WBB: Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by charge, October 30, 2004, 11:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge

daddy reb its that time  how is my coach. missed you at dads day. send me your e-mail add. here is mine mailto:ctvfd202@yahoo.com">ctvfd202@yahoo.com

Brian Sullivan

Just wondering about the lack of ANY votes for Franklin in the national rankings.  This is a team that has averaged 21 wins a year the previous three winters, including 23-5 last year, and has started off 6-1 this time around.  Thoughts?

Brian Sullivan

Perhaps knocking off the defending national champs, leading wire-to-wire, will do the trick.

sully

Best of luck this season to Franklin.  The senior class has gone 64-20 over the last three seasons, including 33-9 in conference play.  With 22 wins this season, the senior class will become the winningest class in school history.

Key returnees include:
Lindsey Robertson (5'9 Sr. SG) - 16.4 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.5 spg, 36.3% 3pt, 82.1% FT
Becky Ballard (5'10 Sr. PF) - 15.0 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 48.9% FG, 74.4% FT
Leslie Mehrlich (6'0 Sr. C) - 10.7 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 53.8% FG, 70.4% FT
Brittany Beehler (5'3 Jr. PG) - 3.7 ppg, 5.6 apg, 2.8 spg, 41.7% 3pt
Katie Douglas (6'0 Jr. PF) - 4.6 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 46.3% FG
Kelly Snider (5'10 So. SF) - 9.5 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 51.5% FG, 51.9% 3pt, 81.2% FT

Roberson is the defending conference MVP, Ballard has been the league tournament MVP two years running, and Beehler shattered the school's single season assist record.  Snider was limited to ten games after a bout with mono; if healthy this season she gives Franklin a legitimate fourth scoring option.  If juco transfer Rachelle Durcholz is as good as advertised as a second point guard option, Franklin will have impressive size and athleticism on the perimeter to go along with a trio of highly effective big people inside.

M and L

how about the Mounties and them roaring over defience

M and L

hey, where is everyone at?

GRIZZFAN

I too am wondering why Franklin is being overlooked in the voting. In 2004 they beat a good Milliken team by 23 pts., last year they knock off Wilmington. They also beat Kenyon and lost to Albion by 6 pts., then they take Hope college to the wire this year losing by 2 pts. In the 2003-2004 season they were rated 2nd in the region. They haven't even been acknowledged in the region rankings last year or this year when the team is virtually the same as the 2003-04 team. They have definitely shown they can play with the "big boys" but are getting no recognition. Your thoughts?

ballnut

Serious deficiency at point guard. Lacks speed and all the other attributes it takes to be a true point. Very immobile center, cant defend, or doesnt want to.
Opponents scoring comes from inside, in the paint. This team seems to play to the level of its competition, rather than coming out of the gate and burying them at the outset. Lacks a killer instinct. Most games this year they havnt been ready to play at he outset, and have had to come from behind. Maybe two years of being unanamous pick to win conference has spoiled them. They have been pushed by a lot of lesser teams all year long. I see a lot of the players making a lot of fundamental mistakes. #3 and #44 can carry them to
conference win. They should have gone unbeaten, but the Mount caught them napping.

Pat Coleman

No wins against strong programs all season makes it hard to vote for Franklin.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ballnut

After getting fouled across the arms going up for a lay-in on a drive to the basket and getting knocked to the floor, the player asked why that wasnt a foul. She was told by the down official, you have to "draw contact." Can some one help me understand this. I really hate getting on the officials.

bodhi5

What a turn around Manchester College has done.  Coach Venet started the transformation last season, and now with Coach Dzurick running the show the squad has turned into a winner (13-6, 5-3 currently).  The current squad has no seniors on its roster, so look out for the Spartans in '06-07.  You heard it here first, Manchester will win the HCAC next season. 

M and L

ballnut, that is typical HCAC officiating!

GRIZZFAN

The only thing I can agree w/ballnut on is yes, they are a slow starting team.

HCACfan

bodhi5

Manchester will win the HCAC tourney and advance to the NCAA tourney.