WBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 14, 2005, 05:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emufan

WOW,

That is awesome for RMC and the ODAC!!! Congrats to the yellow jackets.  

The ODAC winning in the tourney is good for ALL ODAC teams.

Beau Tye

...and good for all the South teams, as well!!!

Congrats to RMC...Beat Millikin!!!

~ASC Fan~

Jim Loesel

WAY TO GO, Randolph-Macon. http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/smile.gif" border=0>

One more to go for a national championship banner.  You can do it!  

(I see no reason to change the profile picture of Yellow Jackets celebrating.)

Mr. Ypsi

Congatulations on a great season for RMC!

Second is disappointing since it means you lost the final game, but it is still one helluvan achievement!  They just ran into a team that either played out of their minds today, or was severely under-ranked!

Note that Millikin's 3 all-tournament players were two juniors and a FRESHMAN; the CCIW MOP this year was a FRESHMAN from Wheaton.  I think the CCIW ladies may finally be catching up with the national status of the men.

How do RMC and the rest of the ODAC look for coming years?  Was this a one-time thing for a magical RMC team, or will the ODAC also begin catching up with the national stature of the men?

Jim Loesel

My congratulations as well to the Yellow Jackets of Randolph-Macon for carrying the ODAC banner all the way to the championship game.  You did us proud.

RMC SID

The support of the ODAC -- fans of women's basketball, coaches and players from other teams, of course R-MC students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and friends -- was unbelievable this weekend and the whole postseason.  From RMC SID, thanks for helping to make it an incredible ride!

Also, many thanks and congrats to Virginia Wesleyan and the NCAA for an incredible event.  It was very well-organized and enjoyable for all, I think.

And to the Yellow Jackets -- as with all of our teams at R-MC, I couldn't ask to be associated with a finer group of student-athletes and coaches.  Special thanks to all of you.

RMC SID

Also congrats to Millikin, a very good team that played a very good game in the DIII championship.

emufan

Congrats to RMC!  No one else in the country can say they made it to the championship game.  The ODAC was well represented.  The ODAC needs to make it a habit to get teams into the Elite Eight in my opinion.

Gordon "Marco Scutaro" Mann

RMC fans did a great job supporting their team this weekend.

And special thanks to John Irby who did a fantastic job taking photos for the school and our site.  All the women's photos on this site from this weekend are his.

The RMC Community is lucky to have him.

Jim Loesel

Huge congratulations to Megan Silva for making the D3hoops FIRST TEAM All-American squad.  See http://www.d3hoops.com/tow/womallam05.htm">AA teams

Huge congratulations also to the entire Randolph-Macon team, which finished the season in SECOND place in the D3hoops poll.  See http://www.d3hoops.com/top25/">final poll

emufan

Eastern Mennonite University women's basketball junior forwards Stephanie Mathews and Amanda Renalds each were named First Team All-State in the college division as announced by the Virginia Sports Information Directors Association on Wednesday.

Junior guard Megan Silva of ODAC champion and national runner-up Randolph-Macon College was a repeat winner of the VaSID State Player of the Year award

emufan

Congrats to everyone!

VaSID College Division All-State Awards

VaSID Player of the Year: Megan Silva, Randolph-Macon
VaSID Coach of the Year: Carroll LaHaye, Randolph-Macon

First Team All-State
Megan Silva, Randolph-Macon
Tara Toland, Ferrum
Candace Bryant, Christopher Newport
Amanda Renalds, Eastern Mennonite
Stephanie Mathews, Eastern Mennonite

Second Team All-State
Salem Shaffer, Randolph-Macon
Michelle Orton, Randolph-Macon
Randi Jones, Marymount
Brandi Cochran, Hollins
Netagia Foreman, Shenandoah

Honorable Mention All-State
Katrina Scruggs, Mary Baldwin
Jessica Hunsinger, Washington & Lee
Caroline Wesley, Lynchburg
Katy Herr, Bridgewater
Jennifer Prewitt, Randolph-Macon Women's College

Jim Loesel

Very nice representation by the ODAC.  Congratulations ladies.

emufan

Is anyone else surprised to see the Lynchburg coach resign?

I know my ABCs and 123s!

emufan,
Not surprised at all. I always liked Richie, but from the teams marginal success or lack of during his tenure (most especially this past season) and with his antics during games (I could list more reasons, but I'll stop here), I had a feeling that he would have been fired if he didn't resign.