Cortaca 2022 Yankee Stadium

Started by XREDDRAGON77, October 29, 2022, 10:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucabear73

Tomorrow is going to be something. Weather going to be completely different than MetLife 3 years ago...it was COLD at the Meadowlands.

Looking forward to a sloberknocker....I'll take the Dragons 27-24
Give me a botte of anything. And a Glazed Donut. To go.

Ice Bear

Ice Bear wishing for a great injury free game today and The Stadium. The Bear is hoping for a big Bomber W today. Ice is happy for all the student athletes and alum who are able to be a part of and enjoy this great opportunity! Let's go Bombers!!!!!!
A long time fan of DIII Football!

tecmobowler

The only day I liked Cortland is the one time their own students tried to burn it to the ground. World would be better off if they finished the job one of these years.
Thousands of fans join in the revelry, showing their Bomber pride and support for the football team. Some fans take the rowdiness a little too far, however, by starting fights, damaging property and tipping Port-a-Potties. -Ithacan, November 10th

Cowboy2

Caz Bombers

IC can't stop the QB scramble at all

Ice Bear

Ice absolutely loving this Cortaca game! Ice says goodness IC plays hard! Ice says what a great experience for these kids on both teams. Bombers representing the LL well thus far.

Ice says Zac Boyes just hasn't faced a defense like this. Kid's a warrior though.

Caz Bombers

WHAT DO WE LIKE? WHAT DO WE EAT? DRAGON MEAT!

Ice Bear

Quote from: Caz Bombers on November 12, 2022, 02:50:08 PM
WHAT DO WE LIKE? WHAT DO WE EAT? DRAGON MEAT!

Ice says IC looked great! Ice sends his congrats to the Bombers!

XREDDRAGON77

Ithaca whipped us but we knew they were good! They executed to near perfection. Maybe we will see a rematch in a few weeks! Congrats to the Bombers
Taste It!

Bartman

Congratulations to the Bombers on a  well played and well coached BIG win over the E8 Champ Red Dragons.
Good luck in the NCAA Tournament!
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Bartman

Toerper was a great pick as HC by the Bombers. Bartman is already working on encouraging a D1 offer to avoid a dominant run by Ithaca over the next few years ;)
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

JT2

Great game... turnovers, hurt Cortland big time today. Possible rematch in the playoffs.
Tip - Stay young by having your first kid when you're almost 50.

If there are no dogs in Heaven when I die, I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers.

IC798891

What a team.

Ithaca finishes the regular season 10-0 with a decisive 34-17 victory in the Cortaca Jug.

The Bombers' D forces Cortland to become one dimensional, as the Red Dragons got nothing done in the air. And they made two crucial red zone stops. The first came at the end of the first half, when an interception kept Cortland off the board and secured a 17-7 halftime lead. The next came when the Bombers were clinging to a 20-14 lead and at the risk of losing momentum. The force three incompletions and hold Cortland to a FG.

On offense, the Bombers were almost flawless. A.J. Wingfield completed 18-of-20 passes, and showed great poise. And Ithaca's running game simply wore the Red Dragons down, leading to an emphatic, game-sealing TD run by Jake Williams. And I do mean emphatic — watch the replay when you get a chance. All told, Ithaca averaged 6.6 yards per play and committed just two penalties.

IC's special teams made great plays, with an 87-yard kickoff return setting up a FG.

Michael Toeper has completely invigorated the Bombers and it shows. The poise the team showed in answering Cortland when it was 20-17 is something we've seen all year, whether that was getting over the RPI hump or answering the bell at Union with the playoffs on the line.

What a team.

tecmobowler

Ithaca is clearly a cohesive bunch who have rallied around their coach. I felt like their running game was better than the results this year, and they came through yesterday. Catch in the end zone was nuts. Wingfield stayed within himself. Defense lost track of Boyes too many times but otherwise was outstanding.

Cortland's RB looked the part and Boyes tried to put them on his back with his legs
Their passing game left us a bit confused. Boyes was not very accurate and when he was a
lot of his guys had the dropsies. Not sure if this was a result of a weak schedule overinflating, or nerves at Yankee Stadium....
Thousands of fans join in the revelry, showing their Bomber pride and support for the football team. Some fans take the rowdiness a little too far, however, by starting fights, damaging property and tipping Port-a-Potties. -Ithacan, November 10th

IC798891

Quote from: tecmobowler on November 13, 2022, 06:52:52 AM

Their passing game left us a bit confused. Boyes was not very accurate and when he was a lot of his guys had the dropsies.

This was the surprising thing to me as well. IC was definitely taking away the pass by dropping guys back, but I was stunned at how just...off...Boyes looked.

His second pick in particular