NESCAC

Started by LaPaz, September 11, 2011, 05:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEsoccerfan20

Past 3 years the Gulls have had CCC DPOY's in Ocko, Weinstein and Couchot.... Couchot is back but seems like they are lacking leadership back there... Trinity loss was bad for the Gulls but this is much worse.

Mr.Right

Quote from: NEsoccerfan20 on September 11, 2018, 05:46:18 PM
Conn the much better team, bizarre how poor Endicott has been defensively given the past 3 years or so how stingy they have been.

True that....maybe due to graduation? I did not see Endicott much last season

Mr.Right

4-1 Conn....about a minute left....Endicott LB dives in to tackle and whiffs...I really cannot say anything else about this Endicott defense...Feel bad for GK Jack Bacon. You transfer into a program to get them to the next level and all of a sudden the defense is so weak the program looks like they are self destructing. Now I understand why Endicott is 1-4-0

NEsoccerfan20

They definitely lost some big leaders from the last two seasons, Weinstein, Cohane, a few others. I think this could be a culture shock and they better right the ship quickly for CCC play like you said Mr Right.

Mr.Right

In other Nescac action Hamilton is up on Ithaca 1-0 at the Half. Williamstown native Sam Dils shows his wheels as he blows by a Ithaca defender on a nice feed by another Frosh Roth Wetzel(Who has already scored this season v Oswego). Hamilton Head Coach Nizzi playing a ton of Frosh today and giving everyone a run but based on the stats it looks to be a relatively even game. Interesting Note: Aidan Wood not in the starting line-up but does play off the bench. Nizzi's line-up basically looks unchanged so not sure if Wood is nursing a minor injury or if he got the sack for other stuff. Either way 1-0 Hamilton at the Half

Mr.Right

Ithaca knots the game up at 1-1 with about 25 minutes left. Ithaca scores on a set piece when Hamilton GK Lins Cadwell came charging out of his net to punch the free kick out with the only problem being he didn't get all of it as players were in his way and he punches the ball straight up into the air and backwards a bit and an Ithaca player beats a Hamilton defender to the loose air ball and heads it into the net. Questionable decision by GK Cadwell as he probably should have left a dangerous ball like that for his defenders to clear out. Also, very very close to being offsides. Hamilton wanted the call but the AR didn't raise the flag and I did not have a good look because of the stream. I am guessing the goalscorer started the set piece even with the last defender but when the ball got punched up and back  he was closer to the goal than the GK for sure and even with 1 defender but not sure even with 2. Either way 1-1.

Mr.Right

Ithaca up 2-1 now 5 minutes later. Just a sloppy goal to concede for Hamilton. Long ball gets whacked by an Ithaca defender to no one in particular as he was just "bombing" the ball forward. All Hamilton defender  #21 Milo Donovan had to do was trap the ball and pass it. He had no one pressing him at all but for some reason makes a completely bone-headed play by trying to one-time the bombed ball and proceeds to half whiff and half get the ball which then shanks to the middle of the field and a pro active Hamilton striker pounces on it and buries the strike..2-1 Ithaca and Hamilton has looked real sloppy on these 2 goals conceded.

Mr.Right

Hamilton ties it up 2-2 with 5 minutes left. Cross sent into the box and Hamilton's Jeff Plump goes for the header and collides with Ithaca's GK who grabbed the ball and then drops it after the collision with Plump. Heads up play by Hamilton veteran Matt Casadei to get to the loose ball and then slots it into the net...2-2 heading to OT...Been a game of mistakes TBH and whoever makes the next one will lose

Mr.Right

Ithaca wins the game in OT off a corner. Ball past the back post gets headed into the net. Actually it was not that simple. The corner went to a player who was left open because the Hamilton defender did not jump for the header. The player "pops up" the header which should have been an easy save for Hamilton GK Lins Cadwell who would not of even had to jump if he was positioned correctly. Alas, Cadwell was WAY out of position off his line and closer to the near post because he was watching the ball and not the play develop. Ball pops up and drops into the open net. More GK'ing errors in Nescac for 2018 costing teams important games. IMO 2 GK errors today by Lins Cadwell and Coach Nizzi might want to look at his bench for Saturday. These are not isolated incidents as Cadwell and frankly Hamilton's defene cost them a few games in 2017. Well Hamilton's defense(besides Eckells who played well today) and GK cost them today...Final: 3-2 Ithaca

Ejay

I was reading your updates and finally had a chance to tune in and it was game over.  OT must've been quick.  BTW, Hamilton's back up keeper is likely Eckles old HS teammate - Benson. 

blooter442

Cadwell didn't cover himself in glory but to be fair that was a pretty nice looping header. Man on the post was too far off the post, as well -- I think even if it beat Cadwell he should have gotten it.

Mr.Right

Gordon just sinks Colby 1-0 in OT as well. Colby had a ton of chances to win this game but could not finish.

Trinity goes down to ECONN 2-0 at Half and you figure they would cave but score 3 goals in 20 minutes 2nd Half to go up 3-2 but ECONN ties it 3-3 and that one heading to OT. ECONN has a serious Frosh in #27 Patrick Agyemang from East Hartford. Kid is a stud

ECSUalum

Now into 2OT ECSU-Trinity 3-3

6'4" Freshman Patrick Agyemang scores his second goal of the match and the game winner in 2OT, after an uncharacteristically poor 2nd half defensive performance by Eastern Connecticut!  Wasn't pretty but we will take it!   The Warriors start LEC play next Sat. @ Keene St, who were defeated by Tufts tonight 3-0.

NESCAC11

I'm trying to plan my weekend in New England and without Mr. Right's match preview post I am starting my drive without any clear game plan. Which matches are worth watching and which ones in person? I'm concerned that I might just be driving around the countryside aimlessly without his guidance. I saw that D3soccer.com picked the Williams-Babson game as their game of the week in the New England area because it might show if either of these storied programs are truly on the rebound. However, it seems to me that the Williams-Colby game the day before might be a better indicator for those two teams. Williams has crushed Babson in recent years and it hasn't shown us anything about either Williams or Babson. Maybe just spend time in Wtown this weekend? Although the Amherst game looks like a good one as well?

blooter442

Quote from: NESCAC11 on September 14, 2018, 01:49:42 PM
I'm trying to plan my weekend in New England and without Mr. Right's match preview post I am starting my drive without any clear game plan. Which matches are worth watching and which ones in person? I'm concerned that I might just be driving around the countryside aimlessly without his guidance. I saw that D3soccer.com picked the Williams-Babson game as their game of the week in the New England area because it might show if either of these storied programs are truly on the rebound. However, it seems to me that the Williams-Colby game the day before might be a better indicator for those two teams. Williams has crushed Babson in recent years and it hasn't shown us anything about either Williams or Babson. Maybe just spend time in Wtown this weekend? Although the Amherst game looks like a good one as well?

Glad someone reads it! I think that's a fair opinion, but Colby has one win against Williams in the last 27 years, so you could make the argument that Williams has dominated Colby for a number of years and that fixture hasn't really taught us much about either of those two sides during that period. I chose Babson over the Williams-Colby game because they got a solid first-year class, have started the season well, and only lost 1-0 on their last trip to Williamstown and did win two trips ago in Williamstown in 2014 (all of the Ephs' blowout wins against the Beavers have, ironically, come on the road). I think there will be some goals on Sunday.

That being said, I'd put those two Williams games above the others, if I had a free weekend and wanted to fit in good NESCAC games to watch.