BB: Regionals (West) 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Started by DIIIBASEBALLFAN, April 30, 2008, 11:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DIIIBASEBALLFAN

Here is the link for the hosting site

http://athletics.mcm.edu/Sports/baseball/2008/08baseballregional.asp

What day will it be announced which teams and how many teams will be there ?

Any details on booking hotels/flights ?

Jim Dixon

Teams announced May 11.  D3baseball .com will be up late to post the match-ups as soon as possible. 

baseballroxmysox

Quote from: Jim Dixon on April 30, 2008, 03:46:23 PM
Teams announced May 11.  D3baseball .com will be up late to post the match-ups as soon as possible. 

Don't the Western Regional's start on Wednesday May 14?  That sure doesn't give the fans much time to make travel arrangements.  Jim, Ralph, or anyone - aren't the last games in the West being played this weekend?  It sure would be nice if they would make the announcement sooner :)

But there are rules to follow --- oh well - I guess it could be a nice Mothers Day present for all the players Mom's.... we aren't going to Disneyland – we're going to the Western Regional Playoffs!!.

HALLEBASEBALL

The Regionals sound like a first class act Judgeing by there web site and how involved there A.D. has been.  I wish I could be there,  next year.  Any broadcast imformation?

DIIIBASEBALLFAN

West Regional

Can anyone guess now who may be in this regional

POOL A TEAMS
ASC: McMurry
NWC: Linfield 
SCIAC: La Verne

POOL B TEAM
Chapman

POOL C TEAMS

Jack Parkman

DIIIFAN-  I believe you forgot Trinity from the SCAC.  They will make it 5 teams already in, assuming Chapman is in ;) and that leaves 2 or 3 spots.

Blackcat00

What are the chances of Concordia getting an at large bids, 2 of 3 from Trinity, 2 wins against Div 1 HBU  which I beleive doesnt count. ANd 3 wins over nationally ranked UTT. ANd a 30 win season.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Blackcat00 on May 05, 2008, 02:12:50 AM
What are the chances of Concordia getting an at large bids, 2 of 3 from Trinity, 2 wins against Div 1 HBU  which I believe doesn't count. And 3 wins over nationally ranked UTT. ANd a 30 win season.
Let's look at the Regional Rankings that come out on Thrusday.

Criteria that are used by the Committee include:

Regional games only

Regional won loss
Results versus regionally-ranked opponents.  Right now, that is only UTT.  (Trinity and McMurry were not in last week's regional rankings.)
OWP and OOWP (Opponent's Winning Percentage and opponent's opponents' winning percentage)
Other criteria...

FAQ

I have CUA's Regional record at 26-13, .667.  That is right on the edge of the bubble for plenty of teams in Pool C.  CTX was in the Regional rankings last week and eliminated the other Regionally Ranked team.

Let's see this week's Regional Rankings.

ATX

for concordia...when they pick the teams do they see that since tyler was ranked third at this time and ctx was 4th, ctx would jump ahead of tyler after beating them twice, and the 2 team behind ctx in the regional ranking both lost this weekend. Do they do the rankings as the team that is playing hot right now because if so ctx is def playing better than utt. Let me know what you think Ralph

Ralph Turner

I have no idea how close the rankings will be in the West.

Does going 3-0 push McMurry from somewhere off the board into the rankings?

We have four Pool A's who were not on last week's rankings!!!!

TrinityTX, LaVerne, Linfield, and McMurry!

Only Chapman is where it should be!

That tells me balance in the West!  :)

DIIIBASEBALLFAN

Crystal  Ball
6 team Regional

Chapman CA
La Verne CA
Linfield OR
McMurry TX
Tyler TX
Trinity TX

IF 8 teams
Add George Fox, OR and Concordia TX

tiger_fan2000

Quote from: DIIIBASEBALLFAN on May 05, 2008, 10:08:07 PM
Crystal  Ball
6 team Regional

Chapman CA
La Verne CA
Linfield OR
McMurry TX
Tyler TX
Trinity TX

IF 8 teams
Add George Fox, OR and Concordia TX

You have to think it could work that way, but then how bad does it hurt CTX to beat a UTT twice and get left out over them.  They were ranked in region just below UTT, beat them twice, and then get left out.  Where do we see the 8 team regionals being?

The U For Life

I would be willing to bet that Concordia jumps UT Tyler in the rankings.  They are a very hot team right now and they beat UT Tyler twice.  They have played a harder schedule than Tyler and are at 30 wins.  I'll just say I have a gut feeling that Concordia jumps them  ;)

OshDude

If George Fox can jump from unranked to second – ahead of Tyler – after beating No. 3 Linfield, then I think it's likely Concordia is ahead of Tyler after beating No. 3 Tyler.

My question is how far Tyler falls in the rankings.

DIIIBASEBALLFAN

REVISED CRYSTAL BALL

6 TEAMS
Chapman CA
La Verne CA
Linfield OR
Concordia TX
McMurry TX
Trinity TX

IF 8 teams
George Fox OR
Tyler TX