New England Soccer Discussion

Started by Jim Matson, June 09, 2006, 12:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blooter442

Endicott - Wentworth is 1-0 in the second half. Diego Slobotsky made a really nice move down the side to beat his man with speed and cut inside, before feeding the ball to Al Khalifa into the middle who finished it. Wentworth is still in this one and is testing the hosts down the flanks. Gulls still a bit stronger overall, and created a really good chance that the Wentworth 'keeper did really well to save.

I'm very impressed with Endicott's speed of play. I've seen them before on occasion, and they aren't necessarily the cleanest side in terms of passing accuracy, off-the-ball movement, etc. but they definitely know how to play quick passes. Gordon is more of a "solid" side that is organized and has the know-how in terms of winning games, but assuming that it makes it to the final Endicott might have the edge - especially being on its turf.

PaulNewman

Bridgewater kid just hit a rocket into far corner for the win in double OT vs Mass Maritime.

Off Pitch

Quote from: Off Pitch on November 02, 2015, 10:08:27 AM
Updated spreadsheet rankings for games through 11/1:

Actual 11/4 "Real" ranking
1.   Brandeis          AQ              1
2.   Amherst         Pool C           2
3.   Middlebury                          4
4.   MIT                                   3
5.   Tufts                                   5
6.   ECSU                                  9
7.   Conn                                  8
8.   Bowdoin                             7
9.   Mass-Boston                       6
10. Wentworth                        12
11. Endicott                             11
12. Gordon                              10
13. Wheaton
14. Williams
15. Babson
16. Bridgewater St.
17. Wesleyan
18. Western NE
19. Bates
20. Plymouth St.

blooter442

Methinks Brandeis, Amherst, and MIT are your three hosting sites for Rounds 1&2.

ECSUalum

ECSU is defeated by RIC 1-0.  Eastern has just looked very poor over the last 4 or so games and has proven they are not a top tier team over this time span.  Making the match even more frustrating to watch, was another inexperienced person running the camera, ridiculous!!!!!  ::)
Eastern has been playing kick ball for the last 4-5 games and has not even tried to maintain any kind of possession.  DeVito needs get his players to develop a more technical game, (or get players who can), otherwise will never get any farther than a first round loss in the LEC tournament.  Credit goes to RIC who out hustled Eastern on every ball and kept most of the possession!  RIC probably should have won the last time they played Eastern a couple of weeks ago!  This game just confirmed which team was better.  UMass Boston vs RIC should make an excellent LEC final.
Better luck next year for the Warriors.... now on to Basketball!!!!

blooter442

Quote from: ECSUalum on November 04, 2015, 04:07:59 PM
UMass Boston vs RIC should make an excellent LEC final.

That will be a spectacle. RIC is quietly 8-2 in its last 10, and UMass-Boston doesn't look the same team that it was a month ago. Finely poised.

I like that spirit. ;D

NEsoccerfan

I think i may have found an error in the regional rankings spreadsheet. It lists Brandeis' RVR at 5-2-1, but by my count they are 3-2-1.

I hope that the error is just in the spreadsheet and not one that resulted in the Judges leaping past Amherst (even though I am a former deis player and alum ;) I want them to have that number 1 spot fairly). Either way, I'm not reporting it to the committee. :)

blooter442

Quote from: NEsoccerfan on November 04, 2015, 05:23:02 PM
I think i may have found an error in the regional rankings spreadsheet. It lists Brandeis' RVR at 5-2-1, but by my count they are 3-2-1.

I hope that the error is just in the spreadsheet and not one that resulted in the Judges leaping past Amherst (even though I am a former deis player and alum ;) I want them to have that number 1 spot fairly). Either way, I'm not reporting it to the committee. :)

I think last week they were 5-2-1 RvR, but Emory and Case dropped out. Either way, welcome fellow 'Deis alum! ;)

Mr.Right

Quote from: blooter442 on November 04, 2015, 04:13:05 PM

That will be a spectacle. RIC is quietly 8-2 in its last 10, and UMass-Boston doesn't look the same team that it was a month ago. Finely poised.

I like that spirit. ;D

This game will be as chippy as they come. We all know how UMASS Boston can get but for those who have not seen RIC they will match the intensity. Good luck to the unlucky bastard reffing that one

Brother Flounder

Quote from: Mr.Right on November 04, 2015, 08:28:31 PM
Quote from: blooter442 on November 04, 2015, 04:13:05 PM

I like that spirit. ;D

This game will be as chippy as they come. We all know how UMASS Boston can get but for those who have not seen RIC they will match the intensity. Good luck to the unlucky bastard reffing that one

;) ;) ;)

blooter442

WPI drops a close one to Springfield, 2-1. After losing to Amherst in 2OT, WPI went 3-5-1. I can only imagine how their season might have turned out had they held out another four minutes...would have been huge for their confidence. Another team that I'm bummed didn't do better, as they've been consistent for a while and I was looking forward to them making a run at the NEWMAC crown. Oh well.

Mr.Right

Yeah what happened there? Must have been injuries..I thought they looked excellent on their carpet against Amherst that night about a month ago.

Are the Newmac games same time as Nescac this wknd? 11am and 1:30 are usually Nescac but some years Newmac has done 12pm and 2:30pm. I would like to catch a couple halves of the Newmac as I got a hunch someone other than MIT wins it.

blooter442

Quote from: Mr.Right on November 04, 2015, 09:05:34 PM
Yeah what happened there? Must have been injuries..I thought they looked excellent on their carpet against Amherst that night about a month ago.

Are the Newmac games same time as Nescac this wknd? 11am and 1:30 are usually Nescac but some years Newmac has done 12pm and 2:30pm. I would like to catch a couple halves of the Newmac as I got a hunch someone other than MIT wins it.

Don't know. The losses at Wentworth and Springfield did them in, but the final nail in the Coffin was losing at home against Babson. You could say they had about the same hard luck as Williams and Wesleyan did this year - just seemed like nothing went their way, and every mistake ended up being a crucial one.

First NEWMAC game kicks off at 10:30, MIT vs. Springfield. Babson and Wheaton go at 1:30.

PaulNewman

Agree that very strong possibility MIT will not win NEWMAC just as I thought TMC would not win their tourney.

blooter442

Quote from: NCAC New England on November 04, 2015, 09:23:04 PM
Agree that very strong possibility MIT will not win NEWMAC just as I thought TMC would not win their tourney.

Who would you say otherwise? I'd say best bet to knock them off would be Springfield. Can't see Wheaton or Babson doing it on this year's form, although neither would be an easy opponent in the finals.