WBB: Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by charge, October 30, 2004, 11:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoops0

No Manchester won't win it. Allthough I'd rather them win it than Franklin.  But I'm thinking they won't make it to the championship game. I do agree that they'll be tough in the next few years though.

hoops0

And if Manchester does face Franklin in the championship I doubt they'll win. The only team in the conference that has been able to defeat Franklin is the Mount.

grizzlygalfan

C'mon now, lets be serious here.  Manchester stands no chance of coming into the Spurlock Center and beating the Grizzlies.  Franklin has by far the best fans around making it almost impossible for visitors to play a good game.  Given, we are a bunch of *$$holes, and I am pretty sure that is what works for us.  Hey, what can I say, we lost 1 game to Mount this year.  Thats alright.  when The Mount came to Franklin they lost by over 40.  See ya in Franklin, and don't worry.  We'll keep the League and tourney title safe here at Franklin.  DYNASTY BABY!!!!!

hoops0

Franklin fans are okay...but nothing spectacular. I've seen the same (if not better) intense student fans at some of the bottomdwellers in the conference. Beating Franklin will be tough but it is definately no where near impossible.

grizzlygalfan

Hey you know what, maybe we are not the greatest fans.  Well maybe we are, Are you serious?  We just beat the beavers by more than 35?  C'mon to Spurlock.  They may have been the the #8 seed but hell what is mount #4?  We still beat them by 40....  See ya Friday, then watch us storm the courth on Saturday.  Watch Ballard, Roberson, and Mehlich take All Tournament honors if not M.V.P.  Like I said, see ya at Spurlock... 

hoops0

The Franklin fans are okay, but it's not like I haven't seen fans just as rowdy. Who cares that you beat Bluffton, that's not a huge accomplishment. And why do you keep talking about Mount, I was just making a point that even a mediocre team can beat Franklin. They probably will win but personally I'll be rooting for an upset.

hoops0

Hahahaha! Way to jinx your team. Franklin was supposed to run away with it and they choked in the championship game at home. That's great. Congrats to Manchester...picked last in the conference and wins the championship. I love it!

bodhi5

Quote from: hoops0 on February 25, 2006, 04:38:49 PM
Hahahaha! Way to jinx your team. Franklin was supposed to run away with it and they choked in the championship game at home. That's great. Congrats to Manchester...picked last in the conference and wins the championship. I love it!

Picked last, finished first.  Hell of a coaching job by coach Dzruich, or however you spell it.  Young team stepped up in a big game.  This could be the start of many big wins for the MC women. 

Man, did I call that or what.  I should go to the boat.  And in honor of MC's win, I'll throw it all on BLACK!

albinomascot19

So do you all feel that Manchester will be this year's Cinderella Team in the NCAA Tournament.   How far do you think they will advance?

hoops0

I chose not to venture a guess because I didn't think they'd even make it to the championship let alone win (although I'm happy they did). I guess it all depends on what kind of draw they get.

And with Franklin losing Roberson, Ballard, and Merlich is this the sign of them passing over the torch and not being the dominant team in the conference? I know they will reload as always, but with Manchester having everyone back and other teams out there who are getting quality recruits...maybe we won't see the same Franklin we've had in recent years.  ;)

Wydown Blvd.

Quote from: albinomascot19 on February 26, 2006, 06:21:47 AM
So do you all feel that Manchester will be this year's Cinderella Team in the NCAA Tournament.   How far do you think they will advance?

Manchester gets stuck playing Wash U. To answer the question, probably no where.

ballnut

Now for the rest of the story: Choke? Hardly. Manchester didnt beat Franklin, the flu got them. They were fortunate to get past Anderson, who played us tougher than Manchester. Roberson was sick with the flu the day we played Anderson.
She was taking two pure aspirin every two hours, and taking tylenol to get the
fever down, and drank 3 gallons of gatorade during the tournament to stay hydrated. She lead all scorers with 21 points. Another  starter was using an inhaler, and Merlich was recovering. Anderson took enough out of the Grizz to
enable manchester to have a chance. Still, they won by only two points.
The Grizz were guilty of taking two teams to lightly, lost by only two at Michigan
to the #4 team in the nation, Hope, and lost to a well-coached,mediocre team
while 3 starters were suffering from the flu. They only lost one game while they were playing their best. They lost two games to over-confidence, and lost  the
last to the flu. Roberson IS the best PLAYER in the conference. Check the stats.
Jumps center,and wins,usually takes a girl 6'2" to outjump her. Plays point, and is one of the better point guards in the conference. The consumate team player.
When we were routing Bluffton, she told coach to put the bench players in instead of trying to go for tournament mvp. We are going to miss "robo" a truly
talented and gifted basketball player in all phases of the game. Her only weakness? To unselfish. If she were more into her stats instead of team play
she would put up some awesome numbers. Enough said. Good-bye.

hoops0

Ballnut, I'm not exactly sure why you are defending Roberson. I'm pretty sure no one said anything bad about her on the contrary it's a known fact she is a flat out stellar player and a classy one at that. I think most people thought it would be impossible for any team to defeat Franklin in the championship game with Roberson and the crew and sick or no sick it's still an incredible win by Manchester. And it isn't nessesary to make an excuse for every one of their losses this season. Even the worst of teams can go thru and give good excuses why they lost a game they should have won but it doesn't really matter.

One thing that did bother me that you said was about Roberson requesting to the coach to let the bench players play in the Bluffton tourney blow out game. It's sad that the Franklin coach would have to be told that by a player and not just do it herself. Since when isn't it good enough just to win- as opposed to thinking about awards. I really hope this wasn't the case because that shows a real lack of class.

ballnut

Re: "junior varsity" post of 2-25-06. That reply is really directed at your post of that date. Your insightful narrow minded observation that the Grizz "choked"
without any thought of any other circumstances that might have occurred to account for the grizz sub-par performance. The tone of the post obviously  brings into question your lineage and the manner of your up-bringing. You arent
college educated are you? Have a nice day.

hoops0

Regardless of the EXCUSES...they did choke. They were a stacked team talent wise and didn't come up with the win for the championship. Ouch. ;)