Cortaca 2013

Started by Jonny Utah, November 15, 2013, 08:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Utah

Bombers going to punt with 2:36 left in the game.

Jonny Utah

Autera not back there.  Cortland lets it bounce, 1st and 10 at their own 25.

Jonny Utah

Cortland TD.

Deep pass to Babbin down the sideline. 

That kid is a beast and there simply is no one on Ithaca that can out jump that kid for a pass like that.

28-24 Cortland.

1:07 left in the game.  Kickoff to come.  3 timeouts for the bombers.

Jonny Utah

Bombers 2 quick first downs and now have the ball at midfield.  2 timeouts left.  40 seconds left in the game.

Jonny Utah

Ithaca fumbles.

Game over. 

Jonny Utah

It is official.

Final

Cortland 28
Ithaca 24

Ah well.  On to the playoffs I guess.....oh god and as I type this, I am listening to these 3 baffoons on the ICTV talk about the dam game.  Is this D-bag really questioning the bombers heart!  Did I actually hear this C@#%$@# say that?

(Nice F-bomb by Babin in the interview though!)

Jonny Utah

Oh great, I guess they are telling Cortland now that it is "simple" football to catch punts.  I'm embarrassed by ICTV right now.  Students or not, this is horrible. 

Arrghh.  I'm out.

BomberJeff

Overall, that seemed to be the way it should go- the Bombers were only in the game largely on the back of two special teams miscues.  Ithaca had 38 minutes of possession and yet got fewer offensive yards while Cortland averaged 6.77 yards a play.  The Red Dragons earned that one, so congrats to them.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: BomberJeff on November 16, 2013, 02:40:09 PM
Overall, that seemed to be the way it should go- the Bombers were only in the game largely on the back of two special teams miscues.  Ithaca had 38 minutes of possession and yet got fewer offensive yards while Cortland averaged 6.77 yards a play.  The Red Dragons earned that one, so congrats to them.

Agreed.  Cortland looked better, and had the best player on the field with Babbin. but the bombers could have won this game. 

tecmobowler

Those folks on the halftime/ post game show were pretty brutal.
Thousands of fans join in the revelry, showing their Bomber pride and support for the football team. Some fans take the rowdiness a little too far, however, by starting fights, damaging property and tipping Port-a-Potties. -Ithacan, November 10th

Jonny Utah

Quote from: tecmobowler on November 16, 2013, 02:57:28 PM
Those folks on the halftime/ post game show were pretty brutal.

It was worse after the game.  The d-bag on the right actually questioned the bombers heart.  I had to turn it off.

BomberJeff

Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on November 16, 2013, 02:42:53 PM

Agreed.  Cortland looked better, and had the best player on the field with Babbin. but the bombers could have won this game.

I will agree Ithaca could have won this game, but here's the problem: the offense has not been a strong suit for IC at any point this year, and while having special teams domination is nice (this might go down as the first team I have seen dragged by its punters and kickers into a playoff), it can't be enough on its own.  That leaves the defense, and as you said, they just could not stop Babbin, and honestly, the defense has been slowing the last few weeks.  We'll see if they can organize it back together for the playoffs.

cstate19

Another great game from two very good teams.

Babin!! Section IX! 4 in a row!!! Can one of you alumni tell this year's seniors what touching the Jug feels like since they sure as heck don't know? 

Ooga Booga Bombers!

Jonny Utah

Quote from: cstate19 on November 16, 2013, 03:49:04 PM
Another great game from two very good teams.

Babin!! Section IX! 4 in a row!!! Can one of you alumni tell this year's seniors what touching the Jug feels like since they sure as heck don't know? 

Ooga Booga Bombers!

I touched your moms jugs.

AUKaz00

Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on November 16, 2013, 07:39:27 PM
I touched your moms jugs.

The first time in years that I've literally laughed out loud on a Cortaca board.  +k
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!