FB: New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, April 08, 2015, 12:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

The conference is joining the football ranks, starting in 2017, with four of their own core members and three borrowed from elsewhere. Should be interesting.

http://www.d3football.com/notables/2015/04/newmac-adds-football
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

lewdogg11

Just what we need, another 'power' conference in the East. Good grief. I think it's safe to say that the AQ system is being taken advantage of and may need to be re-evaluated. Just think, we could see Framingham, Husson, and Endicott in the real playoffs while Hobart and Fisher battle it out in an ECAC game. Can't wait.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: LewDogg11 on April 08, 2015, 01:09:17 PM
Just what we need, another 'power' conference in the East. Good grief. I think it's safe to say that the AQ system is being taken advantage of and may need to be re-evaluated. Just think, we could see Framingham, Husson, and Endicott in the real playoffs while Hobart and Fisher battle it out in an ECAC game. Can't wait.

Yea but a current NE league also loses a pool a with this move

lewdogg11

Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on April 08, 2015, 01:19:15 PM

I forgot to add MMA, DOH!

Jonny Utah

Well I'll tell you one thing, the conference needs to find a new name.  The newmac has to be the most uncool name for a conference in the country.

lewdogg11

Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on April 08, 2015, 01:51:37 PM
Well I'll tell you one thing, the conference needs to find a new name.  The newmac has to be the most uncool name for a conference in the country.

Sounds like a killer burger from Mickey D's. or maybe:

rlk

Or more likely, there's some consolidation in the other conferences (NEFC, ECFC, Liberty League) and one of them gets dropped.  I could see, for example, Western New England, SUNY Maritime, and Gallaudet joining the Liberty League, while the 9 others consolidate into NEFC or ECFC.  Maybe one of those teams then joins NEWMAC, but it's not apparent to me which would be a good fit.  The NEWMAC football conference is already going to be quite different from NEWMAC in other sports.  That would keep the same number of pool A bids (losing one temporarily in 2017 and 2018 while NEWMAC waits out the 2 year period).
MIT Course VI-3 1987 -- #RollTech

Frank Rossi

Quote from: rlk on April 09, 2015, 12:49:04 PM

Or more likely, there's some consolidation in the other conferences (NEFC, ECFC, Liberty League) and one of them gets dropped.  I could see, for example, Western New England, SUNY Maritime, and Gallaudet joining the Liberty League, while the 9 others consolidate into NEFC or ECFC.  Maybe one of those teams then joins NEWMAC, but it's not apparent to me which would be a good fit.  The NEWMAC football conference is already going to be quite different from NEWMAC in other sports.  That would keep the same number of pool A bids (losing one temporarily in 2017 and 2018 while NEWMAC waits out the 2 year period).

LL school presidents would never accept some of those permutations.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Frank Rossi on April 09, 2015, 02:20:36 PM
Quote from: rlk on April 09, 2015, 12:49:04 PM

LL school presidents would never accept some of those permutations.

Or combinations... ;D

fulbakdad

Looks like Saint Anselms is looking to drop from D2 to D3 and this is their target landing spot.....

Jonny Utah

Quote from: fulbakdad on August 26, 2015, 12:16:08 PM
Looks like Saint Anselms is looking to drop from D2 to D3 and this is their target landing spot.....

That is news to me.  I had heard many of those NE-10 schools look to go d1 because of hockey, but this is the first I've heard of St. Anselm's moving to d3. 

Pat Coleman

Yeah -- they issued a news release and listed NEWMAC schools as the ones they identify themselves as belonging with.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

D3MAFAN

Hobart and Union to the E 8 to make it a 10 team league and the rest of the LL to the NEFC?

Jonny Utah

Quote from: D3MAFAN-MG on August 26, 2015, 03:58:54 PM
Hobart and Union to the E 8 to make it a 10 team league and the rest of the LL to the NEFC?

No, never going to happen.