MBB: Northwest Conference

Started by The Show, March 06, 2005, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etule

Just to clarify how bad this is- Conti- 2011/12 -Asst-118-Hollins career-126-- Steals Conti 2011/12-67- Hollins 91 career-
Nationally 11/12- conti-52nd Asst- 14th in Steals and 28th asst/TO ratio!

If he got it because they are a playoff team then they need to take a look at how they do this vote! PLU and L/C had the same league record and split on the year!
I do not mean to dis on Hollins he is a good player the people who picked the teams put him in an unjustifiable position! There were at least three kids that should have gotten the nod over him!

Like an earlier poster said Gebbers got no love for his Defense and we wonder why players only want to score. Because that is what get rewarded! Point in fact!

Enough said it was a great year and the playoffs should be fun! ::)

(509)Rat

What I have never understood is how you have more first team guys than you have positions on the court? Especially when you don't have a PG in those 6. If you are going to put 6 guys on the first team, Conti or Gebbers has to make that list. Some conferences will do it in football as well, I've never understood it.

On a different note, nothing about Shelton this year screamed 1st-team. He's a pre-season 1st team type of guy, but not one once 2011-2012 actually played out. While I would disagree with Hollins, it's not the worst selection I've ever seen.

playball

Quote from: (509)Rat on February 21, 2012, 07:22:57 PM
What I have never understood is how you have more first team guys than you have positions on the court? Especially when you don't have a PG in those 6. If you are going to put 6 guys on the first team, Conti or Gebbers has to make that list. Some conferences will do it in football as well, I've never understood it.

On a different note, nothing about Shelton this year screamed 1st-team. He's a pre-season 1st team type of guy, but not one once 2011-2012 actually played out. While I would disagree with Hollins, it's not the worst selection I've ever seen.

Since you bring it up Rat, who was the worst? haha

etule

Jobe over Mounts doesn't fly either! I can live with Shelton! Even though I agree that this was not his best year! Jobe over Mounts is as bad as the Hollins pick!

A Buc Forever

Interesting how the coaches perceive the players vs how we perceive them. They probably rate players on how much they worry about stopping them vs how well they perform.

(509)Rat

Quote from: Keandre on February 21, 2012, 12:08:52 AM
I agree Rat, but, if the loggers can win, what can they do to beat WW in Spokane?

That's the million $ question. I guess they'd have to get Felix in foul trouble, have Gittens go off for 20-25, and hit 40% of their 3 pt attempts. Basically, they need to play their best game of the season and hope Whitworth is tired, flat, etc. But it's definitely not out of the question. UPS should be all kinds of fired up to play that game if they can get past Whitman...

etule

Quote from: A Buc Forever on February 22, 2012, 12:49:26 AM
Interesting how the coaches perceive the players vs how we perceive them. They probably rate players on how much they worry about stopping them vs how well they perform.
Nobody stopped Gebbers or Conti this year! Conti's line this last weekend- 30 pts 19 asst 13 steals 2 turnovers. And they have Hollins above him for Player of the week! Obviously Asst and steals don't impress the NWC coaches! As you kidding me! Guess they had to justify their choice! LOL

playball

Whitman over UPS  83-72
Who will guard Michaels?

WW over LC   74-60
WW crowd gets to Hollins as he goes 3-15 for 8 pts

WW over Whitman Saturday 79-74
Gebbers hits 5 threes and dishes out 8 assists for the Championship.  Loofburrow ends up with 5 pts, 2 boards

etule

I agree Whitman wins and WW wins Gebbers shuts down Hollins!  PJ is very good but not enough!
WW beats Whitman Make Michaels beat you off the bounce!

A Buc Forever

UPS is playing well right now.  They are at home. Going with UPS.

WW better have their perimeter defense jacked up and not let LC get hot. A few years ago LC had that one player on their team with the tattoo on his shoulder that said "CHIP".  Yes, he had a chip on his shoulder  :D  He almost shot LC to victory over WW by himself. Hollins could do the same. Hope WW doesn't give him a chance.

WW over UPS on Saturday. 

etule

UPS gets out coached tonight!Gebbers will lock up Hollins and he will jack up crazy shots! It will have to be PJ or Holmes or both. They have the ability to do it.  I think WW wins if they play smart and go inside!

playball

Quote from: A Buc Forever on February 23, 2012, 03:28:36 PM
UPS is playing well right now.  They are at home. Going with UPS.

WW better have their perimeter defense jacked up and not let LC get hot. A few years ago LC had that one player on their team with the tattoo on his shoulder that said "CHIP".  Yes, he had a chip on his shoulder  :D  He almost shot LC to victory over WW by himself. Hollins could do the same. Hope WW doesn't give him a chance.

WW over UPS on Saturday.

David Bergren is the guy you are talking about.  He had a few prison looking tats!  Got huge after his soph. season.  Hopefully PJ can get hot and make it closer than I predicted after he kind of had a step back year.  Hoping for a good one.
Pretty sure WW rolls them though.

Is there a live feed?

A Buc Forever

The Bucs were solid tonight. Lasisi dominant.  Fun to watch online.  Three minutes left with UPS vs Whitman. Looks like UPS vs WW on Saturday.  Should be a good game. I'll have to miss it.  My daughter's team is playing that night.

Scary thought for the night.  Had Hayford stayed at Whitworth, Parker Kelly, the leading scoring for Gonzaga Prep's State Championship team from last year would have come to Whitworth.  He had 17 tonight for Eastern Washington against Idaho State.