FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jknezek

Quote from: abnrgr on April 08, 2013, 08:35:51 AM
HSC needs to be beaten down by somebody

HSC went 6-4 last year, 4-3 in conference. Catholic beat them by 13, RMC by 10 at HSC. I think HSC learned a bit of humility if that was needed. It was their worst year, by far, since 2006, the only other year in the last decade they didn't win at least 8 games. I expect HSC will be tougher to beat this year with such a recent bitter taste. If you wanted to get a beating in, last year was probably your year....

tigerfanalso

Tigers were beaten down last year with losses to Huntingdon, CU, W&L & RMC.
I think it will be awhile before they drop that many games in a season.
Kind of a off the wall comment based on horrible season experienced by the Tigers in 2012 !!!

HSCTiger74

I don't think the comment itself was all that "off the wall" ... after all, we probably all have a team we actively root against as opposed to just supporting our own favorite. What I thought was odd is that it sort of came out of the blue, with no real frame of reference. As far as I can tell the last posts that showed support for HSC were from tfa in mid-March, and they seemed pretty mild.
  Maybe abnrgr was just trying to keep everyone interested and active during our slow season.   ;)
TANSTAAFL

hasanova

hasanova

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on April 08, 2013, 04:29:26 PM
  I don't think the comment itself was all that "off the wall" ... after all, we probably all have a team we actively root against as opposed to just supporting our own favorite. What I thought was odd is that it sort of came out of the blue, with no real frame of reference. As far as I can tell the last posts that showed support for HSC were from tfa in mid-March, and they seemed pretty mild.
  Maybe abnrgr was just trying to keep everyone interested and active during our slow season.   ;)
abnrgr is bringing his distinct military outlook to the converstation ... and yes, he has been known to pull the pin on a grenade and throw it over the verbal wall just to see what happens.  :)

tigerfanalso

I like an aggressive, confident man and one that doesn't mind letting you know how he feels. The military needs people just like that. I appreciate and respect his service to our country, his feelings toward the Tigers can be overlooked !!!!

hasanova

Quote from: tigerfanalso on April 09, 2013, 11:07:38 AM
I like an aggressive, confident man and one that doesn't mind letting you know how he feels. The military needs people just like that. I appreciate and respect his service to our country, his feelings toward the Tigers can be overlooked !!!!
He's a football fan first, but his son did play for the Quakers about 10 years ago ... and I don't think we've been on the winning side versus the Tigers since 1999 or so.  :)

tigerfanalso

maybe we can extend that another 13 or so years !!!!!

hasanova

Quote from: tigerfanalso on April 09, 2013, 01:15:12 PM
maybe we can extend that another 13 or so years !!!!!
Nightmare revisited.  lol  I hope not!

hasanova

tigerfanalso

hasa

you need to stop showing off !!!! I believe GC is the only ODAC school that is posting recruiting info. I like it and I think it helps the program.

hasanova

Quote from: tigerfanalso on April 18, 2013, 10:50:04 AM
hasa

you need to stop showing off !!!! I believe GC is the only ODAC school that is posting recruiting info. I like it and I think it helps the program.
Lol  tfa, I'm sure other coaches also have info, but may choose to wait.  I personally like Rusiewicz's philosophy.  The Guilford fan base likes to know what's going on and I think it adds emphasis to a kid's commitment when the college issues a press release with his name.  I feel good about where GCQ football is headed.

duck

i don't believe it s Rusiewicz's philosophy Quackers have been dribbleing out there 5'10" 180 lb recruit lists for many years

hasanova

Quote from: duck on April 20, 2013, 11:50:10 AM
i (sic) don't believe it s (sic) Rusiewicz's philosophy Quackers (sic) have been dribbleing (sic) out there (sic) 5'10" 180 lb recruit lists for many years
That's probably true, duck.  Fortunately, the English majors on the team write the press releases. 

tigerfanalso

Hasa

Any late breaking GC recruiting news ? I still have not heard a word from HSC on this front other than what my son tells me and that's not much !!!