FB: Southern Athletic Association

Started by Ron Boerger, October 25, 2011, 02:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Taff and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

bleedpurple

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 14, 2019, 11:26:14 PM
This is a site that is available to NCAA members, so I'd assume it's OK to share:
https://web1.ncaa.org/TES/exec/miles

Thank you, Pat.

BerryCollegeFan

Important games tomorrow.

Austin @ Berry
Trinity @ Rhodes
Millsaps @ Birmingham Southern
Sewanee @ Hendrix

Berry and Trinity are both 6-1 tied for SAA lead. 
* If both win they are co-champions.  Berry has H2H tiebreaker, gets AQ.
* If Trinity wins & Berry loses. Trinity is champion, gets AQ. 
* If they both lose and BSU wins. 3 way tie for championship. Each with 1 win over other 2. - Not sure who gets AQ

Ralph Turner

SAA Handbook, Football Section. Tie-breaker

To determine the representative to NCAA
postseason competition and the recipient of the conference's automatic bid, the following criteria
will be used as a tie-breaker:
A. Two teams – head-to-head result from conference game played.
B. Three teams – Using the following point system:
● Each team will be awarded two points for each victory against other conference
co-champions.
● Each team is awarded one point for each victory over other conference teams not
sharing the championship.
● In the event that both parts of Section B are applied and two teams are still tied,
the formula will revert back to Section A.
C. If Sections A and B cannot break the tie and there are still three teams tied, then the
team or teams with the fewest losses will be declared as the recipient of the conference's
automatic bid to the NCAAs. If two teams have the equal number of losses, Section A is
applied.
D. If there are still three teams tied with the same number of losses, then the percentage
of each team's opponents' total overall record will be used.
E. The team whose opponents have the higher win/loss percentage will receive the
conference's automatic bid to the NCAAs.
F. If two teams remain throughout any of these tie-breaking procedures. Section A is
applied.

Cedricb313

Week 11 SAA FB Predictions:
MIL 18 BSC 32, ACU 14 BER 43, TRIN 32 RHO 0 & SEW 9 HEN 45
#SAA #d3fb #Colonels

D3Navy

Fun to watch Trinity today.  They were solid everywhere.  A shame if this is the last game as they are carrying a great deal of momentum.  Lavine is a boss.

Cowboy2

Lavine  will be missed by Trinity, but looks loaded with depth on both sides of the ball for the next few years. They would have been fun to watch if they were to have made the playoffs. Having the lead late into the games  at HSU and at home vs Berry, losing by a combined 10 points in single poseesion losses shows how strong of team they were this season. Goodluck Berry and rep the SAA well!

jekelish

I just wanna give a shoutout to Austin College QB Colt Collins, who ended his career today with 190 passing yards and 172 rushing yards at Berry, and basically rewrote the 'Roo record books this season. Leaves as the all time leader in career total offense, career passing yards, single season total offense, and single season passing yards — all records set this year. Nearly 8500 yards of total offense in just over three seasons as the program's starter. He was fun to watch. Not always the most efficient (never got to 50% completions) but somehow managed to put up huge numbers week after week.

Ron Boerger

The projected bracket keeps Berry away from last year's second-round matchup with UMHB; may they be correct.  Good luck, Vikings - here's hoping you make if further this year than last!

HookEmVikes

Quote from: jekelish on November 16, 2019, 09:46:39 PM
I just wanna give a shoutout to Austin College QB Colt Collins, who ended his career today with 190 passing yards and 172 rushing yards at Berry, and basically rewrote the 'Roo record books this season. Leaves as the all time leader in career total offense, career passing yards, single season total offense, and single season passing yards — all records set this year. Nearly 8500 yards of total offense in just over three seasons as the program's starter. He was fun to watch. Not always the most efficient (never got to 50% completions) but somehow managed to put up huge numbers week after week.
I enjoyed watching him play Saturday.

Ron Boerger

Quote from: Ron Boerger on November 17, 2019, 09:09:14 AM
The projected bracket keeps Berry away from last year's second-round matchup with UMHB; may they be correct.  Good luck, Vikings - here's hoping you make if further this year than last!

Never mind.  Huntington-Berry winner gets UMHB (in all likelihood) in second round again.

BerryViking92

Good win for Berry on Saturday.  Quite an impressive run for the Vikings these last fours years.  On to the playoffs.

Also wanted to acknowledge being impressed by Trinity, who had a great season.  Birmingham Southern and Austin were also greatly improved.  Hendrix and Centre are always good.  The conference as a whole seems to be improving.

BerryCollegeFan

Quote from: jekelish on November 16, 2019, 09:46:39 PM

He is an outstanding player.  I thought Berry did a decent job of containing him, but when he got away he was explosive.  I am sure every SAA team would have been better if he was their QB.  Good luck to him on his next steps.

BerryCollegeFan

Quote from: BerryViking92 on November 18, 2019, 07:53:58 AM
Good win for Berry on Saturday.  Quite an impressive run for the Vikings these last fours years.  On to the playoffs.

Also wanted to acknowledge being impressed by Trinity, who had a great season.  Birmingham Southern and Austin were also greatly improved.  Hendrix and Centre are always good.  The conference as a whole seems to be improving.

This Senior class did not lose a home game in 4 years.  Amazing.

HookEmVikes

I continue to be not a fan of the way D3 does their playoffs. Yes, I understand the need to save money in the first round and the 500 mile radius, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I also hate the fact that the best 32 aren't in the field. As a Berry fan, yes, I'm thankful for the AQ due to winning the conference, but there are some very good teams sitting at home that are probably a lot better than teams getting an AQ. I don't have a great answer for it and I know its because there are so many teams in D3 that it would be a 'March Madness' scenario if everybody that deserved to be in was in and that can't happen. I know, until I have a good solution, don't complain......lol.

BerryCollegeFan

Quote from: Ron Boerger on November 17, 2019, 05:39:07 PM
Quote from: Ron Boerger on November 17, 2019, 09:09:14 AM

Never mind.  Huntington-Berry winner gets UMHB (in all likelihood) in second round again.

Very disappointed they couldn't find some other way to match these teams.  SAA continues to get 1st seed matchups in the 2nd round.  Last year 2 SAA teams got 1st seed match-ups after Berry and Centre won first round, they played the eventual championship contenders.  Might have been different if Berry hadn't laid an egg against Birmingham Southern but you never know.

Well now, they just need to win and plan for Belton again.