FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugsy

Quote from: USee on August 30, 2013, 06:11:05 PM
Jacksonville Jaguars pared their roster from 75 down to 54 players today and Andy Studebaker appears to have made the team. they cut 3 LB's including one who started half the season last year but kept Studebaker. Congrats Andy on joining the Jaguars, now teammate of Cecil Shorts from Mt Union.

Unfortunately spoke just a bit too soon on this.  Jags picked up 2 LB's from waviers and then released Andy.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

Pat Coleman

Rucks had a health issue during a game last year that forced him from the sidelines. He remains on staff as an assistant AD.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

NCF

Quote from: USee on September 02, 2013, 09:05:47 PM
Of course.  And I was simply pointing out to IWU70 for the third time that not every team has been dominated by the cardinals the past several seasons.  ::)

My point has been and continues to be that the perceived gap between NCC and the other top CCIW teams is not an impossible chasm.  I think the top three are much closer than recent scores (Wheaton notwithstanding) would indicate.
The Cardinals will not go winning every year, while that would be nice. I have said the same thing as well about the top teams being very close this year. All three have some quality seniors and lots of experience. It wouldn't surprise me to see any one (or two) of them take the title this year.
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

New Tradition

Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 02, 2013, 10:06:37 PM
Rucks had a health issue during a game last year that forced him from the sidelines. He remains on staff as an assistant AD.

I actually had an opportunity to shake hands and have a conversation with Coach Rucks on Saturday.  He looked pretty robust and healthy.  I told him that I was glad to see him looking so.  Extremely nice man and a class act.   :)
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

USee

Quote from: NCF on September 02, 2013, 10:13:37 PM
Of course.  And I was simply pointing out to IWU70 for the third time that not every team has been dominated by the cardinals the past several seasons.  ::)

My point has been and continues to be that the perceived gap between NCC and the other top CCIW teams is not an impossible chasm.  I think the top three are much closer than recent scores (Wheaton notwithstanding) would indicate.
The Cardinals will not go winning every year, while that would be nice. I have said the same thing as well about the top teams being very close this year. All three have some quality seniors and lots of experience. It wouldn't surprise me to see any one (or two) of them take the title this year.

I'm glad to see you've finally come to your senses. I agree with you that Wheaton is better than NCC.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: New Tradition on September 02, 2013, 10:34:58 PM

I actually had an opportunity to shake hands and have a conversation with Coach Rucks on Saturday.  He looked pretty robust and healthy.  I told him that I was glad to see him looking so.  Extremely nice man and a class act.   :)

That's excellent to hear. Glad the new role agrees with him.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

CardinalAlum

I beg to differ..
D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  ** D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **   D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 2022

New Tradition

Quote from: CardinalAlum on September 02, 2013, 10:57:13 PM

I beg to differ..
Oh?  I can only go off of the brief dealing I had with him, but he was very friendly.  He certainly doesn't carry the reputation of Stormin' Norman...

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ

Pat Coleman

I've found a lot of coaches have a different persona off the field than they do on the field.

New Tradition

Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 03, 2013, 12:13:41 AM
I've found a lot of coaches have a different persona off the field than they do on the field.
I'll happily own up to that one myself.

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ

NCF

Quote from: USee on September 02, 2013, 10:46:31 PM
Quote from: NCF on September 02, 2013, 10:13:37 PM

I'm glad to see you've finally come to your senses. I agree with you that Wheaton is better than NCC.
I see you've been dipping into the orange kool-aid again.:)
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

Son of Tailgater

Quote from: New Tradition on September 02, 2013, 11:58:30 PM
Quote from: CardinalAlum on September 02, 2013, 10:57:13 PM

I beg to differ..
Oh?  I can only go off of the brief dealing I had with him, but he was very friendly.  He certainly doesn't carry the reputation of Stormin' Norman...

I've heard a lot of different opinions on Coach Rucks but as a player and recruit of his I can tell you that he was truthful and a straight shooter to me in his approach as a Coach. He told me my potential and that it was up to me to get there but never promised me anything.

I remember my other visits to schools where I'd never meet the head coach, was promised things that weren't possible and then bullied after I told them their school wasn't a fit. Never the case with Coach Rucks. I do understand that first impressions can be everything though. 

79jaybird

In my interactions with Coach Rucks he was as genuine and polite a person as anybody in the CCIW.  His door was always open to get quotes, articles, recaps, even when it may have been difficult for him (i.e. after a Carthage loss).  I am happy to hear that he is back in good health and doing well. That is good news for him and the football world.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

Gregory Sager

NPU season preview is up. It indicates that sophomore punter John Gieseking may be seeing some duty as place-kicker as well, or at least contending with sophomore transfer Noah Moore for that spot. That's a new development, as far as I know.

I'll be taping an interview with Mike Conway later this week and playing it at halftime on Saturday night, so I'm going to get the scoop on the kicking situation.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

USee

Quote from: Gregory Sager on September 04, 2013, 08:27:36 PM
NPU season preview is up. It indicates that sophomore punter John Gieseking may be seeing some duty as place-kicker as well, or at least contending with sophomore transfer Noah Moore for that spot. That's a new development, as far as I know.

I'll be taping an interview with Mike Conway later this week and playing it at halftime on Saturday night, so I'm going to get the scoop on the kicking situation.

I am not sure I will be able to sleep until I find out the outcome of the NPU kicking cliffhanger!! :o ;D