Mr.Rights Thoughts

Started by Mr.Right, November 26, 2014, 11:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corazon

Really?  The other guys didn't seem like they had the pedigree to get considered for a job like Williams.

Mr.Right

This guy absolutely enamored the Williams committee on his interview day.

http://www.smumustangs.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/alex_aldaz_845175.html

Remember this is Williams.  When you get a candidate that WOW's you during the interview but does not have the resume to stack up against some candidates that did not even get interviewed you have to wonder why. Well, he is Hispanic, spoke 4 languages, good looking young guy that new his stuff. Supposedly the players liked him because they figured he would continue the futbol style at Williams that they are used to playing. The faculty liked him because he was smooth and intelligent.

Mr.Right

Rumor of the week. Fran O'Leary has resurfaced as a serious candidate at UMASS. I am hoping he gets that job and STAYS there until he retires. In 25 years he has jumped from Elmira, Kenyon, Dartmouth, George Mason, Bowdoin, Toronto FC. I am most likely missing a few but time to settle down.

Corazon

I agree, and hope that Fran O'Leary sticks around a while at his next gig.  When I saw that he resigned from Bowdoin, I figured he'd last a year or two max at TFC.  Turned out it was 6 months.  Unreal how little job security professional soccer coaches have.  Seems it is even worse than other pro sports.

Mr.Right

well he lasted 1.5 years but I agree. It did not help that the GM that hired him and the head coach got fired after season 1 and they were put on a short leash.

Corazon

My bad.  I thought it was only 6 months.  The new TFC GM is very young (early 30s) and inexperiened.  Wonder how long Calichman and the other coaches last. Calichman is a class act, so hopefully a long time.

Mr.Right

Mr.Right got his posts cut from 900 to 100 for no reason. He obviously upset the right wing majority on this site. BTW NCAC New NewEngland has been giving negative karma to us for the past 2 months for those of you that care. Personally, this site is regulated by a darker side of god's will and I have finally have had enough. You will not hear from me again and I wish all my supporters the best of luck in life.

Brother Flounder

Quote from: Mr.Right on January 21, 2015, 04:47:23 AM
Mr.Right got his posts cut from 900 to 100 for no reason. He obviously upset the right wing majority on this site. BTW NCAC New NewEngland has been giving negative karma to us for the past 2 months for those of you that care. Personally, this site is regulated by a darker side of god's will and I have finally have had enough. You will not hear from me again and I wish all my supporters the best of luck in life.

That's too bad.  Yes, I have received negative karma everyday. Same with others, when our posts generally were not offensive.  Too bad, I will miss your insight, and some of your controversy!!!!

Pat Coleman

Ah hah, found his post.

As a journalist living in Minnesota, I'm pretty much the opposite of what you describe. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Nutmeg

Mr. Right... U alive?