Liberty League

Started by Pat Cummings, March 01, 2005, 07:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oline89

I like the first round draw of MIT for Skidmore.  Nice test of LL team vs one of the better teams in NE

Caz Bombers

Quote from: Caz Bombers on February 24, 2019, 05:05:15 PM
Skidmore beat Hobart easily to win the LL title. At least we'll send our best team out there, even if it's our only one.

Still hoping for 3 bids from the women's side, btw. Ithaca auto, RIT should be solid at-large and I'm still thinking Vassar has a chance, even if their own website doesn't. VC's recap of the semifinal loss to RIT had a decided air of finality to it that seemed a tad cynical to me.

Vassar women indeed in. Somebody edit that gamer!!

d3d3d3

Liberty League postseason awards:
https://libertyleagueathletics.com/news/2019/2/25/liberty-league-announces-2018-19-mens-basketball-awards.aspx

Rupkus is just an amazing player (so clutch) and he's apparently an amazing student, too. Impressive. Skidmore just wears everyone out. First it was Medunjanin. Then Rupkus. It'll be Meren for the next two years. And the careers of these great players always overlap. Great job by Burke.

Bartman

Congratulations to all of the All League selections. Great careers from Hobart Seniors Colin Dougherty and Jamal Lucas. Good Luck to Skidmore this weekend .
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Bartman

Good luck to Skidmore ....beat MIT!
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Caz Bombers

welp, time for WBB/spring sports/waiting for football season

stlawus

Skidmore made a run late in the game to get it to 12, but MIT was a force on the offensive boards. 

Will be interesting to see how next year shapes up.  There's a lot firepower graduation this year with Skidmore losing a core group, as does Hobart and SLU. 

Bartman

The LL will lose some special talent to graduation, hopefully the recruiting efforts this year will replenish the talent. Skidmore gave it a go but MIT showed what a ranked team looks like.....message to the LL coaches.....recruit, recruit, recruit
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

With Age Comes Wisdom?

Quote from: Bartman on March 02, 2019, 08:22:08 AM
The LL will lose some special talent to graduation, hopefully the recruiting efforts this year will replenish the talent. Skidmore gave it a go but MIT showed what a ranked team looks like.....message to the LL coaches.....recruit, recruit, recruit
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It can be done..see how former LL Coach Stockwell at former LL school Hamilton has achieved success!!

d3d3d3

Hoopsville/McHugh reporting that Hobart is looking for another coach. Sweeney headed to Conn College ...

CCHoopster

Quote from: d3d3d3 on April 24, 2019, 01:53:52 PM
Hoopsville/McHugh reporting that Hobart is looking for another coach. Sweeney headed to Conn College ...

Anyone think Izzi Metz would consider a return? I think the assistant should get the first interview.

gordonmann

He has done a nice job at Wilkes.

thebear

Quote from: CCHoopster on April 25, 2019, 11:24:47 AM

Anyone think Izzi Metz would consider a return? I think the assistant should get the first interview.

would Leone, [also U of R grad] follow a similar path to Stockwell, and having established bonafides at a SUNY School, move to the private sector, where there are more recruiting assets?
"Just the Facts, Ma'am, Just the Facts"
- Sgt. Joe Friday

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: thebear on April 25, 2019, 07:16:12 PM
Quote from: CCHoopster on April 25, 2019, 11:24:47 AM

would Leone, [also U of R grad] follow a similar path to Stockwell, and having established bonafides at a SUNY School, move to the private sector, where there are more recruiting assets?

Leone could certainly be interested. I haven't talked to him ... but if he wants to challenge himself, I think that's an option. I think it's an option for a lot of schools. That said, I think Hobart has shown that the region has a larger problem with recruiting. Staying in the region and going from a state to a private school could really be a significant challenge ... it might keep some coaches from being interested.

Per the Metz idea, I don't see why he wouldn't be interested, either. I know he has been in the running for a few jobs the last few years. I can't remember if he has turned any of them down .. but he's been in the mix.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Pat Coleman

I don't know how long it takes to vest in the State of New York pension system (and this is an assumption that there is one) but that may also be a factor.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.