FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ereraider

I attended the scrimmage Saturday for the first three hours. When both teams came out for 7 on 7, Peyakov was the starter for the raiders. Not sure if he was hurt or something happened but he was not on the field the rest of the time I was there. The starter when they came out for full scrimmage was #10 which we believe was Poorman. He looked really comfortable running the team and made some really nice throws with no int's. He played the first two sets of plays with the first group. The second QB in for the next two sets was #19 who we guessed was freshman D'Angelo Fulford. Played really well with a couple long touchdowns. He has a lot stronger arm than Poorman and seemed to be much faster. For freshman, both played really well. I can imagine playing both early in the year till someone wins the job.

hsbsballcoach7

Quote from: Ereraider on August 27, 2016, 09:59:07 PM
I attended the scrimmage Saturday for the first three hours. When both teams came out for 7 on 7, Peyakov was the starter for the raiders. Not sure if he was hurt or something happened but he was not on the field the rest of the time I was there. The starter when they came out for full scrimmage was #10 which we believe was Poorman. He looked really comfortable running the team and made some really nice throws with no int's. He played the first two sets of plays with the first group. The second QB in for the next two sets was #19 who we guessed was freshman D'Angelo Fulford. Played really well with a couple long touchdowns. He has a lot stronger arm than Poorman and seemed to be much faster. For freshman, both played really well. I can imagine playing both early in the year till someone wins the job.

Thanks for posting! I thought that one of the freshman (Poorman or Fulford) would take over eventually, but not this quick. I figured the staff would want someone who can run effectively and throw. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that is Peyakov, Lowry or Klaver. The little experience worries me a little, but that's what the first couple of games will be for. I have a feeling the coaches will wait to name a full time starter for the first couple of weeks and let them split time in the games.  They must have really shown the staff that they are a step above the others. I briefly looks up Fulford and Poormans HS schedules. They played some good competition in Florida. Fulford was playing the likes of ST Thomas (Nick Bosa and others). I've got family that moved down there and they say the HS football has tons of talent....coaching isn't always there, but lots of talent.

How did the defense do? Any new guys stepping up?

Dr. Acula

A couple freshmen in the mix to start at QB.  This could be an interesting season!  Aside from Piloto being a part-time starter this would be the first time I can ever recall a non-Ohio QB if one of them starts.

Also, FWIW Fulford posted a pic before practice the other day and he was wearing #3.  I'm not sure practice and scrimmage numbers necessarily line up though so that may mean nothing.

Sherburne

Quote from: Pat Coleman on August 27, 2016, 09:23:00 PM
Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on August 27, 2016, 08:18:52 PM
Quote from: Sherburne on August 27, 2016, 07:42:24 PM
Quote from: Sherburne on August 27, 2016, 07:21:53 PM
Quote from: section13raiderfan on August 27, 2016, 06:08:07 PM
I just watched a highschool game on tv and Solon had a QB named Joe Bubonics who looked pretty good. I understand Mount Union alum Ed Bubonics teaches in the Solon system. If thats his son then Joe inherited Eds speed. Assuming Joes actually is his kid. Dont know for sure. Maybe we will see the kid in Mounts stadium some day.

Raiderfan,

Thanks. Joe Bubonics is Senior QB/DB, 5-9 170#; as you suspected, Joe is son of Ed Bubonics, Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers, Solon High School.
I hope he does bring dad's speed to MUC.

Sherburne
With apology, I should have said, "Joe seems to be son of Ed Bubonics...". But, I'll bet on that.

Sherburne, unaware of proper procedure to edit a post.

In the upper right hand corner of your posts there should be buttons for "Quote" "Modify" "Remove"

Click the Modify button to edit your posts.

Sherburne doesn't have enough posts yet to earn those buttons. :)
My previous incarnation should be worth the x posts I'm lacking. :)

Sherburne

Pat Coleman

Agreed. But you wanted to leave that persona behind, so ... ;)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Sherburne

Quote from: Pat Coleman on August 28, 2016, 05:10:18 PM
Agreed. But you wanted to leave that persona behind, so ... ;)
touché  ;)
Sherburne

Desertraider

Quote from: HScoach on August 26, 2016, 10:29:47 PM
Larry Kinnard doesn't belong in a list of greatest ever.

I agree. In addition - can't leave off Burke (since we are not limited to 4) due in large part to 2 Gagliardi Trophies. For the record my unlimited list would also include Gary Smeck. I can't see leaving Pierre Garcon off the WR list. No one could make an argument that would get me to remove PG from the All-time greats list.
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

badgerwarhawk

Lally was released by the Panthers today. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

wally_wabash

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on August 29, 2016, 02:44:58 PM

Lally is definitely on the list of top 7,000 players at Mount Union of all time.  Can't leave him off. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Desertraider

Quote from: wally_wabash on August 29, 2016, 02:55:18 PM
Quote from: badgerwarhawk on August 29, 2016, 02:44:58 PM

Lally is definitely on the list of top 7,000 players at Mount Union of all time.  Can't leave him off.

Ya know Wally.....that was pretty good. +K
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

mr_mom

It's once again time for the OAC Pick-Em, 2016 Edition. The contest is open to anyone, whether a regular on the OAC page or not.

We pick all the OAC games, plus a few national games of interest.  OAC league games are worth 2 points; national and non-conference games are worth 1 point.

All games are picked with spreads.  I'll be posting the spreads on Monday nights for that week's games. Obviously a pick must be in before the game kicks off.  Usually this means Saturday noon EST, but occasionally I will include a compelling Friday night game or two.  Or even a rare Thursday game LIKE THIS WEEK!.  The week's results will be posted on Sunday morning.

When posting the picks, please be clear who you're picking.  "Bolding" is fine, but more elaborate methods don't print well enough to distinguish.

Let's get this show on the road!
Mom
Never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity.

mr_mom

AND ... Spreads are posted!

I will try to avoid early games for the most part, but since the BW game is THURSDAY NIGHT this week, I took the opportunity to add a couple more Thursday and Friday games.  Feel free to submit for the early games and finish up the rest on Saturday Morning (like I do).

Let's pick carefully out there!
Mom
Never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity.

hsbsballcoach7

I'm very excited for the talent in this years freshman class and WR overall.  I'm telling you, these WRs are good. They need to keep working, but could be a handful. Check out this highlight catch from the WJ scrimmage from freshman Justin Hill.
https://mobile.twitter.com/footballscoop/status/770301377331367936

bluestreak66

A.M.D.G.
Whose House? STREAKS' HOUSE!

RIP MUC57- "Go everybody!"

2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2018 & 2019 ODAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2019 OAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION

Desertraider

Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on August 30, 2016, 10:04:20 AM
I'm very excited for the talent in this years freshman class and WR overall.  I'm telling you, these WRs are good. They need to keep working, but could be a handful. Check out this highlight catch from the WJ scrimmage from freshman Justin Hill.
https://mobile.twitter.com/footballscoop/status/770301377331367936

Wow! That was nice. Channeled his inner Tim Kennedy on that one.