

lumbercat

Fisher alum- dead serious 74-6 in last 10 years

Johnny u- no one on the list has beaten Trinity

Jonny Utah

Quote from: lumbercat on August 29, 2013, 12:11:36 PM
Fisher alum- dead serious 74-6 in last 10 years

Johnny u- no one on the list has beaten Trinity

No one on the list has beaten South Boston High School either, but everyone on the list has made the playoffs.

bman

I was just wondering what Rowan is doing in that list.. They haven't been relevant since Keeler left..
I vote to replace Rowan with Middlebury!

Jonny Utah

Quote from: pumkinattack on August 29, 2013, 07:06:52 AM

Yea if you compared Hobarts and SJF seasons, I would rate them like this:

2003- SJF
2004- Even
2005- Hobart
2006- SJF
2007- SJF
2008- Hobart
2009- Even
2010- SJF
2011- Hobart
2012- Hobart

I think you might be able to give SJF a slight nod in 2009, since they played MUC and could have gone 8-2 if they had played a regular team instead?  But basically that's 4 for Hobart and 4 for SJF.  Hobart probably had a few more dud seasons in there, and the 9 game thing sticks in my mind as well.  I think SJF did better on the national scene overall, but Hobart always seems to beat the teams they need to beat, while SJF seems to shock the world with one loss to a very crappy team every year or so.