FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightstalker

Quote from: AUKaz00 on December 05, 2012, 10:38:15 AM
Quote from: saxontad on December 04, 2012, 09:02:03 PM
Heard some interesting news about young Mr. Schavo today from a professional colleague of mine who happens to be his uncle.  He is leaving Ithaca College and entering AU this January and will be taking part in spring practice in 2013.  So, it looks like the quarterback competition at AU next fall will have a new twist.

I heard similar rumors.  It would be fun to see him in the purple and gold!

Quote from: AUPepBand on December 04, 2012, 08:47:52 PM
Did you say Ridgewood, NJ?

Kaz, Jr. was born at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood just before we moved back to Mayberry.  All this talk of the Dirty JerZ is making me feel homesick.  Maybe I'll go light a tire when I get home tonight...

It is a small world, my Aunt Jean ran the lab at Valley Hospital for years.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

Bombers798891

Quote from: sjfcards on December 04, 2012, 09:54:13 PM
Good news for AU! And that has to be tough news for IC. I know he wasn't playing football but baseball is missing out, and from everything I have heard and seen he will be a big get for AU.

Based on what I've heard, I don't think Scavo was really on IC Baseball's radar, at least initially. It's sort of a strange situation with him. First, the decision to pick Ithaca over the closer-to-home (and better) Alfred program. Then, it seemed like he didn't even want to play football, and was interested in baseball, which of course, now makes Ithaca the obvious call. But now he's back to football and Alfred, which makes me wonder why he didn't go to the Saxons in the first place.

But hey, he's an 18/19 year old kid. I would expect them to be unsure of what they want to do with their lives at times. So I doubt anyone is holding a grudge (Or, I hope they aren't). But it's an odd situation, for sure.

saxontad

Quote from: Bombers798891 on December 05, 2012, 11:53:25 AM
Good news for AU! And that has to be tough news for IC. I know he wasn't playing football but baseball is missing out, and from everything I have heard and seen he will be a big get for AU.

Based on what I've heard, I don't think Scavo was really on IC Baseball's radar, at least initially. It's sort of a strange situation with him. First, the decision to pick Ithaca over the closer-to-home (and better) Alfred program. Then, it seemed like he didn't even want to play football, and was interested in baseball, which of course, now makes Ithaca the obvious call. But now he's back to football and Alfred, which makes me wonder why he didn't go to the Saxons in the first place.

But hey, he's an 18/19 year old kid. I would expect them to be unsure of what they want to do with their lives at times. So I doubt anyone is holding a grudge (Or, I hope they aren't). But it's an odd situation, for sure.

I sure was hoping he would pick Alfred in the first place.  However, I am happy to have him in the second place.  Over the years I've heard that many Hornell kids want to go "away" to college and certainly, AU is hardly "away" from Hornell.  On a related note, Hornell lost this year in the state finals.  Heck of a run though, 51 straight wins 3 straight State titles.  I hope more of them come our way.

On Saxon Warriors!!!

Jonny Utah

Did he play fall baseball at Ithaca?

sjfcards

Quote from: saxontad on December 05, 2012, 01:00:34 PM

I sure was hoping he would pick Alfred in the first place.  However, I am happy to have him in the second place.  Over the years I've heard that many Hornell kids want to go "away" to college and certainly, AU is hardly "away" from Hornell.  On a related note, Hornell lost this year in the state finals.  Heck of a run though, 51 straight wins 3 straight State titles.  I hope more of them come our way.

On Saxon Warriors!!!

Was Fisher ever in the mix for Scavo? If he was picking for Football/Baseball Fisher would seem to make sense, but I am just wondering. Not that it matters, but I am just curious.
GO FISHER!!!

clandfan

Hello All:  A heartwarming story.  Please watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUHToXvxJDk

pg04

Although this board has gone dormant with the end of football season, I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas Tuesday (and Christmas Eve tomorrow). I hope everyone has the opportunity to be with some good friends and family.

It's a year-long present to have these boards and good people to chat with  :)

fisheralum91

Merry Christmas all!

sjfcards

First chance I have had to say happy holidays to everyone. Enjoy what is left of the season!
GO FISHER!!!

AUKaz00

Exciting times in Mayberry for the Kaz00 family.  I invented a card game named Str8 Eight and Pep has leant me the Bandwagon to drive out to Michigan tomorrow to bring it back!  So, if you see a white van with an AUPEPBAND plate driving across northern Ohio or central Michigan tomorrow, give a honk in D3 solidarity.

On Saxon Warriors (and Entrepreneurs)!!!
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

drt

OK, 25 days without a post on the most cerebral board I've been on.
Let's try this on for size.
A reliable source says Anthony Acevedo has resolved his personal issues
and is reinstated on the team.
He reportedly has a cannon arm and is being looked at as
a QB.
I wonder if he can play defense too......

Jonny Utah

Don't know how long it has been out, but the 2013 Ithaca schedule is on the website.  Same as last year I believe.

(Home games in Bold)

Moravian
Union
Buffalo State
Hartwick
Alfred
Utica   
St. John Fisher
Frostburg State   
Salisbury   
Cortland

mattvsmith

Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on February 12, 2013, 01:55:27 PM
Don't know how long it has been out, but the 2013 Ithaca schedule is on the website.  Same as last year I believe.

(Home games in Bold)

Moravian
Union
Buffalo State
Hartwick
Alfred
Utica   
St. John Fisher
Frostburg State   
Salisbury   
Cortland
Three consecutive away games? Is there a by-week to inturrupt that? It seems awfully tough to go on the road three weeks in a row.

rams1102

Quote from: Knightstalker on December 05, 2012, 10:54:12 AM
Quote from: AUKaz00 on December 05, 2012, 10:38:15 AM
Quote from: saxontad on December 04, 2012, 09:02:03 PM
Heard some interesting news about young Mr. Schavo today from a professional colleague of mine who happens to be his uncle.  He is leaving Ithaca College and entering AU this January and will be taking part in spring practice in 2013.  So, it looks like the quarterback competition at AU next fall will have a new twist.

I heard similar rumors.  It would be fun to see him in the purple and gold!

Quote from: AUPepBand on December 04, 2012, 08:47:52 PM
Did you say Ridgewood, NJ?

Kaz, Jr. was born at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood just before we moved back to Mayberry.  All this talk of the Dirty JerZ is making me feel homesick.  Maybe I'll go light a tire when I get home tonight...

It is a small world, my Aunt Jean ran the lab at Valley Hospital for years.

As an Oakland, NJ resident for 35 years, spent more time in Valley Hospital then you can shake a stick at, a Montclair Wacko even though our Coaching decissions makes me wonder, the connection to Mayburry is interesting, AU. Next Monday I will travel to Falconer to start my business trip across NY. McDonalds in Cuba will be a lunch stop.
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Rt Rev J.H. Hobart on February 12, 2013, 08:37:07 PM
Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on February 12, 2013, 01:55:27 PM

(Home games in Bold)

Moravian
Union
Buffalo State
Hartwick
Alfred
Utica   
St. John Fisher
Frostburg State   
Salisbury   
Cortland
Three consecutive away games? Is there a by-week to inturrupt that? It seems awfully tough to go on the road three weeks in a row.

No bye-week inbetween those games.  Yea now that I think of it, Ithaca has seemed to have many seasons where they will have 3 home/away games in a row.  Hartwick is a quick day trip, and I think Union might be too, so it probably won't be too bad.

2013, 2011, 2006, 2002 are all years where Ithaca has had 3 away games in a row.   They have had 3 home games in a row in 2003, 2005, 2007, and 2008.