WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dballa

HSU 68 RMC 56  :59 left

Foul Fest 06 begins.

inthepaint

The announcers get a HUGE tip of my hat!  They did a great job calling this game.  I regret not listening to more games throughout the season!

Ralph Turner

Paint, would you regret it, if this were the only time HSU ever went?

You could show your children the birthplace of Basketball and the Hall of Fame.

dballa

dballa

HSU 72 RMC 56 FINAL!!!!!

Way to go Cowgirls 

inthepaint

Amazing!  72-56 Cowgirl victory!  This from a team that was knocked out of the conference tournament in the first game! 

I agree with the earlier post, that it could have been any of three ASC West teams taking us deep into the playoffs.  What a season!

dsc

Final  Four!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's great to be a HSU Cowgirl Fan! ;D

72-56........................Rope 'em Cowgirls.

They have to play SouMaine...ugh!  But who knows!
HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.

dballa

Also congrats to Coach Briggs on her 100th victory.  what a way to get it.

Ralph Turner

Way to go,
Cowgirls!

Sorry, my voice gave out.
:D

dsc

The ASC is really looking good now!  So happy!!!

Megan Silva lived up to her Josten Winner title, but could not do it alone!

They're cutting the net down in Tacoma!

Coach Shanna Briggs gets her 100th win...in four years!  Wow!

inthepaint

Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 11, 2006, 11:37:04 PM
Paint, would you regret it, if this were the only time HSU ever went?

You could show your children the birthplace of Basketball and the Hall of Fame.

Ralph, I have been watching HSU women's basketball for about 10 years, a real newcomer to the ASC when compared to some of you!  I have come to appreciate just what it takes to go deep into the playoffs.  It is a HUGE accomplishment, as we all know, to get to the Final Four!  

I have cheered teams that I thought were incredible and saw them beaten in the Sweet 16 round.  To see a team that ended the season like they did, to get into the tournament by an invitation, and then to head to a place no HSU team, no ASC team. has ever been is absolutely amazing!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: inthepaint on March 11, 2006, 11:40:05 PM
Amazing!  72-56 Cowgirl victory!  This from a team that was knocked out of the conference tournament in the first game! 

I agree with the earlier post, that it could have been any of three ASC West teams taking us deep into the playoffs.  What a season!

Paint, ETBU was a good team!  The long bus ride back told the Cowgirls that they would have to change and to re-assess what it would take without Sarah Hauk.  They had a long week to work on these things, mostly mental and they did what they needed to do.

I just wish that one of the 3 teams could have been sent to another bracket as Bridgewater and RMC were separated! :-\

dsc

Wish I had done and said that Ralph!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about not posting the scores...but I was listening to the game and just figured everyone else was also.

The games were so different.  Not the emotion in tonight's game like last night!  The crowd (or lack thereof) really makes a difference!

inthepaint

HSU has been blessed with tremendous leadership in their head coaches.  Coach Briggs has surpassed her mentor, Coach Goodenough!  What a legacy!

inthepaint

Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 11, 2006, 11:46:38 PM
Paint, ETBU was a good team!  The long bus ride back told the Cowgirls that they would have to change and to re-assess what it would take without Sarah Hauk.  They had a long week to work on these things, mostly mental and they did what they needed to do.

They certainly showed us all that they were a far better team than they appeard to be in Clinton! 

Who beat ETBU?  To listen to tonight's game knowing that you beat the team that knocked the Cowgirls out of the ASC tournament must be a bitter-sweet experience!