MBB: MAC Freedom League

Started by ljk, March 14, 2005, 09:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEPAFAN

Congrats to Marywood,yes Marywood I'm winning the cross county challenge. Scranton looks lost but still managed to beat Kings. Both Kings and Wilkes lost to Marywood. Maybe I should come back to this page to talk hoops as the Landmark is quite.

I can hear cold case from heaven pontificating on the state of NEPA basketball
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

CCHoopster

Come on over NEPAFAN!

Tonight:

Wiles 73 Drew 68

Mis 88 Susquehanna 79

Moravian 91 DVU 72

Arcadia 77 DeSales 71

Easter 83 Goucner 69

Good win, on the road I think, by Kings last night.

CCHoopster

Slightly off, as usual, in my predictions. Did not watch any but read some box scores and recaps.

Wilkes seems to be coming along. What once looked like a major win vs Scranton (still good) now has settled. Congrats to #11 Pecorelli for scoring 30 points- 6/7 on three point attempts! Where has Connor Evans been for WU?

I imagine Misericordia and Susquehanna are probably both thinking they would be sitting differently. Looks like Mis is losing confidence in their bench, only 2 points. Good win for SU.

What seemed to be a good game at halftime ended in another double digit loss, this time to Moravian, for DVU. Del Val's box score show's no Britton, Ciunculli, Robinson. Obviously no Beck. Long road the next few months.

What I thought would reflect a young and inexperienced team, is becoming a team that is learning to win. DeSales pulled out a great second half to beat Arcadia on the road. They have a shot to contend for the conference this.

Eastern with an easy one over Goucher. No Pena in the box score for EU.

Manhattanville fell to Suny Purchase.

NEPAFAN

CC,

Thanks for the invite. Do you have a team in the MAC Freedom?
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

CCHoopster

I don't. I went to a D3, kids played a little at small colleges. Nephew played last year. I live along route 222 in Lancaster County Pa. I'm surrounded by MACC, MACF and Centennial Schools. Mainly a huge D3 fan!

CCHoopster

Picks for the first night of MAC Freedom play.

Eastern 91 vs DeSales 82

Misericordia 74 @ Manhattanville 63

Del Val 68 @ Kings 64

Wilkes 84 FDU Florham 71

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

CCHoopster

DeSales over Eastern
Wilkes over Misericordia

Eastern over Wilkes

Eastern first round upset in NCAA's. You need a PG and big (Pena, Chapman) and two knockdown shooters (James, Washington) and you can win a weekend. I think they have it.

mailsy

Quote from: CCHoopster on February 19, 2018, 08:03:04 AM
DeSales over Eastern
Wilkes over Misericordia

Eastern over Wilkes

Eastern first round upset in NCAA's. You need a PG and big (Pena, Chapman) and two knockdown shooters (James, Washington) and you can win a weekend. I think they have it.

I like your optimism. But don't you mean Eastern OVER DeSales?
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

jmcozenlaw

CCHoopster!!!!! I was beginning to think you were in a coma (or worse), or moved to Guam and gave up on D-III hoops. I saw a December 1, 2017 post, a January 2 post.................and nothing until today. You were a couple of times per week poster and a game predictor in a previous incarnation. :)

I didn't see a ton of MAC Freedom ball myself this year as a blind man could have picked the top four teams given the roster composition/returning players. I actually saw quite a bit of Lancaster Bible College, as I know many of the people at the college. The place has really grown over the past 5-10 years. Herbie Brown is a stud..............a smaller, beardless, poor man's James Harden. My school, Swarthmore, lost a couple of game's they shouldn't have, but still have a reasonable chance at the AQ.

The Eagles run to a Super Bowl actually consumed me this year and hoops of any kind took a backseat. On another note, I might have missed this one in the preseason when I wrote about the number of impact transfers in the MAC. Besides Perez, the sophomore transfer from Ithaca, Eastern's top scorer (Chapman) was a senior transfer from a NAIA school (his 3rd college someone told me). I'll say it until the cow's come home. You'll see more of it going forward, trust me. Even at Lancaster Bible's senior day on Saturday, I heard through the grapevine about something that might literally be a first. There were four seniors honored. One was a four year player (Herbie Brown). The other three were all transfers AND three, two and one year players at that. Now THAT is some unique transfer trivia. :)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The NCAA men's basketball regional advisory committees released their third set of rankings, and as expected, the Atlantic Region was among those getting shuffled. Here's the full list: http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/men-regional-rankings-third

CCHoopster

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on February 19, 2018, 01:23:16 PM
CCHoopster!!!!! I was beginning to think you were in a coma (or worse), or moved to Guam and gave up on D-III hoops. I saw a December 1, 2017 post, a January 2 post.................and nothing until today. You were a couple of times per week poster and a game predictor in a previous incarnation. :)

I didn't see a ton of MAC Freedom ball myself this year as a blind man could have picked the top four teams given the roster composition/returning players. I actually saw quite a bit of Lancaster Bible College, as I know many of the people at the college. The place has really grown over the past 5-10 years. Herbie Brown is a stud..............a smaller, beardless, poor man's James Harden. My school, Swarthmore, lost a couple of game's they shouldn't have, but still have a reasonable chance at the AQ.

The Eagles run to a Super Bowl actually consumed me this year and hoops of any kind took a backseat. On another note, I might have missed this one in the preseason when I wrote about the number of impact transfers in the MAC. Besides Perez, the sophomore transfer from Ithaca, Eastern's top scorer (Chapman) was a senior transfer from a NAIA school (his 3rd college someone told me). I'll say it until the cow's come home. You'll see more of it going forward, trust me. Even at Lancaster Bible's senior day on Saturday, I heard through the grapevine about something that might literally be a first. There were four seniors honored. One was a four year player (Herbie Brown). The other three were all transfers AND three, two and one year players at that. Now THAT is some unique transfer trivia. :)

My health took a turn in mid December after a dermatology appointment- spent a month on melanoma treatment and feeling much better just the past few weeks. Young people, USE SUNBLOCK!

Mike Rejniak

​Dear D3 Faithful ;D,
     I have read many of your posts throughout the years and even met some of you in person, but for those who I haven't met, let me introduce myself: my name is Michael Rejniak and I have spent over 14 years coaching Division 3 basketball and love what our division has done and continues to do for  the sport of basketball. One of the greatest things about Division 3 basketball is the brotherhood that we all have with one another (coaches and players alike). My wish is to showcase the talents of D3 on a national stage in The Basketball Tournament (TBT).  You may have heard me speak about this on the Hoopsville Marathon with Dave McHugh of D3hoops.com (at the 6:11 mark). The TBT is a national tournament that is televised in July/August on ESPN after the NBA season is over. My goal is to put forth an all-star D3 team (current players are ineligible) and have them compete in this tournament to take on Former D1 / semi-pro's to prove that D3 deserves the same respect as other NCAA divisions. The team is mostly complete with former student-athletes from all over the country competing. Once the roster is complete we will be sure to release it through d3hoops. Former Babson College National Champion Matthew Droney '17 will also be assisting me on this journey.

How YOU can help our former elite D3 basketball players

While the end prize of this tournament is a monetary prize, being a D3-lifer, the goal is not the money (we all know that's not why we get into coaching), the goal is to bring an end to the stigma of Division 3 basketball, an awareness of how talented our student-athletes are and that we can compete (and win) against the best. We do need to raise funds for an entry fee, travel, meal and housing expenses for the athletes. In order to do this, we are conducting a crowd-funding campaign through GoFundMe to help make this a reality. These athletes need your support! Just think -- if every Division 3 school donated just $10, we will have raised over $4,000!!!! The link to the GoFundMe Page is below and please SPREAD THE WORD and email me with any questions/concerns at WeAreD3TBT@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your support and Dave and I look forward to this "D3 Dream Team" taking the court this summer.-Mike Rejniak

Support "We Are D3" In The TBT

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It appears FDU Florham's Peter Marion is out as head coach. Continuing to follow.