BB: Regionals (South) Danville '08, Salisbury '09, Methodist '10, Rhodes '11

Started by A.G., May 10, 2008, 07:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTBB1971

Obviously,
as I can see you are counting NC Wesleyan out of this tournament before it starts.  You have Fioretti going against York, which leads me to believe you think York can get by NCWC.  For the record, the Bishops pour it 7-1 at Rocky Mount during their lone meeting this season, beating their number 2 and once they brought their number 3 guy, we hit him as well...this was while we threw our number 2 guy.  Most likely, York will face a very hot Ben Moore who is 8-1. :P

d3baseballnut

Quote from: LTHSdad on May 12, 2009, 10:17:35 PM
Obviously,
as I can see you are counting NC Wesleyan out of this tournament before it starts.  You have Fioretti going against York, which leads me to believe you think York can get by NCWC.  For the record, the Bishops pour it 7-1 at Rocky Mount during their lone meeting this season, beating their number 2 and once they brought their number 3 guy, we hit him as well...this was while we threw our number 2 guy.  Most likely, York will face a very hot Ben Moore who is 8-1. :P

True. You got me. Maybe I spoke to fast. I would not be surprised at all if NC wesleyan beats york, now that you mention it. And winning two straight wouldnt shock me either. Winning the USAS is impressive. I know they are hot. But their ERAs have got to be lower in this tournament than it was during the year

Pat Coleman

You can also join us on the Daily Dose for discussion of all eight regionals. Follow along with us or contribute items from games you're following.

http://www.d3sports.com/dailydose/2009/05/13/regionals-underway/

Not to squelch discussion here at all, please continue! Just hoping to get occasional contributions from those following the games.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

vabaseball

Hey I would join the other discussion if it didn't require yet another username and password.  I've exhausted my supply.

CNU defeats Washington & Jefferson 5-3 in the first south regional game.

vabaseball

With regard to the "most likely to disappoint": that is the most disappointing prediction each year, or should I say discouraging.  I believe CNU received that dubious honor last year.  Don't pay it any mind.

Catfishncwc

looks like Washington and Lee is giving Salisbury a run for the money SU is up 3-2 in the 7th.   
1999 Division 3 National Baseball Champs

vabaseball

Yea, W&L pitcher has only given up 2 hits. 

RSSmith

Shanandoah banged the ball.  Hopkins didn't.  SU wins it 8-2.
A walk is never as good as a hit!

vabaseball

And the Hornets turned a couple double plays that saved their stingers....

One of them was with the bases loaded.

RSSmith

Quote from: vabaseball on May 14, 2009, 07:40:02 AM
And the Hornets turned a couple double plays that saved their stingers....

One of them was with the bases loaded.

Three inning-ending double plays actually.  One with the bases loaded and the other two with runners on first and second.  Absolutely murdered rallies on the one hand, or simply made up for the four errors on the other.
A walk is never as good as a hit!

d3baseballnut

Yea,

Shenandoah came to play. They made big pitches, got big hits, and got it done in crunch time.

Hopkins didnt. That was the difference. They couldnt get the big play.

narch

might hopkins come through the losers bracket again this year?  they're up 8-1 through 2.1 vs. ncwc...

d3baseballnut

Quote from: narch on May 14, 2009, 02:25:17 PM
might hopkins come through the losers bracket again this year?  they're up 8-1 through 2.1 vs. ncwc...

......they just pulled Fioreti him after 5 innings....he should be ready by saturday...probably not for tomorrow though.

Ralph Turner

Livestats on the front page has NCWC winning, so there may be some confusion.

vabaseball

The front page fixed the score but the livestats seems to be dead at this moment. The score stands JHU 12, NCWC 2 in the top of the 6th.