FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swish3

Quote from: bman on October 18, 2017, 11:01:16 PM
Quote from: jknezek on October 18, 2017, 10:51:00 PM
Quote from: bman on October 18, 2017, 10:04:44 PM
Quote from: jknezek on October 18, 2017, 02:22:49 PM
Ah. Yet another brief moment of levity. Always brings back memories of Ali Marpet.
+k. Greatest.outing.ever.

Yes. But I give him credit for getting the last laugh on all of us with his NFL career.
No Ill will...I certainly root for him, and watch him when TB is on network TV.  It was just how he did it that was funny.  Most knuckleheads get on and don't really hide who they are and they disappear when they are told to get off the board.  He was literally posing as someone else fishing for compliments...
I'm sure he gets them now in droves though!

I missed out on that...anyone able to dig up his old stuff?

jknezek

Quote from: Swish3 on October 19, 2017, 08:20:01 AM
Ah. Yet another brief moment of levity. Always brings back memories of Ali Marpet.

Yes. But I give him credit for getting the last laugh on all of us with his NFL career.
No Ill will...I certainly root for him, and watch him when TB is on network TV.  It was just how he did it that was funny.  Most knuckleheads get on and don't really hide who they are and they disappear when they are told to get off the board.  He was literally posing as someone else fishing for compliments...

The original posts are long gone as the account that made them was here and gone in a very short time. You'd have to find someone who quoted them. Probably the Liberty League boards circa Sept/Oct 2013 or 2014 maybe?

Swish3

Quote from: jknezek on October 19, 2017, 09:54:41 AM
Quote from: Swish3 on October 19, 2017, 08:20:01 AM

The original posts are long gone as the account that made them was here and gone in a very short time. You'd have to find someone who quoted them. Probably the Liberty League boards circa Sept/Oct 2013 or 2014 maybe?

Nice memory, jknezek...it was late October of 2013 and his handle was "WhittFoot"...funny stuff!

jknezek

Quote from: Swish3 on October 19, 2017, 10:33:25 AM
Nice memory, jknezek...it was late October of 2013 and his handle was "WhittFoot"...funny stuff!

Yeah. That was a great moment. But I still think the even greater thing is he made it. And by any definition of "it" is simply killing "it".

Swish3

Quote from: jknezek on October 19, 2017, 10:41:17 AM
Quote from: Swish3 on October 19, 2017, 10:33:25 AM

Yeah. That was a great moment. But I still think the even greater thing is he made it. And by any definition of "it" is simply killing "it".

Agreed!

onceamink

Wow... terrible targeting call in the HSC-W&L.  Huge loss for Generals.

jknezek

Quote from: onceamink on October 21, 2017, 01:39:05 PM
Wow... terrible targeting call in the HSC-W&L.  Huge loss for Generals.

yeah. For a beat up team that was a hard one to swallow. But if you are going to even think about leading with a shoulder or head, you put yourself at risk. He was definitely going upper body first instead of trying to wrap. Just not a good decision from the ref, but not a great decision from the DB either.

jknezek

This is as awful a half of football as I've ever seen from a H-SC team except for maybe last year's second half. There is something wrong with H-SC when they play W&L right now. Defensively they are unprepared and seem to be afraid of getting hit, and offensively they look terrible.

They are going to need to do something very different in the second half to even look competitive.

onceamink

Only problem is that HSC gets half time to reset.  I don't think the tigers look as bad as the score.  W&L has had two good drives, a busted coverage, and a pick six.  The last two W&L scores are on HSC, the first two you expect with the W&L offense.  Poor use of timeouts by the squids as well.

Generals have only rushed for 219 and will most likely be held under the season average as they will go in score protect mode.  I'm regretting not heading over for the game today.

HSC with the ball first.

jknezek

Quote from: onceamink on October 21, 2017, 02:14:33 PM
Only problem is that HSC gets half time to reset.  I don't think the tigers look as bad as the score.  W&L has had two good drives, a busted coverage, and a pick six.  The last two W&L scores are on HSC, the first two you expect with the W&L offense.  Poor use of timeouts by the squids as well.

Generals have only rushed for 219 and will most likely be held under the season average as they will go in score protect mode.  I'm regretting not heading over for the game today.

HSC with the ball first.

All the things you point out are true. Which is why I didn't say W&L had a great half. They didn't. H-SC looks every bit as bad as the score because they can't do anything correct. Busted coverage? HSC's bad. Pick 6? H-SC's bad. Offense unable to move the ball? H-SC's bad. When they do move the ball they get no points? H-SC's bad. W&L two good drives? Yeah, that's ok for W&L but not great.

As for rushing for 219 in a half, that's almost 450 for the game. We tend to win when we rush for more than 400. Something like 28-3. So 219 in a half is just fine.

No, this is on H-SC. They look awful. W&L is taking enough advantage to make them look worse.

jknezek

And another mental error by H-SC right after scoring allowing a blocked PAT to be run back. This Tiger team just doesn't look like they are ready to play. 4th quarter coming up. 30-6 W&L.

jknezek

Good win for the Generals. The last 3 weeks the defense has played really well. Part 2 of a tough final four games will be at RMC next weekend. The offense will really need to show up for that one as RMC's defense has also picked up steam. W&L still controls their destiny. Win them all and you're in Generals!

hasanova

Final in Greensboro  Guilford 45, Shenandoah 20

BC, E&H, HSC, RMC and W&L, you're welcome.

jknezek

Quote from: hasanova on October 21, 2017, 04:26:32 PM

Nice win for your boys Hasa. Shenandoah got ODAC'd. It's happened to almost all of us. W&L and Shenandoah both still control their destiny, however, HSC and RMC now both need help.

W&L still has the least favorable schedule, going to both RMC and Shenandoah. H-SC hosts Shenandoah but goes to RMC. Shenandoah goes to H-SC but hosts W&L. And RMC has the best schedule, hosting both W&L and H-SC.

Shenandoah is also a game ahead in conference and has Apprentice to go. W&L hosts Bridgewater. RMC has to go to a newly dangerous Guilford. And H-SC travels to E&H. Advantage Shenandoah from those pickings.

Lot of football to go in the ODAC, where things rarely go to anyone's script.

hasanova

Quote from: jknezek on October 21, 2017, 04:34:35 PM
Quote from: hasanova on October 21, 2017, 04:26:32 PM

Nice win for your boys Hasa. Shenandoah got ODAC'd. It's happened to almost all of us. W&L and Shenandoah both still control their destiny, however, HSC and RMC now both need help.

W&L still has the least favorable schedule, going to both RMC and Shenandoah. H-SC hosts Shenandoah but goes to RMC. Shenandoah goes to H-SC but hosts W&L. And RMC has the best schedule, hosting both W&L and H-SC.

Shenandoah is also a game ahead in conference and has Apprentice to go. W&L hosts Bridgewater. RMC has to go to a newly dangerous Guilford. And H-SC travels to E&H. Advantage Shenandoah from those pickings.

Lot of football to go in the ODAC, where things rarely go to anyone's script.
Thanks.  Guilford played well today ... on both sides of the ball.  Bauserman had 56 passing attempts, but was sacked 4 times and picked 4 times ... the first for the opening score.  Bell had 227 yards rushing to go with Miller's respectable 18 of 30 for 250 yards.  A nice win for the Quakers.