AVCA Women's Volleyball Top 25 Rankings/Discussion

Started by WLCALUM83, September 17, 2009, 04:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WLCALUM83

Here is the AVCA 2010 Pre-Season Women's Top 25 Volleyball Poll:

http://www.avca.org/divisions/division-three-women/poll-8-19-10/

(along with some Top 25 and ARV match-ups between now and 9/7 when the next poll comes out:)

#  1  Washington-MO vs. ARV DePauw
#  2  Juniata vs. #15 Christopher Newport
#  3  Emory vs. #16 Southwestern-TX (neutral court)
#  5  Colorado College vs. ARV LaVerne
#  7  Carthage @ #13 UW-Eau Claire  (ARV St. Ben-MN in same tourney)
#  8  St. Thomas-MN vs. #11 Wittenberg
#10  Ohio Northern vs. #23 Heidelberg
#11  Wittenberg vs. #14 UW-Whitewater and ARV Cal Lutheran (same meet as #  8 match-up above)

#17 Pacific Lutheran vs. #25 Puget Sound
#18 Eastern-PA @ ARV Haverford

OshDude

A certain volleyball blog is still around. It's not entirely terrible. There's 2010 stuff on there like "Who Loses Whom" and preseason polls.

If you've never moused to it, the blog focuses on the Central and Midwest regions but has a bunch of national entries as well, especially during tournament time.

Just Bill

Just stumbled across a new site: www.D3VB.org.  Looks very good and they've done a lot of work to load in nearly every school's schedule.  Perhaps a future D3Sports.com partner site?
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

WLCALUM83

Quote from: Just Bill on September 02, 2010, 04:12:07 PM
Just stumbled across a new site: www.D3VB.org.  Looks very good and they've done a lot of work to load in nearly every school's schedule.  Perhaps a future D3Sports.com partner site?

I just went over there, too. I'm hoping it'll generate some more interest, particularly in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and West Regions.

WUPHF

Quote from: WLCALUM83 on September 14, 2010, 05:39:57 PM
AVCA D3 Top 25 Poll for Week 2 is now up: http://www.avca.org/divisions/division-three-women/poll-9-14-10/

Saturday features one of the games of the year as No. 1 Washington University takes on No. 2 Juniata College in Indiana.  This is a rematch of the championship game from last year.  And, a rematch of the regular season game that was the single greatest volleyball match I have ever seen.  I am a volleyball novice, but I am sure others would agree.

Washington University defeated four nationally ranked teams this last week without dropping a set.  Juniata is undefeated and always has a great schedule, so this should be one of the games of the year. 

I wish I could go.

WUPHF

And, the Bears win again with a 3-2 victory over Juniata College to remain unbeaten.

WLCALUM83

WLCALUM83

Juniata takes Eastern-PA in 3
    (25-23, 25-18, 25-22)
        Juniata came back from a 21-14 deficit to take Set 1
                   Juniata--  Miller and Barnhart  9 kills each, Morrison 17 digs
                   Eastern -- Reinhold 9 kills, 10 digs

WLCALUM83

AVCA D3 WVB Top 25 poll for Week 4 is now up:

http://www.avca.org/division-three-women/poll-9-28-10/

WLCALUM83