Atlantic Central Football Conference/Independents

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamski

Big time congrads to Ben Martin in making the D3Football.com team of the week.  His 5 runs for 194 yards was something to see!  I know the Menlo announcer was really impressed with what he referred to as his "second gear."  Well done sir.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

Teamski

I am not looking forward to either VUL or CoF games.  They will be torrid affairs and will do Wesley no favors in keeping the players sharp for the end of the season Charlotte game as well as the playoffs.  It is games like these that I thank the stars for the NJAC!!!  I hope Coach Drass can keep the players focused until then......  That said, Wesley has had poor competition in the past and it didn't seem to have a big impact on key games.

-Ski

jknezek

Quote from: Teamski on October 24, 2014, 10:25:49 AM
I am not looking forward to either VUL or CoF games.  They will be torrid affairs and will do Wesley no favors in keeping the players sharp for the end of the season Charlotte game as well as the playoffs.  It is games like these that I thank the stars for the NJAC!!!  I hope Coach Drass can keep the players focused until then......  That said, Wesley has had poor competition in the past and it didn't seem to have a big impact on key games.

-Ski

Best to think of it as a way to get some experience for the younger guys. Or more experience anyway. Probably got some at Menlo as well. The CoF game is going to be really, really bad.

Teamski

Quote from: jknezek on October 24, 2014, 10:38:34 AM
Quote from: Teamski on October 24, 2014, 10:25:49 AM

-Ski

Best to think of it as a way to get some experience for the younger guys. Or more experience anyway. Probably got some at Menlo as well. The CoF game is going to be really, really bad.

Yeah, that is a positive spin.....good point.

-Ski

jknezek

I looked at CoF's schedule. They didn't score in any of the first 3 games against real college programs. The did beat UNC 35-10, which seems really impressive until your common sense sets in and you realize it was UNC's club football team. I wasn't able to get any info about the NGSA game, but you can probably get a feel for NGSA by asking a Methodist guy. Apparently NGSA played Methodists' JV team earlier in the fall and then were beaten by Point University 48-0. Then CoF went right back to getting stoned by Clarke-Atlanta. Finally, no info that I found on the OC Tech game.

Suffice to say, CoF isn't a good team. That won't be a game. It should just be a glorified scrimmage with a mercy rule...

Teamski

Quote from: jknezek on October 24, 2014, 02:38:35 PM
I looked at CoF's schedule. They didn't score in any of the first 3 games against real college programs. The did beat UNC 35-10, which seems really impressive until your common sense sets in and you realize it was UNC's club football team. I wasn't able to get any info about the NGSA game, but you can probably get a feel for NGSA by asking a Methodist guy. Apparently NGSA played Methodists' JV team earlier in the fall and then were beaten by Point University 48-0. Then CoF went right back to getting stoned by Clarke-Atlanta. Finally, no info that I found on the OC Tech game.

Suffice to say, CoF isn't a good team. That won't be a game. It should just be a glorified scrimmage with a mercy rule...

And it seems that VUL has been playing FCS teams to fund their program; each game the team got absolutely skewered.   It might end up being another Menlo game where Wesley outscores itself in comparison to previous seasons playing the school.  Just ugly.

-Ski

DE Wesley Fan

Best that can be said from today is that we stayed injury free and reserves got solid playing time again. It's really nice to see the starters cheering for those guys and getting excited when they have big plays. Nice facility down here.

Teamski

Quote from: DE Wesley Fan on October 25, 2014, 06:30:43 PM
Best that can be said from today is that we stayed injury free and reserves got solid playing time again. It's really nice to see the starters cheering for those guys and getting excited when they have big plays. Nice facility down here.

Yeah, the municipal stadium they use is pretty nice.  Neat to see Speidel continuing his PAT streak.  Amazing.  It was a silly game and Wesley did indeed outscore itself again with the back-ups.

-Ski

thewaterboy

Not looking forward to next weekend. At least they are staying sharp, not turning the ball over and things like that. Really sucks Wesley can't field more than 5 Division III games, at least those would carry more weight than VUL, Menlo and CoF.

I AM excited for Charlotte though. Looks like they give up a lot of points and score a lot on offense. So that will certainly be an interesting measure to see how Wesley will do in the playoffs. They lost their QB Johnson last week, looks like a knee, but they are waiting on an MRI.

When do the Regional Rankings come out?

Teamski

Cudos to Peyton Rose for making the D3Football.com team of the week!  Well done sir!

-Ski

umhb2001

Quote from: thewaterboy on October 26, 2014, 12:38:49 PM
Not looking forward to next weekend. At least they are staying sharp, not turning the ball over and things like that. Really sucks Wesley can't field more than 5 Division III games, at least those would carry more weight than VUL, Menlo and CoF.

I AM excited for Charlotte though. Looks like they give up a lot of points and score a lot on offense. So that will certainly be an interesting measure to see how Wesley will do in the playoffs. They lost their QB Johnson last week, looks like a knee, but they are waiting on an MRI.

I believe Pat and Keith spoke to this on the ATN podcast. I believe they said that comes out next week. Usually on Wednesday or Thursday.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

thewaterboy

Quote from: umhb2001 on October 28, 2014, 11:20:59 PM

I believe Pat and Keith spoke to this on the ATN podcast. I believe they said that comes out next week. Usually on Wednesday or Thursday.

Thanks! +1 I figured it was either this week or next.

umhb2001

Quote from: thewaterboy on October 28, 2014, 11:50:30 PM
Quote from: umhb2001 on October 28, 2014, 11:20:59 PM

Thanks! +1 I figured it was either this week or next.

No prob!
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

Teamski

Ugh....tomorrow is supposed to be rainy, windy and cold.  Man is the Wesley game going to suck all the way around......    :-\

-Ski

wesleydad

Bad weather, bad game, no son playing in it, no reason to go watch it.  Weather on the east coast has forced me to cancel any plans to go watch any game today.  Thank goodness for the internet and video, I will get to watch as many games as I want to in the comfy confines of home.  If you head out to a game today, dress warm, try to stay dry, and enjoy the game.