WBB: Little East

Started by Allen M. Karon, March 09, 2004, 03:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh Bowerman

Greetings, USM fans!  Congratulations on your women's team advancing to the Final Four this weekend in Springfield.  I hope that your ladies play well and wish them good luck.

I'll be photographing the game for d3hoops.com, and would encourage you to check out the photo galleries each night after the games.  And, please stop by and say "hi" during the timeouts--it would be nice to make your acquaintance.
"Without struggle, there is no progress."--Frederick Douglass

usmhoops1

Should be a great 2 days of basketball.

We actually got brave and blocked hotel rooms at the Best Western in W. Springfield back in October.  Figured they would jack the rates up and we could always cancel if they did not advance.  Blocked 8 rooms and they are all filled!!!

Let the fun begin!!

Go HUSKIES!!!!

Pat Coleman

Ashley Marble appeared on Hoopsville last night and it turned out to be a great interview. It's worth downloading out of the archives to listen.

http://www.d3hoops.com/audio/06/marble031406.mp3
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Josh Bowerman

Congrats on a great win, Huskies.  Though my loyalties lie with HSU (and I'm disappointed for them), I must congratulate you and wish you good luck against Hope tomorrow.  You have a great team and I'm glad that I got to see you play here in Springfield.
"Without struggle, there is no progress."--Frederick Douglass

usmhoops1

FOLKS!!!  It is here.  Time to talk some hoops.  How will our beloved Huskies fare?  Some new faces.  Tough early schedule.  Games 3 & 4 on the road at Bates and then at Bowdoin.  Win or lose,  great nights of hoops
in the great state of Maine. 

Anyone else  have some info on other  Little East teams? 

usmhoops1

USM fans, anyone awake?  10-1  and getting contributions  from several players.  Barring any more injuries, looks like the NCAA tourney  awaits.

Will there be another rematch between Bowdoin/USM?  The question is where will the regional be played?  I think it is not this regions turn but it will depend on who wins and who can /wants to host.  Lets hear some chatter!!

Pat Coleman

I'm looking forward to getting to see some of this conference this season, now that I live in Connecticut.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

bbald eagle

Quote from: usmhoops1 on January 15, 2007, 03:01:36 PM

Will there be another rematch between Bowdoin/USM?  The question is where will the regional be played? 

;D

d3bballinboston

Red-hot shooting leads PSU Women's Hoop past Newbury

Panthers hit 62 percent for game and 83 percent from three-point range
1/25/07

PLYMOUTH, N.H. – Plymouth State University used red-hot shooting Thursday evening to defeat Newbury College, 75-38, in a non-conference women's basketball game at Foley Gymnasium.

The Panthers connected on 70 percent from the floor in the first half (19-for-27) en route to a 55-18 halftime lead, and finished with a 62.2 percent clip (28-for-45) from the field.  PSU also shot 90 percent from the free throw line (9-for-10), and its 83.3 percent from three-point range (10 of 12) is the fifth-best performance in Division III history since the NCAA began tracking the statistic in 1988.

The outcome stopped a six-game losing streak for the Panthers, who improve to 5-13 overall.  The hard-luck Nighthawks gave a solid effort but fell to 0-14.

With the big lead, Plymouth State was able to use the entire bench.  Freshman Laura Kent (Bellingham, Mass.) led the team with 12 points and nine rebounds, while junior Annie Alosa (Concord, N.H.) was 4-for-4 from the field (3-for-3 from beyond the arc) and finished with 11 points.  Sophomore Kayla Morin (Pascoag, R.I.) contributed 10 points, including a pair of threes, and freshman Kathy Frankowski (Unionville, Conn.) chipped in with a season-high nine points.

Newbury had three players score in double figures.  Senior Jessie Laliberty (Haverhill, Mass.) led all scorers with 13 points, while freshman Rashawna Wynn (Baltimore, Md.) added 11 points and senior Taraja Laws (Easton, Pa.) contributed a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds.

Plymouth State returns to Little East Conference action on Saturday with a visit to Rhode Island College (1:00 p.m.)  Newbury will seek its first win Saturday at Saint Joseph's College, Maine (1 p.m.)

atn alum

If you can't make it on Friday or Saturday, please tune in:

We'll have all 3 games, so check us out if you have any trouble getting the USM radio coverage

http://www.d3hoops.com/audio

* Calvin vs Southern Maine
* Emmanuel vs DePauw
* Saturday's sectional final

Coverage on Friday starts at 5:15pm, Saturday at 6:45 ET

Feel free to e-mail the broadcast crew at cgbears2006@aol.com

deiscanton

To Atnwriter and to other fans of Eastern Connecticut:

In a conversation that I had with Emmanuel coach Andy Yosinoff recently, he had some great things to say about Eastern Connecticut.

Among the points he made to me were:

1.)  This year's Warriors team, as a team, may be better than any of the teams that were led by E. Connecticut all-star Allison Coleman.

2.)  If coach Yosinoff had a pick in the LEC pre-season poll, he would pick E. Connecticut to break S. Maine's lock on the Little East this season and to win the Little East title for the first time in at least a long while.

I have checked the scoreboard and the 4 home wins by E. Connecticut by an average of 23 ppg this season are impressive.

Unfortunately, since E. Connecticut plays an exclusive in-region schedule, there is no strong out-of-region team on the schedule to check on the Warriors's national caliber.    The next ranked team that E. Connecticut plays is on January 12, 2008, when S. Maine visits Geissler Gym in conference play.  The rest of the schedule seems to be teams that last year's Fitchburg State team could run the table against.

E. Connecticut seems to have some strong posts and quick and strong guard play.

So the question is:  how good is Eastern Connecticut this season?

atn alum

Wow...good work Deis...

Are me and you the only ones who read this board?

Thanks for the tips.

Balder Eagle

Quote from: deiscanton on November 28, 2007, 09:20:02 AM
The next ranked team that E. Connecticut plays is on January 12, 2008, when S. Maine visits Geissler Gym in conference play.  The rest of the schedule seems to be teams that last year's Fitchburg State team could run the table against.

E. Connecticut seems to have some strong posts and quick and strong guard play.

So the question is:  how good is Eastern Connecticut this season?

Possibly you answered your own question deiscanton as Southern Maine are like the Energizer Bunny -- they just keep going and going :)

Balder Eagle

Eastern Conn. looking awfully mighty at 10-0 with USM (8-1) losing big at at Salem State  74-58 

ecsubball

Way to go Eastern Conn for winning the 2008 LEC Championship  8)