BB: D-3 Players in minor leagues/MLB

Started by Spence, September 11, 2007, 11:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado

I read that Brian Rauh (Chapman) was promoted last weekend by the Washington Nats from high A to AA Harrisburg.

Ron Boerger

Ben Klimesh (Trinity [TX] '12) - after a tough 2014 which saw him demoted from AA to A(Adv), his return to the AA level this season has been much more successful.    In 9 relief appearances (10.2 IP), he's only allowed 2 ER (1.69 ERA) and has 5 saves in 6 save chances.    Opposing batters are hitting a paltry .167 and his WHIP is a team-best 0.75.   

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=621238#/career/R/pitching/2015/ALL

Ron Boerger

And just like that :) Klimesh has been promoted to AAA Louisville (per @wahoosblog, and he is listed on the Bats' website).    I thought he had a one-game AAA call up a couple of years ago, but there's nothing on milb.com to confirm.   

Bishopleftiesdad

With whats going on in Cinci, I am not surprised. I will be very surprised if Cueto, or Leake are still Reds after the trade deadline.

cubs

Former Steven Point Pitcher J.P. Feyereisen has been dominant thus far for the Class A Lake County Captains (Cleveland Indians) of the Midwest League. 

Feyereisen has appeared in 9 games thus far, accumulating a 14/2 K-BB ratio, while giving up just two hits in 9 innings pitched.  Feyereisen has converted six saves in six opportunities.  Opponents are hitting .074 against Feyereisen thus far in the season.

It will be interesting to see if Feyereisen can continue his dominance, and if so, how long it will be before he sees a promotion.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

Bombers798891

Ithaca College's Tim Locastro is hitting .310/.421/.415 in Single A right now, though he still has massive H/R splits and relies too much on the HPB...but maybe there's something there

cubs

Quote from: cubs on May 07, 2015, 05:36:37 PM
Former Steven Point Pitcher J.P. Feyereisen has been dominant thus far for the Class A Lake County Captains (Cleveland Indians) of the Midwest League. 

Feyereisen has appeared in 9 games thus far, accumulating a 14/2 K-BB ratio, while giving up just two hits in 9 innings pitched.  Feyereisen has converted six saves in six opportunities.  Opponents are hitting .074 against Feyereisen thus far in the season.

It will be interesting to see if Feyereisen can continue his dominance, and if so, how long it will be before he sees a promotion.
After sporting a 1.08 ERA, converting 10/11 save chances, and posting a 25/6 K to BB ratio in 16.2 IP, Feyereisen was promoted to the High Class A Lynchburg Hillcats this week.  He has yet to appear in a game with Lynchburg, so it will be interesting to see if he continues in the closer role with his new club.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

Ron Boerger

Ben Klimesh had one early tough outing in AAA (Louisville), giving up 3 ER in 2/3rds of an inning, but since then allowed only 2 ER in his last seven appearances, lowering his ERA to 3.14.   He's 2-0 in mostly middle relief (only one save opportunity, not converted) and holding opposing batters to .250,  but is yielding over a walk an inning, and most of those have come in the last four games.     Hopefully the staff can help get him back on track there.

narch

chris perry is off to another solid start...still at advanced A level in the florida state league, but he's 1-2 with a 2.38 era, 6 saves and 22 K's in 22.2 ip and giving up a .162 baa - walk rate is way up vs. last year (13 in 22.2 ip), which is something he struggled with in the arizona fall league - i suspect a mid-season call up if he continues to pitch this way

Bombers798891

Ithaca's Tim Locastro is tearing up A ball right now....327/.423/.444. And since May 1st, he's hit an almost absurd .370/.469/.526.

narch

chris perry was promoted to AA springfield after going 1-3 with 11 saves in 12 save opps with a 1.97 era, 34 k's in 32 innings and holding opponents to a .146 baa

the jump to AA from advanced A is big...let's see what he can do!

Ron Boerger

Good article on Trinity (TX) grad Ben Klimesh's journey since being cut from his HS team, in the Chicago Tribune, no less:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/ct-ben-klimesh-baseball-comeback-spt-0723-20150722-story.html

He's back at AA Pensacola after some control issues in AAA.

Mr. Ypsi

Jordan Zimmerman (UWSP) has signed with the Tigers, reportedly for 5 years, $110 M.

Pretty good payday for a guy from a public school! :o ;D

As a Tiger fan, I sure hope it works out well.  I worry that his velocity seems on a downward arc, and no particular signs from his stats that he is compensating by becoming 'more crafty'.

Mr. Ypsi

Since he is now a Tiger, I suppose I should get his name right - Jordan Zimmermann.  The Nationals had both a Zimmerman and a Zimmermann, and I mixed up Ryan and Jordan's spellings. :-[

booyakasha

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on December 16, 2015, 10:26:12 PM
Since he is now a Tiger, I suppose I should get his name right - Jordan Zimmermann.  The Nationals had both a Zimmerman and a Zimmermann, and I mixed up Ryan and Jordan's spellings. :-[

Reminds me of my time working youth basketball camps and the camp director would assign me Ryan, Ryan, Ryan, Brian and Brian as my team. You'd yell Brian or Ryan and they'd all look.