MBB: Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by diehardfan, March 05, 2005, 10:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Basketball Fan

diehard,

I can't help my sarcasm, it's a disease that there is no cure for.

I've learned that a high level of sarcasm is directly proportional to how low one's karma falls.  Titan2000 is the only other poster I see with a lower one than me, not coincidental that we share the same opinions often.

ravensider

Truth Mill:   Nick Rogers, 6'8" 280# Indiana All-Star from Pendleton Heights High School has left Southern Illinois and is now enrolled at Anderson University.

True Basketball Fan

With that transfer, the argument for Anderson NOT being in the cellar is much more believable.

nukid

ok new order

Transylvania
Hanover
Bluffton
Manchester
Franklin
Mt. St. Joseph
Anderson ;)
Defiance

give it and get it back

nukid

Practice starts Monday any predictions

;D
give it and get it back

AUStudent

Quote from: nukid on October 14, 2005, 02:52:33 PM
Practice starts Monday any predictions

??? ???

1st day of practice was today, Saturday.

David Collinge

Hanover starts the season at #9 with a somewhat surprising (to me, at least) first-place vote.  Transylvania gets 68 votes to fall into the "others receiving votes" category (equivalent #31).  No votes for Anderson.  :D

nukid

When does the HCAC web site put ou the preseason polls ??? ???
give it and get it back

nukid

;)2005-06 Men's Basketball Preseason Coaches Poll
Team         Points (first place votes)
1. Transylvania      62 (6)
2. Hanover      52 (2)
3. Franklin      43
4. Bluffton      41
5. Mt. St. Joseph   29
6. Manchester      26
7. Anderson      21
8. Defiance      14
;)
give it and get it back

augie_superfan

Hey everyone...I'm from the land of the CCIW and recently moved to Lexington.  I was curious about Transy.  I see they are playing Wittenberg the weekend after Thanksgiving.  I was just curious what the Transy arena is like and how well they draw.  Also, since Witt isn't more than 3 hours away, does Witt travel well or doesn't anyone know.  I'm just curious if this game would be a situation where getting in to the game could be difficult.  I know back in the CCIW, at team like IWU can fill a place with fans at the opposing arena...just curious how things are down here.  Thanks

Jim

David Collinge

The Witt game is scheduled for Nov. 27, which is the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend.  Witt is on break then; Transy probably is too, like most schools.  I don't know about Transy's typical attendance, but I'd expect something short of a sellout for that game.  It should be a great game, too.

In perusing the Transy media guide, I see that Thad McCracken is not listed as an assistant this season.  The Hanover media guide tells me that he's gone to Hendrix College as an assistant this season.  Best wishes to Thad; I'm sure the HCAC will miss him.

AUStudent

Transy has a pretty nice set up, there gym is a few years old, they fill it up pretty well to, get there early though and it shouldn't be a problem.

Titan Q

Regarding the Hanover John R. Collier tournament on 11/26 and 11/27, anyone know if that is Robert Morris of Chicago in the field?  It says "Robert Morris (Illinois)" on the schedule...RM-C's schedule link is down, but I do see it is not RM-Springfield.

http://www.robertmorris.edu/athletics/mensbasketball/chicago/

http://www.robertmorris.edu/athletics/mensbasketball/springfield/

Robert Morris College of Chicago is a small college powerhouse.  They're rated #4 in NAIA I after getting to the semifinal round of the tournament last year (falling to Azusa Pacific).  They just played an exhibition vs NCAA D1 Illinois-Chicago and lost by just 3 points, and tonight face D1 Loyola in an exhibition.

If it is indeed Robert Morris-Chicago, I wonder why the heck Hanover is playing them in Round 1 of the tournament instead of Mount Union or Ohio Wesleyan.  I don't have any doubt that Hanover will be an underdog in their own gym in that game...seems standard practice that the host school in a tournament stays away from the best opponent in the first round.

Pat Coleman

Any chance it's possible they got confused as to which one they scheduled?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Gregory Sager

The Robert Morris in Hanover's tourney is definitely the Chicago version.

RMC-Chicago has not played D3 teams in the past, but this year the Eagles seem to be including some upper-echelon D3 programs on their schedule. This coming weekend they'll be in the Wisconsin-Platteville tourney; they'll play Wash U on Friday night, and then the winner of the Simpson/UW-Platteville game (gee, I wonder who's going to win that one?) on Saturday. Then the next weekend they're in Indiana for Hanover's tournament.

Since it's essentially a meaningless game for Hanover in terms of D3 tournament purposes, I can understand why Mike Beitzel has scheduled RMC-Chicago for the opening round on Saturday night. He probably wants his team fresh for such an extremely difficult opponent, especially since the Sunday games will be played in the afternoon. The John R. Collier Tournament will have no bearing on Hanover's regional record, as both Ohio Wesleyan and Mount Union are Great Lakes Region schools that are outside of Hanover's 200-mile radius.

If I were him, I think I'd do the same thing.

RMC-Chicago lost that exhibition game to Loyola (IL) by six, by the way.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell