FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OzJohnnie

Hi, folks, here's the obituary for John and his wife, Jean.

https://crippinfuneralhome.com/obituaries/john-j-imogene-b-peloquin/1842/

His niece kindly sent it to me to post here.  She first responded to an email I had sent John, which is how I found the news, and has sent me a few updates since.  She, her brothers and the whole family have appreciated the posts here (I sent her a link so they could see what 57's 'Johnnie internet friends' had to say).
[  

Robert Zimmerman

Thanks for posting the obituary Oz, 57 will be missed on these boards.

"The older the violin, the sweeter the music."

DuffMan

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

OzJohnnie

No worries, Duffman.  I'm glad we can share the news.

What a game between Carlton and Richmond to open the year.  Very intense.  Full capacity crowd.  If this is a preview of how the season will go then we're in for a very entertaining year.

https://youtu.be/Cs5_oS9nZ7k

And the last two minutes were crazy tense.

https://youtu.be/7gKWak_SdQI

[  

formerd3db

Quote from: Texas Ole on March 14, 2023, 10:13:05 PM
Thank you guys. Appreciate the update. Sad to hear about his health.

Texas Ole:

Check your PMs again. It came through this time. Thanks for your PM.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

Texas Ole

OzJohnnie

Another ripping game last night, this time between Collingwood and Geelong.  Collingwood won.

A leaping fool and frequent big mark winner, Jeremy Howe from Collingwood, came down awkwardly from a big leap and compound fractured his forearm.  So bad they didn't replay it on TV.  Play continues in footy when there is an injured player unless the injured player interferes with the flow of play or a buggy, etc, is required on the field.  The paper has comments from players from both teams who were flagging doctors to come out as they ran by Howe chasing the play and saw the bone sticking out.
[  

OzJohnnie

Also, I would like to point out the obvious which is that there is chaos and uncertainty everywhere in the world at the moment.  War, banks failing, political/legal wranglings.  We all have opinions on these things, I'm sure.  I certainly do.  I'm glad we can keep this place a refuge from the larger issues of the day.

Even the Romans needed a moment to have a quiet cup of tea and some buttered bread while the city burned.
[  

sjusection105

Quote from: OzJohnnie on March 16, 2023, 04:16:44 PM
Hi, folks, here's the obituary for John and his wife, Jean.

https://crippinfuneralhome.com/obituaries/john-j-imogene-b-peloquin/1842/

His niece kindly sent it to me to post here.  She first responded to an email I had sent John, which is how I found the news, and has sent me a few updates since.  She, her brothers and the whole family have appreciated the posts here (I sent her a link so they could see what 57's 'Johnnie internet friends' had to say).
A life well lived. God, family, country. Rest in peace.
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

OzJohnnie

Oh, man, it's gonna be a looooooonnnnnnnnnnnng season for Hawthorn.
[  

hazzben

Boys of Fall

Thanks for sharing the obituary.  A good man indeed.

Ice Bear

Quote from: OzJohnnie on March 17, 2023, 08:32:24 PM
Also, I would like to point out the obvious which is that there is chaos and uncertainty everywhere in the world at the moment.  War, banks failing, political/legal wranglings. We all have opinions on these things, I'm sure.  I certainly do.  I'm glad we can keep this place a refuge from the larger issues of the day.

Even the Romans needed a moment to have a quiet cup of tea and some buttered bread while the city burned.

Ice Bears says a-****ing-men to that Oz. +k

A long time fan of DIII Football!

OzJohnnie

Here's an entertaining/depressing slip of paper from the 57 archives that his niece sent to me to share here.

It's the full-year invoice for one of his years at SJU.  $858 all up, including tuition, room and board and labs.  Those were the days.
[  

AO

Quote from: OzJohnnie on March 21, 2023, 01:51:24 PM
Here's an entertaining/depressing slip of paper from the 57 archives that his niece sent to me to share here.

It's the full-year invoice for one of his years at SJU.  $858 all up, including tuition, room and board and labs.  Those were the days.
Wow, the Johnnies must have been eating good when the food was 3 times more expensive than the room.