Hoopsville: Division III Basketball's Talk Show

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, January 07, 2011, 05:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Thanks, NJF... appreciate the support.

For any of you who missed the show, including lengthy interviews with both National Committee chairs, here is the archive: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2011-12/feb27
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

CityD3

Just watched most of the archived video. Great job

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Mr. Ypsi

I listened to Hoopsville for a while this evening, but it was impossible to continue.  I could barely hear the interview of Dave and Mia because the commercial was on endless loop and I couldn't find any way to get it to shut the f*** up!  I had the Hoopsville picture and sound, but the sound of the commercial nearly drowned it out!

I hate to 'bite the hand that feeds you' but what was I doing wrong?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Yipsi - I have no idea what you did wrong... though we might have had some audio up on our end... what did the ad sound like... what you would get on Ustream or what we normally run.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 11, 2012, 07:44:33 PM
Yipsi - I have no idea what you did wrong... though we might have had some audio up on our end... what did the ad sound like... what you would get on Ustream or what we normally run.

Thanks for your quick response!  I gave it another try during your interview with Ron Rose.  I found a 'pause' button on the ad (pretty sure it was not there the first time) - that worked.  Muting the volume on the ad worked for about 10 seconds, then it would start over again (at full volume).  As far as I could ever find, there was no way to simply turn off the ad, and it ran over and over and over again.  It was NOT the ad that was directly preceding your show coming up, so it might have been some weird spillover from Ustream.

As far as I could tell from the portions I actually caught, good interviews.  I may try the archives tomorrow to try to see what I missed!

(On my screen, the ad that kept playing was over on the right, while Hoopsville was on the left, so not sure whether they were even related or was a d3hoops.com problem?)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Oh.. that is D3hoops... noticed that recently

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

FYI:
Quote from: Kevin Selby on May 03, 2012, 01:32:30 PM
The Hoopsville National Invitational Classic hosted by Stevenson University

-Need (1) more team to complete (8) team field.
(2) game guarantee with and option of playing on Friday, November 16 and Saturday, November 17 or
Saturday, November 17 and Sunday, November 18.

Classic Tournament highlights include:

• Largest Division III Tip-Off Classic in the Country
  • National Media Exposure
  • All Games Streamed Live Via Webcast
  • Significant Coaches Gifts (including assistant coaches gifts)
  • All-Classic Tournament Awards
  • 20 Classic Tournament T-Shirts
  • Lodging
  • Post Game Meal
  • Laundry Service Provided

If interested, please contact Gary Stewart by phone (443) 352-4053 or email - glstewart@stevenson.edu

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

For those interested, there is a special Hoopsville Podcast surrounding the decision to move the 2013 men's championship game to Atlanta as part of the D1 Final Four to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of basketball in the NCAA.

The podcast is an extensive interview with Dan Dutcher, Vice President for Division III, who answered many questions many of you probably would have and talked about how the decision was made and some of the details for fans, coaches, players, and schools who may be involved.

You can find the interview here: http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2012/05/dutcher-interview-2013-title-game

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

A story of note... please keep Damone Brooks, his family, his teammates, the coaching staff, and the Goucher community in your hearts, thoughts, and prayers.

http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2012/05/goucher-player-paralyzed

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Heads up to anyone following the page... I will be chatting with Ohio Wesleyan coach Mike DeWitt in the coming days for a special Hoopsville On Demand podcast early next week. Coach DeWitt is the new men's basketball committee chair and we will be discussing the coming season per tournament structure, regional rankings, future changes, etc.

If you have any questions for Coach DeWitt, leave them on this board or email me at dave.mchugh@d3sports.com. You have until Sunday!

Mr. Ypsi

Dave, I posed a question on the tournament page.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I did see it... will see if I can get that in there... remember that in '13-'14 the new "all games count" as long as you play 70% in your region comes into affect, so I don't think a lot of other changes would take place. Also, I have indications that the work to realign regions across all sports in Division III will be complete for '13-'14 and that could also have some impacts. I will be honest that I am not sure how much Mike will know about the 200 mile rule... but I can try and ask (that being said, something like conferences along side one another in different regions counting as region games sounds like a stretch in getting approved).

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Here is the interview with the new Men's Basketball Committee Chair, Mike DeWitt (found on the front page of D3hoops.com):
www.d3hoops.com/notables/2012/07/2013-tournament-spread-out

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

In case you missed the front page of D3hoops.com... here is the information on the inaugural Hoopsville National Invitational Classic:
http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2012/09/hoopsville-classic-introduction

This year's teams are Transylvania, Randolph-Macon, Catholic, St. Mary's (Md.), Franciscan, Mass-Boston, Gallaudet, and hosted by Stevenson.

Next year's line-up has even more who's who... but we will wait to announce those until things come together a bit more.