FB: American Rivers Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Words or Less

HansenRatings

At least it's not AS blatant of a rip-off.
Follow me on Twitter. I post fun graphs sometimes. @LogHanRatings

doolittledog

Just how much did UCENN pay that consulting firm for this unique look?
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

5 Words or Less

"The identity was selected by a project team led by president Mark Putnam and including athletics director Eric Van Kley. Designs were tested with focus groups of coaches, staff and student-athletes." ... other logos purportedly considered (wink) ...

C(entr)AL

CENTRANNATI

NOPE, NOT US
http://news.cornellcollege.edu/2014/08/rams-get-redesigned-logo/?_ga=2.126432773.945020249.1501029797-1996249621.1501029797

D3Dutchman

Press release says football helmet decal will remain the old C we know and love.  Bullet dodged as far as I'm concerned.

Fannosaurus Rex

I will care just a little less what they put on the helmets if they get the right heads inside the helmets.
"It ain't what ya do, it's the way how ya do it.  It ain't what ya eat, it's the way how ya chew it."  Little Richard

doolittledog

Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

5 Words or Less

IIAC's non-con S.O.S. appears exceptional

• Mayville State University
  • Bethel University
  • Whitworth (Wash.)
  • Elmhurst
  • Concordia College (Minn.)
  • University of Wisconsin-Stout
  • UW-La Crosse
  • University of Wisconsin-River Falls
  • Illinois Wesleyan University
  • Aurora
  • Augustana (Ill.)
  • Illinios College
  • St. Olaf
  • Pacific University (Oregon)
  • Monmouth College
  • Cornell College

HansenRatings

Quote from: 5 Words or Less on August 01, 2017, 02:23:40 AM
IIAC's non-con S.O.S. appears exceptional

It is! I just checked it against my ratings, and the IIAC has the 5th-most difficult non-conference slate of any conference (considering only DIII opponents).

#1 ASC (3 DIII opponents, 7 non-DIII)
#2 MAC (10 DIII opponents, 0 non-DIII)
#3(T) WIAC (20 DIII opponents, 4 non-DIII)
#3(T) NJAC (9 DIII opponents, 1 non-DIII)
#5 IIAC (17 DIII opponents, 1 non-DIII)

Methinks maybe I'll write a quick little blog post about this. Thanks for the inspiration 5WoL.

If you're wondering who the 3 DIII opponents are for the ASC:
UMHB vs. Linfield
TLU vs. Hendrix
S'Western vs. Denison

5 Words or Less

doolittledog

Quote from: 5 Words or Less on August 02, 2017, 01:50:38 PM
Post a link when published  :)

It's a month before the season kicks off.  Mr. Hansen should be posting every day now!  No more coaching duties to take up his time.  Of course, the future wife might have some say in how he spends his time ;)

doolittledog

HansenRatings

Quote from: doolittledog on August 02, 2017, 06:24:46 PM
Quote from: 5 Words or Less on August 02, 2017, 01:50:38 PM
Post a link when published  :)

It's a month before the season kicks off.  Mr. Hansen should be posting every day now!  No more coaching duties to take up his time.  Of course, the future wife might have some say in how he spends his time ;)

It's much more due to work commitments than the fiance right now. Company's expanding our workload, without expanding our workforce.

Phred

Thanks to the few of you who keep this site alive.  I hope we might recruit more contributors once the FB season is closer .  We previously had an energetic fan-orientated dialog going.  Cen, warts, debut Loras, Simpson , etc.  where is Neb W?

So.....what's are the number of new recruits for each team?  Iowa demographics are down this year.
What does that mean for IIAC ?

He who laughs last.......thinks slowest

doolittledog

Quote from: Phred on August 08, 2017, 07:39:53 PM
Thanks to the few of you who keep this site alive.  I hope we might recruit more contributors once the FB season is closer .  We previously had an energetic fan-orientated dialog going.  Cen, warts, debut Loras, Simpson , etc.  where is Neb W?

So.....what's are the number of new recruits for each team?  Iowa demographics are down this year.
What does that mean for IIAC ?

Nebraska Wesleyan announced a class of 31.  Everyone from Nebraska and Colorado. 

Not IIAC, but Bethel, a MIAC school with recent success on the national stage announced a class in the 30's as well.  32 I think. 

Makes me wonder if those are typical recruiting numbers for those two schools, or if that is a trend we will see at the majority of IIAC schools this coming year.