MBB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by njachoopsfan, March 16, 2005, 01:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCHoopster

Bette league, better assistant position, better pay (at least 10k), the camps at Montclair are HUGE (check their Twitter for verification)- wouldn't be surprised if the coach can make 15-25k in the summer- people say they have three camps at 250 kids per... that's coin. Also his wife is from there.

NJBALLERZ

Walking into a MONSTER team at MSU.. arguably have the most talent returning in the league ... alongside NJCU... that is all dependent on if Myles Mitchell White will be returning.. heard he might be transferring (d2's) with the departure of Coach Sears leaving..

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Rutgers-Camden took more than six months to "announce" their new men's coach. They actually had the selection made and buttoned up at least a month prior to announcing it - according to sources - but chose to wait. Might have been for financial reasons ...
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

NJBALLERZ

Who is the favorite for the NJAC this year? I've heard NJCU has some major impact transfers coming in! Nothing new there...

My prediction for playoff teams in no order:
NJCU
MSU
Ramapo
Stockton
TCNJ
Rowan

NJBALLERZ

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on September 05, 2019, 09:41:12 PM
Rutgers-Camden took more than six months to "announce" their new men's coach. They actually had the selection made and buttoned up at least a month prior to announcing it - according to sources - but chose to wait. Might have been for financial reasons ...

Rutgers-Camden was WAYYYY over due for a coaching change !

League keeps getting better and better with the new head coaches taking over at some places with great facilities and not that high of academic standards..

Kean and Camden (Montclair a bit)

TheOsprey

Big win for Stockton @ TCNJ.  The Ospreys are learning how to close out games.😁  Happy Thanksgiving!!

TheOsprey

The Ospreys are playing well for a young team.  Sky's the limit this season.  Keep up the good work.👍

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: NJBALLERZ on September 23, 2019, 10:58:11 AM
Who is the favorite for the NJAC this year? I've heard NJCU has some major impact transfers coming in! Nothing new there...

My prediction for playoff teams in no order:
NJCU
MSU
Ramapo
Stockton
TCNJ
Rowan

Dave, see what I mean. On many boards, there is a person or two who shows his "transfer disdain" :)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

And again ... who cares? Welcome to a whole new world of college athletics. :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

nyhoopstalk

I took in the NJCU-Yeshiva game last night and came away impressed NJCU's All-American Sam Toney's scoring ability. His ability to carve space inside, shoot in the midrange and show NBA range at his size is a tough matchup for anyone in Division 3. Yeshiva showed why they are the class of the Atlantic Region but I believe NJCU has the potential to be a tough out in the NJAC and NCAA tourneys provided they get there.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: nyhoopstalk on December 18, 2019, 07:05:12 AM
I took in the NJCU-Yeshiva game last night and came away impressed NJCU's All-American Sam Toney's scoring ability. His ability to carve space inside, shoot in the midrange and show NBA range at his size is a tough matchup for anyone in Division 3. Yeshiva showed why they are the class of the Atlantic Region but I believe NJCU has the potential to be a tough out in the NJAC and NCAA tourneys provided they get there.

Well ... they have proven not to be a tough out the last few years with Toney at the helm. He is a great player, but when the spotlight gets brighter, the team hasn't been able to rise to the occasion. They have been dropped in the first round of the NCAA tournament to teams they should dominate (on paper) each of the last two trips with Toney.

I like Toney, but there HAS to be another option. Several other options. NJCU has NOT played to their potential for several years now. They are going to need to win the AQ to get into the tournament at this point (based just on the fact they probably will lose a few games in conference as well) and right now I don't think this team is capable of doing that.

TheOsprey

The Ospreys are either improving as a young team or the NJAC (imo both) is struggling this season.  Either way or both, I very happy with Stockton's season thus far.

NJCU and MSU have been struggling and SU needs to take advantage over the next week. Rutgers-Newark suffocated MSU this evening (58-29)!! ??? :o

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: TheOsprey on January 08, 2020, 11:20:07 PM
The Ospreys are either improving as a young team or the NJAC (imo both) is struggling this season.  Either way or both, I very happy with Stockton's season thus far.

NJCU and MSU have been struggling and SU needs to take advantage over the next week. Rutgers-Newark suffocated MSU this evening (58-29)!! ??? :o

I think it is a mixture of both. The top of the conference is absolutely down (NJCU is struggling, Ramapo is re-tooling/re-building, and others haven't been able to rise to the top themselves)... but Stockton is clearly improved as well.

TheOsprey

Big win for Stockton this week on the road @ Rutgers-Newark. The Scarlet Raptors have been shutting teams down defensively as of late.  The Ospreys can play some "D" too.

Big home game with MSU tomorrow.   Keep the pressure on and no time for a letdown.   GO OSPREYS!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: TheOsprey on January 17, 2020, 01:49:42 PM
Big win for Stockton this week on the road @ Rutgers-Newark. The Scarlet Raptors have been shutting teams down defensively as of late.  The Ospreys can play some "D" too.

Big home game with MSU tomorrow.   Keep the pressure on and no time for a letdown.   GO OSPREYS!!

If they beat Montclair, they're two games up on everyone, that's important.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere