Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

HOPEful

Haha, fair enough. I get a strange satisfaction seeing the new poll so much appreciated! :)
Let's go Dutchmen!

2015-2016 1-&-Done Tournament Fantasy League Co-Champion

wally_wabash

It looks like it was my turn to run the table this week. 

I think that we are collectively ranking half of the OAC says less about the OAC and more about the state of the North region at the moment. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

HOPEful

Outside of Hope getting beat by Adrian or Heidelberg pulling off the extreme upset and beating Mount, I'm not sure there's a game this weekend that'll shift these rankings much.

Not so hypothetical question to the group, if Heidelberg loses to Mount 40-7, do they move in your rankings?
Let's go Dutchmen!

FCGrizzliesGrad

If this was just a Region 4 poll, the top 4 spots would all be OAC teams.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Dr. Acula

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on October 21, 2021, 02:11:39 PM

And as someone who has watched all of them play I can tell you that's not a testament to how strong the OAC is this year.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: Dr. Acula on October 21, 2021, 03:38:47 PM

And as someone who has watched all of them play I can tell you that's not a testament to how strong the OAC is this year.

Really? I thought both BW And JCU looked exceptionally  good this year

Captainred81

I feel big on BW this year...Their offense is starting to come around and their D is the real deal.  They gave up only 31 to Mount, but a lot of that due to their offense not sustaining drive and giving Mount more chances.  JCU needs a little more power on offense.  Their D is also exceptional but can't be on the field with the game on their =shoulders the whole time.

As for Heidelberg this week, if they get shut out, they should move down... fi they score 7-10 points, and lose by 35 they should stand still, if they lose by more than 35 it will depend on the other outcomes, but theyt should move down
Any W.I.N is a B.F.D

HOPEful

Quote from: Captainred81 on October 21, 2021, 05:06:48 PM
As for Heidelberg this week, if they get shut out, they should move down... fi they score 7-10 points, and lose by 35 they should stand still, if they lose by more than 35 it will depend on the other outcomes, but theyt should move down

I feel differently. Losing 14-45 is no different than losing 35-0 in my eyes. And I feel like where I have them, I don't have any faith that the teams below them would suffer a more bearable fate against the Purple Raiders, even if they lose by 50+...

Unless we have a shockingly unexpected result this weekend, my rankings next week will most likely be a cut and paste of this weeks vote.
Let's go Dutchmen!

archgemini24

Quote from: HOPEful on October 21, 2021, 01:51:27 PM
Outside of Hope getting beat by Adrian or Heidelberg pulling off the extreme upset and beating Mount, I'm not sure there's a game this weekend that'll shift these rankings much.

Not so hypothetical question to the group, if Heidelberg loses to Mount 40-7, do they move in your rankings?

I don't think any team below team would do any better, and no team above them would do any worse. A score like that would probably leave them where they are (and said score we got: 49-14). I had been thinking that the only team left that could move up in spite of a "good" loss to Mount would be Ohio Northern, but they just lost to Capital...

Dr. Acula

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on October 21, 2021, 03:52:15 PM
Quote from: Dr. Acula on October 21, 2021, 03:38:47 PM

Really? I thought both BW And JCU looked exceptionally  good this year

I guess I just don't think either are exceptionally good.  BW is definitely better than they've been in years and Hilvert has them trending in the right way, but they're limited offensively IMO.  I question their ability to throw the ball.  JCU I think lacks the level of skill players their top teams have had especially at QB.  They're strong on D as usual, but again their exceptional teams have had AA caliber difference makers.  I just didn't see anyone like that.

HOPEful

After all my talk about my rankings not moving, they moved...

I finally gave in to the urge to move John Carroll down for yet another close game to an opponent I expected them to beat with more ease.
Let's go Dutchmen!

FCGrizzliesGrad

I've remembered to do it without Mr. Bean getting bored this week 8-)

Week 8

https://imgur.com/a/UuSewZB
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem