FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUKaz00

Quote from: Bombers798891 on December 03, 2012, 01:43:27 PM
Quote from: bman on December 03, 2012, 12:23:38 PM
No one has even mentioned the Plain vs. Peanut conundrum...

-and what ever happend to "Crispy" M&Ms...I kinda liked those... ???

Crispy > Plain > Peanut > Peanut Butter

There's a heft to the peanut M&Ms I find appealing. Much like Jason Boltus, the physical build of the peanut M&M allows a few peanut M&M's to do things dozens of plain ones cannot.

However, much like Josh Felicetti, Peanut Butter M&Ms, while perhaps overlooked compared to the flashier versions of the product, brought everything to the table one could want in a candy. The crunch of the candy shell, the chocolate, the smoothness of the peanut butter. Unmatched.

You're crazy if you think the peanut butter M&Ms are better than the peanut ones!  I have an uncle who used to work for Mars Chocolate and when he used to let me watch them come off the conveyor belt you could tell the peanut version was made of a higher quality chocolate, gaining the reverance of the plant workers and other M&Ms.
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

Bombers798891

Quote from: AUKaz00 on December 03, 2012, 02:43:31 PM

There's a heft to the peanut M&Ms I find appealing. Much like Jason Boltus, the physical build of the peanut M&M allows a few peanut M&M's to do things dozens of plain ones cannot.

However, much like Josh Felicetti, Peanut Butter M&Ms, while perhaps overlooked compared to the flashier versions of the product, brought everything to the table one could want in a candy. The crunch of the candy shell, the chocolate, the smoothness of the peanut butter. Unmatched.

You're crazy if you think the peanut butter M&Ms are better than the peanut ones!  I have an uncle who used to work for Mars Chocolate and when he used to let me watch them come off the conveyor belt you could tell the peanut version was made of a higher quality chocolate, gaining the reverance of the plant workers and other M&Ms.

I want evidence to back up your claim of higher-quality chocolate. "You could tell" is weak at best. And it fails to advance the peanut M&M past the peanut butter ones in flavor.

(Unless this is a really belabored metaphor to tell me you support Boltus over Felicetti...)

Knightstalker

You used to come down to Hackettstown NJ?

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

AUKaz00

Quote from: Knightstalker on December 03, 2012, 03:31:37 PM

I used to live by the Nabisco factory in Fair Lawn.  Does that count?

bman

Quote from: Bombers798891 on December 03, 2012, 03:18:33 PM

Do they still make the Peanut Butter ones?  Are they the ones in the Red packet?   Haven't seen them in quite some time...

I want evidence to back up your claim of higher-quality chocolate. "You could tell" is weak at best. And it fails to advance the peanut M&M past the peanut butter ones in flavor.

(Unless this is a really belabored metaphor to tell me you support Boltus over Felicetti...)

pg04

Wait, Crispy is greater than Plain, greater than Peanut, greater than Peanut Buttter, yet Peanut Butter is unmatched?

Upstate

Quote from: pg04 on December 03, 2012, 08:17:43 PM

Wait, Crispy is greater than Plain, greater than Peanut, greater than Peanut Buttter, yet Peanut Butter is unmatched?

Where do the pretzel ones fit into everyones rankings?

I think they're top 3, right behind plain and peanut.

But that's just me.
The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

Knightstalker

Quote from: AUKaz00 on December 03, 2012, 04:24:14 PM

That counts, I used to love driving past there on the way to my Grandmothers house in Ridgewood, the smells coming out of that plant were regoddamndiculus, smelled like cookies all the time until someone decided that was air pollution and they were forced to put filters in.  I grew up and still live only about 10 miles away from M&M's.  We used to go there on Cub Scout and elementary school trips.  Always got a shoebox full of oops candies at the end of the tour.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

AUKaz00

Quote from: Knightstalker on December 03, 2012, 11:18:00 PM
...the smells coming out of that plant were regoddamndiculus, smelled like cookies all the time until someone decided that was air pollution and they were forced to put filters in. 

Yeah, I remember those days when visiting my grandparents in Wyckoff.  Then, during college, as we drove down 208 my buddy from Ringwood emplored us to roll down the windows "because it smells like cookies!"  We all did and it smelled like a tire fire.

mattvsmith

Quote from: AUKaz00 on December 04, 2012, 11:42:23 AM
...the smells coming out of that plant were regoddamndiculus, smelled like cookies all the time until someone decided that was air pollution and they were forced to put filters in. 

Yeah, I remember those days when visiting my grandparents in Wyckoff.  Then, during college, as we drove down 208 my buddy from Ringwood emplored us to roll down the windows "because it smells like cookies!"  We all did and it smelled like a tire fire.

"Smelled like tire fire"

+K for helping the Rev start the day with a good laugh. Thank you.

AUPepBand

That counts, I used to love driving past there on the way to my Grandmothers house in Ridgewood, the smells coming out of that plant were regoddamndiculus, smelled like cookies all the time until someone decided that was air pollution and they were forced to put filters in.  I grew up and still live only about 10 miles away from M&M's.  We used to go there on Cub Scout and elementary school trips.  Always got a shoebox full of oops candies at the end of the tour.

Did you say Ridgewood, NJ? Pep is thinking that's the hometown of former MLB Commissioner Bowie Kuhn's son, a teammate of Pep's at FCA Camp at Henderson Harbor on Lake Ontario back in 1972...a week or so after Hurricane Agnes flooded the Southern Tier. Pep wondered at the time, after heavy rains had cancelled his Biology Regents and sophomore class party and resulted in a week-long evacuation of Almond (which makes Pep think of the M&Ms with almonds), that Pep was venturing off to a place called "WATERtown."

All this talk of M&Ms is a handy reminder that z00's mother-in-law actually has an M&M "vending machine" in her department....which Pep has a key to....and Pep is the only staff member around at the library tonight. Please excuse Pep for a few moments after this post.

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Knightstalker

Quote from: AUPepBand on December 04, 2012, 08:47:52 PM

Did you say Ridgewood, NJ? Pep is thinking that's the hometown of former MLB Commissioner Bowie Kuhn's son, a teammate of Pep's at FCA Camp at Henderson Harbor on Lake Ontario back in 1972...a week or so after Hurricane Agnes flooded the Southern Tier. Pep wondered at the time, after heavy rains had cancelled his Biology Regents and sophomore class party and resulted in a week-long evacuation of Almond (which makes Pep think of the M&Ms with almonds), that Pep was venturing off to a place called "WATERtown."

All this talk of M&Ms is a handy reminder that z00's mother-in-law actually has an M&M "vending machine" in her department....which Pep has a key to....and Pep is the only staff member around at the library tonight. Please excuse Pep for a few moments after this post.

Actually Bowie Kuhn lived in Midland Park, right down the street from my Aunt Floss.  Midland park is right next to Ridgewood.

saxontad

Heard some interesting news about young Mr. Schavo today from a professional colleague of mine who happens to be his uncle.  He is leaving Ithaca College and entering AU this January and will be taking part in spring practice in 2013.  So, it looks like the quarterback competition at AU next fall will have a new twist.

sjfcards

Good news for AU! And that has to be tough news for IC. I know he wasn't playing football but baseball is missing out, and from everything I have heard and seen he will be a big get for AU.
GO FISHER!!!

AUKaz00

Quote from: saxontad on December 04, 2012, 09:02:03 PM
Heard some interesting news about young Mr. Schavo today from a professional colleague of mine who happens to be his uncle.  He is leaving Ithaca College and entering AU this January and will be taking part in spring practice in 2013.  So, it looks like the quarterback competition at AU next fall will have a new twist.

I heard similar rumors.  It would be fun to see him in the purple and gold!

Quote from: AUPepBand on December 04, 2012, 08:47:52 PM
Did you say Ridgewood, NJ?

Kaz, Jr. was born at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood just before we moved back to Mayberry.  All this talk of the Dirty JerZ is making me feel homesick.  Maybe I'll go light a tire when I get home tonight...