MBB: Midwest Conference

Started by siwash, February 10, 2005, 01:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbpuckfan

I can't see Ripon and Lawrence splitting up ... but I don't picture West Virginia in the Big 12, Missouri in the SEC, Rutgers & Maryland in the B1G, or Utah & Colorado in the PAC 12, so who knows.
St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

gbpuckfan

Illinois College took a 64-63 lead with 7:28 left, but SNC outscored IC 24-10 the rest of the way

Final
Green Knights 87
Blue Boys 74

Ripon beat Lawrence 95-53 (!) to remain three games behind SNC with four to play. They do not face other again.
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Things are heating up in Division III as the first set of Regional Rankings are due out next week.

Sunday night on Hoopsville, we chat with a few teams not only trying to stay atop their conference races, but also hoping they are either in or near the top of the Regional Rankings.

We also take a look at the women's Top 25 poll. What changes might we see this week with not only one of the bigger in-season upsets in recent history, but also a number of other interesting results from the week before. And yes, we will chat about the men's Top 25 as well.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch Sunday's show LIVE starting at 7:00 pm ET in the following ways:
- Main page: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville
- Show page: http://bit.ly/38dt7YD (or www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2019-20/feb9)
- Facebook Live Simulcast: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
- YouTube Simulcast: www.youtube.com/d3hoopsville
- Team1 Sports: www.team1sports.com/Hoopsville/
- Team1 Sports app (Android TV, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Roku) - you will either find it under the "live" section or search for the Hoopsville channel

Sunday's show primarily covers the Atlantic, Central, South, and Northeast Regions. All men's coaches appear in the NABC Coach's Corner. And all guests are featured on the BlueFrame Technology Hoopsville Hotline.

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to hoopsville@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options to the right.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- Nicole Chaszar, Western New England women's coach
- Terry Butterfield, UT-Dallas men's coach
- Gary Grzesk, St. Norbert men's coach
- Gordon Mann, Top 25 Double-Take

Please also consider helping us out. We are accepting donations to the show - which many of you have asked about. We have an initial goal to hit $5,000 by Feb. 16. We are currently at $2,330.20.

To donate, click our PayPal link here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BSRFLPUJQ9MKL&source=url

And thank you for your contributions.

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

We also have the podcast now on Tune-In and others coming. We will update them once we have better abilities to do so.

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

judgetrainer

Ripon has bigger issues. They cut cabinet salaries 12/31 and the admissions budget by 40% in January.

WW

Hadn't heard that about Ripon but wouldn't surprise me at all. Neither would Lawrence, if they were to follow. They face the same travel/cost concerns that drove SNC out of MWC. NACC would then have a nice local competition pod, with Lakeland in the mix.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

gbpuckfan

SNC will host the tourney. Ripon is in. LFC, Monmouth and Grinnell vying for the last two spots.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

gbpuckfan

SNC goes 2-0 on the week and drops from 4 to 6.

Maybe that won't happen in the NACC, he says, only partially tongue in cheek.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: gbpuckfan on February 22, 2020, 09:57:05 AM

After going 2-0 for the week, Eau Claire dropped out.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 22, 2020, 03:05:28 PM
Quote from: gbpuckfan on February 22, 2020, 09:57:05 AM

After going 2-0 for the week, Eau Claire dropped out.

Each week ... the RACs and national committee start from scratch. They don't take the previous rankings and look to readjust ... they wipe the slate clean and start over. And ALL the data is constantly changing and for Week 2 vRRO was added which always shakes things up.

Greek Tragedy

I realize that, Dave. But you would think that going 2-0 could only improve someone's standing, not knock them completely out of the regional rankings.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 23, 2020, 08:02:24 PM
I realize that, Dave. But you would think that going 2-0 could only improve someone's standing, not knock them completely out of the regional rankings.

This rating brought in vRRO that wasn't a part of the first rankings.  Most of the changes come down to those numbers.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

My comment wasn't directed necessarily at you ... I just grabbed the entire conversation to give my response some context.

But as Ryan pointed out and something I repeat constantly heading into the second rankings, the vRRO not being part of the first rankings and being a new data point for the second rankings ALWAYS results in a shake up. So yes, often teams that go 2-0 in the week prior end up not being ranked. It happens in a lot of the regions and happens every year.

And not only does the vRRO enter the equation, but the SOS is constantly changing, team's WL% are adjusting, a team that played a conference foe once now has played them a second time changing the equation, there could be H2Hs that change other team's resumes, and common opponents data is constantly changing.

So no ... I don't side with the adage that a team that goes 2-0 betters their resume because so many other parts of their resume are changing as well and especially in Week 2 where the one part of the resume hasn't even been considered until then in vRRO.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 23, 2020, 08:05:22 PM

This rating brought in vRRO that wasn't a part of the first rankings.  Most of the changes come down to those numbers.

That was probably the biggest difference.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!