WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronk

The Lady Royals may have some championship help this weekend in Salem from 2 starters on the men's 1976 national champions. Phil Johnson has been at the regional and sectional games the past 2 weekends. Jack Maher, probably the Final 4 MVP, is a dept head in the business school of nearby VA Tech.

NEPAFAN

I won't be in attendance but will be paying close attention. Is there a third place game?
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Not any more, but there is an all-star game that Bridgette was selected for if the team isn't in the championship game.

Rofrog

Definetly want to check out the locals any idea where to get some good grub and a nice cocktail from the locals in Salem,Va ?

ronk

The "locals" will be in Fort Wayne now; suggest u ask them on the men's 2019 NCAA msg board.

Tim the Enchanter

I was in the Roanoke area a couple years ago and ate at a place called Mac & Bob's: https://www.macandbobs.com/

It's a pretty good bar and grill.

gordonmann

That's a favorite of the men's basketball crowd, yes.

It's the first place that came to mind for me, too.

Rofrog

Thanks ,will have yo try it!!!

NEPAFAN

so whats the line for tomorrow night? Do the ladies have a punchers chance?
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Yes, at least a jabber's chance; playing good defense is more reliable than good offense. Whether they can do it against the POY might be another story. I think we're at least as good as Trine and Wash U, the former leading TM at halftime and the latter after 3 quarters. Of course, they both lost by double figures.

saratoga

What a fantastic run by the Lady Royals.

Congratulations to Trevor & his staff & all the ladies that made this magical season happen.

All the best to Bridget, our only Senior, in medical school.

What a great nucleus coming back & add in some additional quality freshman & let's make this experience happen again.

Such a pleasure getting to meet many of the parents of such great kids.

Nothing to feel bad about, just use this game as a building block & confidence booster for next year.

Great job everyone!

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: saratoga on March 15, 2019, 09:19:03 PM

What a fantastic run by the Lady Royals.

Congratulations to Trevor & his staff & all the ladies that made this magical season happen.

All the best to Bridget, our only Senior, in medical school.

What a great nucleus coming back & add in some additional quality freshman & let's make this experience happen again.

Such a pleasure getting to meet many of the parents of such great kids.

Nothing to feel bad about, just use this game as a building block & confidence booster for next year.

Great job everyone!

I think she's going to Temple's Dental School

ronk

TM was solid throughout the lineup; 5 steals/lay ups too much to overcome in addition to the shot clock violations.
Talked with Madison Temple's dad afterwards. Said to him that Bowdoin's Choate is a very good defender;I'd have her harassing Madison.

Rofrog

My thought on the game was Scranton did a hell of a job on All American Madison Temple to 20 pts and 45% of them points came from the line late.Two things that Hurt  us Schultz and that Techincal foul on Coach that was a 7 point turnaround(that hurt)middle of the fourth. Great atmosphere, truly Salem you guys did a hell of a job with this final four.Scranton is very young and Coach probably has some studs coming in!So thank you Lady Royals for this outstanding run and to the two Seniors you young ladies will truly be missed.

NEPAFAN

Thought we had a chance in the late 3rd quarter. Oh well. Great season and way to represent the Scranton community.

Would be curious how the pre game party was and the overall atmosphere for the weekend was.

Thanks.
Vince Lombardi