Author Topic: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association  (Read 1681453 times)

Offline MUC57

• All-American
  • "PURPLE RAIDERS"
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association
« Reply #9810 on: December 25, 2020, 01:36:03 pm »

Watched a Christmas music special on PBS last night put on by The Hope College chorus and string orchestra. Really well done and very professional. I enjoyed it more than other similar shows.
Well done! Merry Christmas to all. 🌲✝
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Offline Flying Dutch Fan

• All-American
  • Spera in Deo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: January 22, 2021, 09:13:12 am »
In case anyone missed it, Hope announced on Jan 21 that they will not be participating in any games in the spring of 2021.  Here is a link to the press release:

https://athletics.hope.edu/sports/fball/2020-21/releases/20210121fuioee
2016 & 2020 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

Offline DBQ1965

• All-Region
    • View Profile
Reality is for those who lack imagination 😀

Offline TUAngola

• Starter
  • Go TU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: August 11, 2021, 06:06:50 pm »
MIAA Pre-Season Football Coaches Poll is out:

Rank Team            Points       First-Place Votes
1.   Albion            6 points            6
2.   Hope             14 points           1
3.   Trine             17 points   
4.   Olivet            20 points   
5.   Adrian           23 points   
6.   Alma             31 points   
7.   Kalamazoo     36 points   

No surprises.  This would be my predicted order too.

Offline JShaffer1

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile

Offline FSU96

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: September 04, 2021, 07:38:00 pm »
Heidelberg leads Adrian 38-0 at the half.

Is Heidelberg any good, or is Adrian this bad?

Offline DBQ1965

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: October 21, 2021, 07:45:48 am »
From the "for what its worth" department.  I'm surprised that activity here has been nonexistent since the beginning of the season.  Maybe because Covid disrupted last year's football season to a great degree, I find my zeal for college football (even D3) this season has waned somewhat.  I've seen Hope play 4 games so far  (including the stream of the game with Coe ... from "my" ARC/IIAC conference) and note that while their championship team of 2019 was both talented and experienced, this year's team began the season with talent and only a modicum of experience.  Six games into the season (and thanks to Coach Stursma and his staff), Hope is playing with increased confidence/experience.  If there is no let-up against Adrian and Alma, the final two games against Albion and Trine should be great contests for fans and will decide MIAA standings ending conference play.  I regret that I will miss the Trine game, but look forward to watching the Hope-Albion contest. So that's it.  Thanks for "listening" ... and go Dubuque.

Offline RFMichigan

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: October 31, 2021, 09:20:45 pm »
From the "for what its worth" department.  I'm surprised that activity here has been nonexistent since the beginning of the season.  Maybe because Covid disrupted last year's football season to a great degree, I find my zeal for college football (even D3) this season has waned somewhat.  I've seen Hope play 4 games so far  (including the stream of the game with Coe ... from "my" ARC/IIAC conference) and note that while their championship team of 2019 was both talented and experienced, this year's team began the season with talent and only a modicum of experience.  Six games into the season (and thanks to Coach Stursma and his staff), Hope is playing with increased confidence/experience.  If there is no let-up against Adrian and Alma, the final two games against Albion and Trine should be great contests for fans and will decide MIAA standings ending conference play.  I regret that I will miss the Trine game, but look forward to watching the Hope-Albion contest. So that's it.  Thanks for "listening" ... and go Dubuque.

I went to the Hope-Alma game yesterday (because I couldn't bare to watch the "other" game), and Hope looked solid. Perhaps Alma is not a good measuring stick, but Hope only gave up five first downs all game - the first coming halfway through the third quarter. Very strong and fast. Their offense looked "okay", but not as dominating as their defense. Again, competition caveats may apply, but their last two games should be interesting.

Offline pointlem

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: November 06, 2021, 05:29:33 pm »
What a terrific Hope v Albion game on a beautiful fall day, with the game ending with the teams tied in first downs (23),  and almost in the score 41-38. Although plays at the game's end may have felt decisive--a fumble after a fine catch, a third down sideline catch that was almost intercepted--those plays were no more determinative than the earlier fumbles, long passes, etc. A game that was exciting down to its final minutes, and so well played by both teams. (I may be mistaken, but I don't recall an offensive penalty by either team.)

Hope suffered a big loss when ace receiver Ian Rampersand was taken off the field with an injury. WR Terrell Harris was amazing, with 9 receptions and 111 yards, often aided by spin moves to elude would-be tacklers. Albion QB Jack Bush to Justin Thomas was unstoppable (17 catches, 182 yards).

Albion graduates a lot of starting seniors, while Hope is a junior-loaded team, which I expect may have the upper hand next year. For now, kudos to both teams.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 09:39:25 pm by pointlem »

Offline DBQ1965

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: November 07, 2021, 12:34:00 pm »
What a terrific Hope v Albion game on a beautiful fall day, with the game ending with the teams tied in first downs (23),  and almost in the score 41-38. Although plays at the game's end may have felt decisive--a fumble after a fine catch, a third down sideline catch that was almost intercepted--those plays were no more determinative than the earlier fumbles, long passes, etc. A game that was exciting down to its final minutes, and so well played by both teams. (I may be mistaken, but I don't recall an offensive penalty by either team.)

Hope suffered a big loss when ace receiver Ian Rampersand was taken off the field with an injury. WR Terrell Harris was amazing, with 9 receptions and 111 yards, often aided by spin moves to elude would-be tacklers. Albion QB Jack Bush to Justin Thomas was unstoppable (17 catches, 182 yards).

Albion graduates a lot of starting seniors, while Hope is a junior-loaded team, which I expect may have the upper hand next year. For now, kudos to both teams.

Good assessment of yesterday's game. Almost like 3 games. ... 1st quarter was Albion's ... second quarter was Hope's ... and 2nd half was a back-and-forth between two talented teams. Albion started 8 seniors on offense and 4 on defense, while Hope had 3 senior starters offensively and 5 on defense.  Hope losing Rampersad to injury was a big loss, but the excitement provided by Harris made up, in part,  for that.   Albion's QB was a steady performer and Justin Thomas was outstanding as a receiver.  Both teams played hard and Hope must have been as disappointed as Albion was elated with the outcome.  Next interesting development will be to see who Albion draws in the first round of the D3 playoffs.  Two years ago Hope drew Wartburg from the ARC.  If that were to carry through this year, Albion would face Central College ... another "Dutch" team.  We'll see.