FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelmama

Quote from: formerd3db on August 30, 2020, 10:12:36 AM
Hello MUC,

No problem. I'm just trying to help keep everyone informed and updated about various medical articles I receive and read everyday concerning current status of this coronavirus situation, which still continues to change on a daily basis.
Football practices went well this week at Hope. Social distancing even during blocking drills on the blocking machines. Talk about line splits! Reminds me of how we had those wide splits at Hope back in my day-seemed (almost) like the entire width of the field was taken up by our offensive alignments!

Anyway, I hope you are doing well.
doc
I read that today too on CNBC that Ohio is among the fastest growing states in terms of cases.  The fact is that statement is incorrect. Trend analysis says that the numbers are going down slightly or have plateued at worst.  A m onth ago daily cases were over 1200 today they are at about 1.02K per day
https://www.cleveland.com/open/2020/08/number-of-newly-reported-coronavirus-cases-in-ohio-up-895-monday-update.html

jknezek

Quote from: joelmama on August 31, 2020, 03:18:39 PM
Quote from: formerd3db on August 30, 2020, 10:12:36 AM
Hello MUC,

No problem. I'm just trying to help keep everyone informed and updated about various medical articles I receive and read everyday concerning current status of this coronavirus situation, which still continues to change on a daily basis.
Football practices went well this week at Hope. Social distancing even during blocking drills on the blocking machines. Talk about line splits! Reminds me of how we had those wide splits at Hope back in my day-seemed (almost) like the entire width of the field was taken up by our offensive alignments!

Anyway, I hope you are doing well.
doc
I read that today too on CNBC that Ohio is among the fastest growing states in terms of cases.  The fact is that statement is incorrect. Trend analysis says that the numbers are going down slightly or have plateued at worst.  A m onth ago daily cases were over 1200 today they are at about 1.02K per day
https://www.cleveland.com/open/2020/08/number-of-newly-reported-coronavirus-cases-in-ohio-up-895-monday-update.html

It just depends on your timeframe. Cases in Ohio increased week over week, 7460 in the last seven days vs 6515 in the 7 days before. Main stream news reporters are rarely flat out wrong on statistics like this. It goes through a fact checking process. But statistics with slightly different parameters can say lots of different things.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/05/graphic-tracking-coronavirus-infections-us/

joelmama

The point is the article was trying to exagerate the current state f the virus.    The headline talked about states where the virus was spiking.  I actually think your numbers are wrong based on the date of the article (but that doesn't really matter) but the real point is that cases may be flat to slightly up or down but they for sure are not spiking in the last week.  I wish we could news that didn't have such obvious political slant since most people just take news from some outlet that agrees with their beliefs.  Unfortunately most people are not thoughtful about the root behind these stories and follwo their precious R or D all the way to the ballot box with no real thought about what or why they vote one way or the other.

jknezek

It depends on your definition of spiking I suppose. 9/1 in Ohio was 1453 new cases, the highest level since 7/31. The 2 week trend line since mid-August is showing higher cases. Higher highs, higher lows. Would I say spiking? Probably not. But I would say that case numbers are on a 2 week rise back toward the highest levels of July.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ohio+covid+numbers&rlz=1C1CHWL_enUS658US658&oq=ohio+covid+numbers&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.3158j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

People can claim politics all they want, but really they are upset about semantics. What we see is that how people perceive the numbers and headlines and articles is highly dependent on what they believe and what they want to believe. And yes, that goes for both sides and just about every issue, not simply this one.

bluestreak66

Happy not first week of the season everyone!
Hope everyone is staying safe and sane through this hard time
A.M.D.G.
Whose House? STREAKS' HOUSE!

RIP MUC57- "Go everybody!"

2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2018 & 2019 ODAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2019 OAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION

MUC57

Quote from: bluestreak66 on September 03, 2020, 09:59:13 AM
Happy not first week of the season everyone!
Hope everyone is staying safe and sane through this hard time

And to you, my friend. Go Streaks! Go Raiders! Go Anybody!  🏈 🔫 🍺
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

MUC57

mr_mom

And for my Canuck Cuzzins, Happy Labour Day!!
Never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity.

JCUStreaks70

Hope everyone is doing well! I've been missing our chats on the board about OAC Football.... If not for White Sox Baseball and Army Football, this would be even tougher.. At least it looks like the Pale Hose will finally be back in the playoffs after 12 years and Army looks like this could be one of the best teams they've fielded in a long long time!

Here's to the time when we'll all be back talking JCU-UMU football! Oh, and I suppose everyone else too.

In the words of a very smart man "Go Blue Streaks! Go Raiders! Go Black Knights! Go White Sox! Go Everybody!"
AMDG

2016 OAC CHAMPS! AND MY OWN SELF-PROCLAIMED RUNNERS-UP TO THE RUNNERS-UP.

MUC57

JCUStreaks70

Hi, old buddy. Good to hear from you again. Hope you and big brother are doing well.
And UMU-JCU will resume in March of 2021. Those are always fun games.
Who follows the White Sox? Ok, people in Chicago. What about the Cubs?
Am making some trips to the Cleveland Clinic. As I travel down Cedar, I honk when I cross Belvoir. Kind of a tribute to John Carroll. Best I can do, for now.
Stay safe and stay well. Oh, what the hell - Go Bluestreaks! (Raiders too) 🏈 😷 🍺

MUC57

Watched "real" football games on TV today. Rah! 🏈  8-)  ;D

MUC57

Browns Fans

Just wait till next year ⁉️ 💤

WRMUalum13

I just looked at Mount Unions spring football schedule. The last game says "division crossover" does anyone know what that is a reference to? Are they planning to play a non d3 opponent?

Never mind I found an explanation on Wilmington's website

The Conference will split into two divisions, East and West. The East Division includes Baldwin Wallace, John Carroll, Marietta, Mount Union and Muskingum. The West Division includes Capital, Heidelberg, Ohio Northern, Otterbein and Wilmington. Each team will play the other four teams in its division (two home, two road) over a five week period with each team receiving a bye. All games are scheduled on Friday nights at 7:00 p.m., beginning on Friday, March 12. On Friday, April 16, the top seeds of each division will meet for the OAC Championship. The No. 2 seeds will also play as well as the No. 3 seeds, No. 4 seeds and No. 5 seeds. The East Division will host the No. 1, No. 3 and No. 5 games while the West Division will host the No. 2 and No. 4 contests.

MUC57

No Mount Union people posting. Everyone must be watching the 2007 playoff game between the Raiders and St. John Fisher. Rah! 💤 ‼️

archgemini24

In what can only be described as a 1st-world problem, I realized the Raiders that matriculated in 2018 are in one of the rare, dubious positions for a Raider class: if they don't win in 2021, they will be the first in about 30 years to play their entire Mount careers and not win at least 1 national title ('18-UMHB, '19-NCC, '20-No Season). The 2012 Raiders were the last class to have to clear that hurdle (And they did. Woot!). Or is it a note with an asterisk because they (along with everyone else) lost a year?

Pity, because I was looking forward to seeing what they changed about the defense. I imagine it got a long, hard look after the Cardinals game.

Hope everyone has been well.