Started by Jonny Utah, June 26, 2014, 09:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Utah

XREDDRAGON77

Taste It!

AUPepBand

Quote from: XREDDRAGON77 on November 10, 2014, 12:35:18 PM
Almost here!

With the game being played in Cortland, where the "riots" took place last year (despite the game actually being played in Ithaca), should Governor Cuomo be on the alert to call out the National Guard?

But seriously, Pep is wondering just what Cortland State officials and the City of Cortland are doing to thwart the drunken, riotous, rowdy behavior that has come to pervert an otherwise awesome rivalry football game?

Risky behavior is a major concern in Alfred these days given the rise in the debauchery and two near deaths last year associated with Hot Dog Day unsanctioned activities. While no final decision has been made here, a moratorium on Hot Dog Day is certainly under consideration.

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

bman

Quote from: AUPepBand on November 10, 2014, 01:04:14 PM
Quote from: XREDDRAGON77 on November 10, 2014, 12:35:18 PM
Almost here!

Risky behavior is a major concern in Alfred these days given the rise in the debauchery and two near deaths last year associated with Hot Dog Day unsanctioned activities. While no final decision has been made here, a moratorium on Hot Dog Day is certainly under consideration.

Oh, please elaborate...I have to hear this!

Bombers798891

.I'm very interested in this game, because an Ithaca loss means an unheard of (for us) five straight Jugs, but more importantly, the difference between 7-3 and 8-2 could very well mean the difference between a winnable first-round NCAA game and a trip to Alliance.

It appears the Red Dragons have righted the ship after the inexplicable 0-2 start. But it also seems like they've followed a pretty simple "beat the lesser teams, lose to the better teams" formula in the NJAC. So I'm not real sure what to think of them.

John Babin, who killed Ithaca last season, has played in just two games. Dylan Peebles looks unstoppable on kick returns, but Cortland's per game rushing average is pretty mediocre, with no runs longer than 30 yards all season. On the other hand, they've lost just two fumbles the entire season, which sort of blows my mind.

Seems like Cortland's been exceptionally healthy on defense all season, with 11 players starting either 8 or 9 games, and it seems like the defense has improved as the year has gone on.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Bombers798891 on November 10, 2014, 01:36:39 PM
.I'm very interested in this game, because an Ithaca loss means an unheard of (for us) five straight Jugs, but more importantly, the difference between 7-3 and 8-2 could very well mean the difference between a winnable first-round NCAA game and a trip to Alliance.

It appears the Red Dragons have righted the ship after the inexplicable 0-2 start. But it also seems like they've followed a pretty simple "beat the lesser teams, lose to the better teams" formula in the NJAC. So I'm not real sure what to think of them.

John Babin, who killed Ithaca last season, has played in just two games. Dylan Peebles looks unstoppable on kick returns, but Cortland's per game rushing average is pretty mediocre, with no runs longer than 30 yards all season. On the other hand, they've lost just two fumbles the entire season, which sort of blows my mind.

Seems like Cortland's been exceptionally healthy on defense all season, with 11 players starting either 8 or 9 games, and it seems like the defense has improved as the year has gone on.

What is the deal with Babin?

Bombers798891

Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on November 10, 2014, 04:35:35 PM
Quote from: Bombers798891 on November 10, 2014, 01:36:39 PM

What is the deal with Babin?

Best guess is that he re-aggrivated an injury. He played against Buff State, DNP the next four, played against So. Virginia, and has missed the last three

Bombers798891

Here's what the Cortland State has planned for Cortaca to curb the lousy behavior

http://www2.cortland.edu/news/detail.dot?id=8fd4fedb-9cec-42d0-a2f3-c2763c64b737

None of this will have much of an effect, IMO. At the end of the day, the problem students/townies aren't drawn to stuff like that. The people that are tend to be the people who don't drink in the first place, and even then, there's an insane amount of peer pressure. I'm a non-drinker, and Cortaca weekend was always one where I felt the most left out and uncomfortable

ITH radio

Tweeted out a bunch of pix from today's Cortaca press conf.

Sounds like the teams and coaches acknowledged last year and that was about it.

Also, for some reason I never realized that there were in fact two jugs. Seem kind of more appropriate (or not)  ::)
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Bombers798891

Quote from: ITH radio on November 12, 2014, 01:39:05 PM
Tweeted out a bunch of pix from today's Cortaca press conf.

Sounds like the teams and coaches acknowledged last year and that was about it.

Meh. There's nothing for them to say. They weren't there, and they certainly didn't encourage it. If the residents of Cortland and the students of Cortland State want to start going crazy because there's nothing else to do all year in that god-forsaken town but wait for Cortaca, who's going to stop them?

Bombers798891

Great board this year, fellas. Really got me pumped for the game

bomber23

Haha not much talk on the board... Looking forward to the Bombers taking back the Jugs... Headed to IC shortly and then the game tomorrow... Prediction 27-13 IC. Go Bombers!

Bombers798891

As Pat C. pointed out in the TT, this game is essentially a playoff game for Ithaca.

Lose, and you're 7-4.

Win, and you might have a shot at a winnable game.

maxpower

Knock knock? Hello?

I check out of IC football for three years (had a bit of bitterness over the Dept's dismissal of a friend), come back, and we've clinched the auto bid and look ready to put a hurt on Cortland?

Sounds like a good day to return to me.

Looks like the boards' technology is the same.... honestly I find it comforting :).

I won't find it comforting if the live stream technology is the same...

Go Bombers.

Booga Booga.

maxpower

ARE WE SEEING THE "THE MEDIA UNFAIRLY PROTRAYED CORTLAND" PSA RIGHT NOW?? lol.