WBB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by Warrior Fish, December 16, 2004, 12:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

There's a situation? Buckley's name is still on the Aurora Web site.

auballer

Buckley stepped down.  The new coach is former Lewis Univ. assistant Michelle Roof.  Hopefully she can help bring back the days when the Spartans were winning numerous conference championships. I think she will.

eaglepride

Anyone ever read those ridiculous comments the Eureka coach makes after games on their website?  Made me chuckle today reading them.

eaglepride

The season is right around the corner!  How does everyones teams look?  Any new freshman or transfers that will make an impact? 

Warrior_Fish

NEW SEASON EVERYONE!!!!

Anyone still checkin this thing?  Is anyone as excited as I am for a new season of LMC women's basketall???

Gimmie your picks everone.  We need to make our voices heard on LMC Media day. 
(november 10th @ lakeland btw)

1.  Edgewood
2.  MBBC
3.  Marian
4.  LC
5.  WLC
6.  CUW
7.  MSOE
8.  DU     <<<this one will be close
9.  AC     <<<

POY
Kim Bond and Nikki Updike.

keith45

ROY will come from Edgewood..they have at least 2 candidates

dropkick11

FYI Waririor Fish- I have it on good sources that Kim Bond isn't playing this year..

regentfan1

Rockford started off on the right foot. It may only be preseason but they took it to Wheaton(so called #11) last night leading by 10 at half only to slip and lose bya few in the end. Missed too many inside bunnies. When the legs get stronger the bunnies will fall.

Go! Regents :P

Warrior_Fish

My dear friend, with good sorces,
You are correct.  I did not know that she had left for nursing. 

I hear our dear friends at 'Natha have only eight players with which to make a run at the LMC tourney upset bid, and one of those has a few pins in her wrist. 

Bummer for them.

Preseason announced today:
2005-06 Women's Basketball Preseason Coaches Poll
#1 Edgewood College
#2 Lakeland College
#3 Wisconsin Lutheran College
#4 Marian College
#5 Concorida University
#6 Dominican University
#7 Milwaukee School of Engineering
#8 Maranatha Baptist Bible College
#9 Alverno

Edgewood is the team to beat, and if they loose one game in conference this year, I will be astonished.

Lakelands get #2 because of our past, but let me tell ya, I think they might move down the list here a lil bit. 

evryone else, shrug.  does it matter?  EC will blow everyone away. 

Mr. Downtown

Tonight Concordia takes on Oskhosh.

Being a Titan fan and from the WIAC, how good is this Concordia team?

For the Titans, they are not very deep, but a solid starting 5. They did not play very well against Carroll College last week, so i expect them to improve.

regentfan1

Where is all the "SMACK TALK" this year??
???

Warrior_Fish

Well, I am astonished.  EC's downward spiral seems to show that last year was a fluke.  LC is in the drivers seat sitting at 5-0. 

Guess we will see what shakes out.

Warrior_Fish

Again, just talking to myself here this year.

LC takes on WLC today.  Muskies improve to 6-0. 

Anyone have ANY thoughts on anything???

borderjumper

???  Well, I'm not in the loop these days, but my dad tells me that the Fish whalloped the Warriors.  Sounds like Coach A and crew have developed another strong group of young ladies to work with.  I'll be checking in every so often...maybe more posts will show up! ::)

eaglepride

Conference opens up tomorrow.....any thoughts or predicitons?  Rockford and Eureka have the best records but my Eagles will give them a run for their money.  It also looks like Aurora and Concordia are playing better.