D 3 softball

Started by oldNorse, April 10, 2009, 06:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahlby

Congrads to Linfield College students, fans and team! Well deserved!

desertcat1

Congrats to the LADY CATS...   Dang weather in okie land i missed  it...  oh well, the roof is still on .. 

Go Cats
" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

wildcat11

Congrats 'Catball!!!!!  51-3 and the Bronze and Gold.  Awesome job Wildcats!

7express

Congrats to Linfield with the 6-2 win over Chris Newport.  Makes Eastern losing the 7-1 lead to CNU a little better, because I don't think they would've beaten Linfield twice anyways.

MacQuiz

Sweet Season.  You are truely "The Champions"
What an epic battle back up the hill to the prize.
Well done all.
See you at home soon!
:)

"THE METTLE'S IN THE MEN!"

criswyly

Great job Cats!.....well deserved for sure.  Something to tell the grandkids about.   So few get to that level.  What a team, what a coach, what a school.  Go Linfield Wildcats!
Don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there!

D O.C.

OK...glass half empty guy wants to know what was going on the night before being shut out 0 - 4.   ;D

hoopstermom

Congrats to Linfield.  Certainly deserving after such a wonderful season.

I'd like to add congratulations to Christopher Newport as well.

They played hard and certainly hung with the best of them.  For an unranked team that didn't win their conference tourney, was not expected to even make it out of their regional tourney (coming in as the #5 seed), they certainly have nothing to be ashamed of.

They ran through 7 straight nationally ranked teams beating  #20 Virginia Wesleyan, #2 Emory and #10 Salisbury (twice) in regionals, then #9 Eastern Conn St., #16 Depauw, #19 Texas-Tyler in the national championships before losing 2 hard fought games to the #1 ranked team in the country.  That has to be one of the toughest routes anyone has faced and overcome in quite some time.

Linfield was expected to win it all and as said above, they certainly earned the championship, especially coming back through the loser's bracket.  But CNU showed a lot of courage and constantly battled back to win in many of their games.  It was fun to watch them and nice to see the underdog achieve such great success for a change.

ECSUalum

Quote from: 7express on May 24, 2011, 03:08:46 PM
Congrats to Linfield with the 6-2 win over Chris Newport.  Makes Eastern losing the 7-1 lead to CNU a little better, because I don't think they would've beaten Linfield twice anyways.

Great job by a superb softball team. Congratulations to Linfield, they were terrific.  Also congrats to CNU, who also has a fantastic squad!!!

criswyly

hooperstermom,
You're right....CNU played Linfield much closer than the scores indicated.  I was bitting my nails til the last out....and their comeback over Easter Connecticut was near miraculous.

vabaseball

Linfield deserved the championship, but I am also going to congratulate the CNU Captains on an outstanding season and excellent performance in the championship tournament. The farthest they have ever gone!

cawcdad

Way to go Cats, an incredible softball team. Enjoyed watching online. CNU will be making more noise in the future. Congrats to the Captains on a nice run.

criswyly

And for all you CNU fans......Having lived in Oregon, Virginia Beach and other Virginia cities....McMinnville, OR also wins the better place to live award as well....no contest:)

vabaseball

Quote from: criswyly on May 25, 2011, 09:33:53 PM
And for all you CNU fans......Having lived in Oregon, Virginia Beach and other Virginia cities....McMinnville, OR also wins the better place to live award as well....no contest:)

I have heard that about some towns in Oregon...  But since I am stuck in Virginia, I am going to appreciate my CNU Captains!  Go Captains!

(By the way, the Virginia countryside is spectacularly beautiful. Ever been to Charlottesville or out to the Shenandoah Valley?)

criswyly

My parents used to live in the Shenandoah.....and I've driven all over both states....sorry no comparison....but as long as you don't know any better that's okay.  You just love your Captains all you want:)

Maine, Alabama, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, Minnesota are the only states I haven't seen.  California, Oregon and Colorado are must see states.