FB: New England Small College Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumbercat and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

frank uible

One not unreasonable approach (which might produce the greatest satisfaction) would  be to matriculate at the NESCAC college which fits best academically (provided that one can gain acceptance) and then  uncritically go with the football program that accompanies.

PolarCat

Quote from: ColbyFootball on December 11, 2016, 09:06:49 AM
I'm not sure why things get tense at times on social media, including this site.

Maybe part of the reason is comments like this, directed at someone who played football when he was a NESCAC student and has been a valuable contributor to this board for over six years?

Quote from: ColbyFootball on December 09, 2016, 08:08:24 PM
I'd love to know who died and left you the authority on all things embarrassing.

Our Rector likes to tell a funny story.  He bumped into a parishioner in the grocery store and started chatting.  The woman said something to the extent of "I'm sorry I haven't been to Church recently, but there are so many hypocrites there."  To which the Rector replied, "My child, there's always room for one more."

Enjoy your Sunday.

nescac1

I've read about a few (just a few out of I'm sure several more) players announcing commitments to Williams to play football.  Duxbury QB Bobby Maimaron will be joined by his high school teammate, 6'4 WR David Colucci (not the star receiver on the team, who is headed to Harvard).  Another big target for the young group of Williams QBs will be 6'4 Morristown, NJ TE Justin Burke, who apparently had an offer from Cornell as well.  Peter Tamasi, DB of Belmont Hill, will be playing football and lacrosse for the Ephs. 

amh63

Peter Tamasi....is he connected to former Star LB Tamasi at Amherst..couple years back?

ColbyFootballDad

Quote from: frank uible on December 10, 2016, 10:28:48 AM
One not unreasonable approach (which might produce the greatest satisfaction) would  be to matriculate at the NESCAC college which fits best academically (provided that one can gain acceptance) and then  uncritically go with the football program that accompanies.

Good Point and how my son ended up at Colby.

JoeBag

I must say, I find the banter on this forum quite amusing at times. Where do you guys get all of the free time? I am struggling to keep the $$ rolling in to pay the over inflated NESCAC tuition having just written another check to Trin Trin!

My wife and I attended the Bant's Football Banquet last Sunday. What a first class group of men (both the coaches and players). Devaney and his coaching staff are the reason this program has been so successful. No question about it. I am proud my son has the opportunity to be mentored by these men.

You can be an academic elitist and refer to Trin as "Hartford State" all day long. There is more to an education than what US News tells you where they rank.

If you are a parent of a potential NESCAC recruit and your son is a hard nosed kid who can play football, please consider Trinity College. You will not be disappointed!

amh63

JoeBag...Glad you are doing Well and able to afford today's college costs.  Continue to enjoy the experience of Trinity football.  Speaking of time....I'm retired :).  Have been for sometime, and enjoying along with you the experience of Nescac football.  Believe most of the steady posters here share your feelings wrt CACfootball.  Hope you will continue to share your thoughts here! Happy holidays, even with "empty pockets"...we all been there 8-)

lumbercat

NESCAC.Football.Observer

Quote from: amh63 on December 13, 2016, 12:42:49 PM
Peter Tamasi....is he connected to former Star LB Tamasi at Amherst..couple years back?

First Cousin.

From what I've heard, he's more of a college lax kid vs being a college FB player.

nescac1

Three Herald all-scholastics headed to NESCAC schools:

Bobby Maimaron as previously reported to the Ephs
Jack Barrett, another star QB, headed to Trinity
Mike Pedrini, RB, headed to Tufts. 

With enormous shoes to fill in the TB position for the Jumbos, I imagine Pedrini may get a chance to play early ...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/high_school/2016/12/football_all_scholastics

BantamMom

Quote from: JoeBag on December 13, 2016, 06:22:19 PM

You can be an academic elitist and refer to Trin as "Hartford State" all day long. There is more to an education than what US News tells you where they rank.

I am less amused,  but do smile to myself EVERY single time I see Trinity referred to as Hartford State.  I read it as a not-so-subtle bullying by jealous adults.  (It can't be great recruiting and great coaching - it must be an unfair advantage, right?)   It's the main reason why I keep to myself (mostly) and just skim to get the news.  Some "boys" just never grow up!  Yes gentlemen - all of your boys are waaay smahtah and getting a much better education than any of those mouth breathing Bantams!    Whatever!  If that makes you feel superior we are happy to oblige.

#DevaneyRules  #BantamPride

PolarCat

To set the record straight, I believe there is only ONE poster on this board (though he likes to refer to himself as "we", which may or may not be more evidence of a personality disorder) who uses that Hartford State term.  Please don't tar the rest of us with his brush.

I heard a sad story Saturday.  I'd waited for the kids to come home from college before picking out our Christmas Tree, so we were out Saturday trying to find a decent one.  The kid who tied it to our car related how he'd graduated from BC High, was recruited by Devanney and accepted by Trinity, but didn't get the financial package he needed to attend.  So he is now and playing for J.B. Wells' successor at Endicott.  That kid would have given his eye teeth to play in the Coop, regardless of whether some guy on here thinks it hilarious to call it Hartford State.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all, and may your Festivus Pole be shiny and bright.

IslandTime

Quote from: BantamMom on December 20, 2016, 10:34:59 AM
Quote from: JoeBag on December 13, 2016, 06:22:19 PM

I am less amused,  but do smile to myself EVERY single time I see Trinity referred to as Hartford State.  I read it as a not-so-subtle bullying by jealous adults.  (It can't be great recruiting and great coaching - it must be an unfair advantage, right?)   It's the main reason why I keep to myself (mostly) and just skim to get the news.  Some "boys" just never grow up!  Yes gentlemen - all of your boys are waaay smahtah and getting a much better education than any of those mouth breathing Bantams!    Whatever!  If that makes you feel superior we are happy to oblige.

#DevaneyRules  #BantamPride

Bantam Mom.....NESCAC football is still college football. Fans like talking smack, especially to the teams sitting at the top. Smack is healthy. It is fun. As long as it isn't personal, it is one of the things that makes message boards enjoyable and active.

Embrace it! Enjoy it! The teams that get ignored should be the ones concerned.

Amherst with a healthy Foy will be back in its rightful place at the top in 17.

PBPOP20

Any other info on player commitments now that ED1 is in the books?   

frank uible