FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFB

Glad Redlands was selected. They are deserving to be in the field, but no surprise at all they were sent to Belton, TX. I've already spoken on this subject, so will not beat a dead horse any longer.

olddog

Recap

1) I did not think we would get in and we did, but partially right we got middle finger by the NC$$
2) Nice to see Oxy Bob wrong too, 11 years ago and Oxy was in the mix
3) Pat C, how could you of all people forget the NCAA is all about $$$$...the whole regional process is pretty much a shame, Berry for example
4) Committee did admit they are useless
5) Wish the rules was waived and we were playing Chapman. I don't like Texas BBQ that much
6) LF will have a tough time with Chapman team speed. Good match up, hold LF under 100 yards rushing and win.
7) Second Round, other than Chapman, UR or LF, NCAA wont have to pay for a flight, all other with 500 miles of each other and bus trip, Next year regional rankings mean nothing, it should be change to "Bu$ing Rankings"
8) Looking a for a car when I get to Belton, any idea where I might find one?

California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

DuffMan

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

10Freeway

Any questions about D3 and their ethics should be filed through this man.  My guess is he makes a nice salary to keep the D3 cost down.

Governance
Dan Dutcher
Vice President for Division III
ddutcher@ncaa.org
(317) 917-6942
When the legend becomes fact, print the legend-
  The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

MonroviaCat

Go Cats!

MonroviaCat

Quote from: olddog on November 18, 2019, 11:36:30 AM
Recap

1) I did not think we would get in and we did, but partially right we got middle finger by the NC$$
2) Nice to see Oxy Bob wrong too, 11 years ago and Oxy was in the mix
3) Pat C, how could you of all people forget the NCAA is all about $$$$...the whole regional process is pretty much a shame, Berry for example
4) Committee did admit they are useless
5) Wish the rules was waived and we were playing Chapman. I don't like Texas BBQ that much
6) LF will have a tough time with Chapman team speed. Good match up, hold LF under 100 yards rushing and win.
7) Second Round, other than Chapman, UR or LF, NCAA wont have to pay for a flight, all other with 500 miles of each other and bus trip, Next year regional rankings mean nothing, it should be change to "Bu$ing Rankings"
8) Looking a for a car when I get to Belton, any idea where I might find one?
Not quite right on the flights Old Dog--round 2 will have a flight for the Chapman/Linfield Winner (as you've implied) but regardless of what happens in Texas there will be a flight involved.....(nobody can drive to MHB this year)
Go Cats!

wally_wabash

Dan Dutcher doesn't deserve that.  Total garbage post. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

DBQ1965

Reality is for those who lack imagination 😀

Retired Old Rat

National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

olddog

Quote from: DBQ1965 on November 18, 2019, 12:49:02 PM
Quote from: wally_wabash on November 18, 2019, 11:47:30 AM

Ditto.

Come on, you know UR got screwed (I am not even upset because I expected, my other UR buddies were planning a tailgate party already and I told them on Saturday it will need to be in Belton after WW lost) , you know the end game...why pretend...this is far from a seeded fair tournament it is driven by other factor$, just say it...nothing wrong with the truth, even though we are from CA.

olddog

Quote from: 10Freeway on November 18, 2019, 11:42:59 AM
Any questions about D3 and their ethics should be filed through this man.  My guess is he makes a nice salary to keep the D3 cost down.

Governance
Dan Dutcher
Vice President for Division III
ddutcher@ncaa.org
(317) 917-6942

What country club is he a memeber? NCAA got bigger D1 fish to fry right now in protecting the enterprise then this tournament.

wally_wabash

Quote from: olddog on November 18, 2019, 01:41:01 PM
Quote from: DBQ1965 on November 18, 2019, 12:49:02 PM
Quote from: wally_wabash on November 18, 2019, 11:47:30 AM

Ditto.

Come on, you know UR got screwed (I am not even upset because I expected, my other UR buddies were planning a tailgate party already and I told them on Saturday it will need to be in Belton after WW lost) , you know the end game...why pretend...this is far from a seeded fair tournament it is driven by other factor$, just say it...nothing wrong with the truth, even though we are from CA.

It isn't reasonable to expect everybody to agree- I don't agree.  I think it is reasonable to ask people to make the effort to understand it. 

Using half the amount of time and effort to dig up Dan Dutcher's contact info, 10F could have read and understood the process and the limitations.  Be disappointed, sure, but at least make an effort to understand the constraints and limitations. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Pat Coleman

3) Pat C, how could you of all people forget the NCAA is all about $$$$...the whole regional process is pretty much a shame,

Never once forgotten. But when the NCAA said they set aside money to help break up brackets so conference teams didn't have to play each other in the first round, I took it to mean they would spend the money, not sit on it.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

RFB

Redlands will need to move the pocket and get Nathan Martinez rolling out a bunch to counter UMHB's size and speed advantage. Mason C. Has been inactive the last two weeks, so hopefully he is available because Redlands will need his quickness on screens and counters to help slow down their blitz packages.

First time I can remember that Redlands will have some size on the OL/DL to matchup with what is usually a huge disadvantage for Redlands. They will still be undersized in comparison though. Anyway, the game still needs to be played, so let's see if Redlands can pull the upset.

RFB

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 18, 2019, 02:00:23 PM
3) Pat C, how could you of all people forget the NCAA is all about $$$$...the whole regional process is pretty much a shame,

Never once forgotten. But when the NCAA said they set aside money to help break up brackets so conference teams didn't have to play each other in the first round, I took it to mean they would spend the money, not sit on it.

Nothing that can really be done, Pat. The SCIAC just needs to start winning some games, no matter who they are playing. Redlands will get their shot, that's for sure.