Cortaca 2013

Started by Jonny Utah, November 15, 2013, 08:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cstate19

That's the comment that finally made you "lol". Sounds like you belong in my third period sophmore class (not gym).

sjfcards

Riots in the streets here in Cortland. This was a bit win, but a riot?

Honestly, I have to be the only townie is Cortland that likes Cortaca. Big win for Cortland, but IC has bigger fish to fry. Fun stuff today.
GO FISHER!!!

XREDDRAGON77

Got back from church and my father in law showed me the clips of the riots and celebration going on at Clayton avenue.  Good Morning America covered the story.  Game was legit and I guess the post game parties even more so!
Taste It!

sjfcards

Quote from: XREDDRAGON77 on November 17, 2013, 10:19:45 AM
Got back from church and my father in law showed me the clips of the riots and celebration going on at Clayton avenue.  Good Morning America covered the story.  Game was legit and I guess the post game parties even more so!

Driving around town today it looks awful. Kids must have had a lot of fun. I have lived in Cortland most of my life, and I don't ever remember it getting out of control like yesterday. The townies are much more upset than usual.
GO FISHER!!!

XREDDRAGON77

I was a part of the '97 and '99 wins and never did anything like that happen.  I was at my local Liqour store getting some spirits Saturday night and the shop owner commented on my Cortland T.  He knew of the Jug game and told me that his son went up with some friends to experience the event. I could be wrong, but there seems to be a lot of friends, and friends of friends that show up on Cortaca weeeknd and care even less about the town than the most disrespectful of students!

Good Morning America claimed that there were over 6,000 people on the streets.  That;s an interesting number as the total student body  is around 6,500. I was also told that the lunacy began as the game ended.  The number of knuckleheads may not have even initially included the several thousand that were at the game!

My heart goes out to the citizens of Cortland who suffered property losses and any other setbacks that were related to the mob mentality.
Taste It!

sjfcards

Quote from: XREDDRAGON77 on November 17, 2013, 07:58:56 PM
I was a part of the '97 and '99 wins and never did anything like that happen.  I was at my local Liqour store getting some spirits Saturday night and the shop owner commented on my Cortland T.  He knew of the Jug game and told me that his son went up with some friends to experience the event. I could be wrong, but there seems to be a lot of friends, and friends of friends that show up on Cortaca weeeknd and care even less about the town than the most disrespectful of students!

Good Morning America claimed that there were over 6,000 people on the streets.  That;s an interesting number as the total student body  is around 6,500. I was also told that the lunacy began as the game ended.  The number of knuckleheads may not have even initially included the several thousand that were at the game!

My heart goes out to the citizens of Cortland who suffered property losses and any other setbacks that were related to the mob mentality.

Oh, there is no doubt. One of the more amusing things to see on Cortaca weekend is the following morning when hundreds of kids are walking around town with sleeping bags and pillows trying to find where there car or friends house is. I see it every year.

That is the biggest part of the problem. How can you hold the school 100% responsible when a lot of the problems come from off campus housing, visitors from other schools, and yes, even from townies themselves?
GO FISHER!!!

Bombers798891

Thanks for ruining everything, Cortland

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/11/this_years_cortaca_game_might_have_been_the_last.html

Bitterbaum said he had talked to the president of Ithaca College and both are considering the idea of cancelling the game.

mattvsmith

Quote from: Bombers798891 on November 18, 2013, 05:12:58 PM
Thanks for ruining everything, Cortland

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/11/this_years_cortaca_game_might_have_been_the_last.html

Bitterbaum said he had talked to the president of Ithaca College and both are considering the idea of cancelling the game.

10 bucks says that if they cancel the Cortaca game, Cortland will still have a party weekend every year and no one will know exactly why. They'll just keep coming year after year to riot in the streets.