FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OxyBob

The beat goes on at CLU. Attention, Kingsmen posters, are these guys anyone you know?

From the Ventura County Star:

Morning Report: 2 men accused of vandalizing CLU auditorium
http://www.vcstar.com/news/2012/jan/27/morning-report-2-men-accused-of-vandalizing-clu

OxyBob

RFB

Gray Fox

Fierce When Roused

RFB

Quote from: Gray Fox on January 27, 2012, 04:21:56 PM
Quote from: RFB on January 27, 2012, 02:36:46 PM
I've never heard of CLU. I do know of CWU though.
California Western University?

They are known as "The Who" and I don't mean the legendary band.

CalCat

Quote from: OxyBob on January 27, 2012, 01:33:18 PM
The beat goes on at CLU. Attention, Kingsmen posters, are these guys anyone you know?

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2012/jan/27/morning-report-2-men-accused-of-vandalizing-clu

OxyBob

Bob I don't know anything about the 2-dudes-accused- of-vandalizing...but the CHP report of slow vehicle blocking the 101..that was Doc.
CalCat

D O.C.

Surf racks not on correctly.
Fixed now.

And it took THAT to bring you out of the woodwork?  8-)

CalCat

Quote from: D O.C. on January 28, 2012, 12:12:11 AM
Surf racks not on correctly.
Fixed now.

And it took THAT to bring you out of the woodwork?  8-)

Doc I am impresssed....I didn't know you could get a surf rack on a '61 Vespa
CalCat

OxyBob

Quote from: CalCat on January 27, 2012, 08:12:38 PM
Bob I don't know anything about the 2-dudes-accused- of-vandalizing

Not to be outdone, Claremont made the news, too...

Claremont McKenna College inflated freshman SAT scores, probe finds
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-sat-20120131,0,4214724.story

You'll never see Cal Lutheran engage in any underhanded grade-inflating behavior like that. "2.5 and proud!"

OxyBob

D O.C.

Somehow I knew who would break this non-football story on here. Just heard it on the Doug McIntyre show myself.

DoubleDomer

Crazy story about CMC. Who on earth risks their career to inflate a cohort's third decile SAT score from 1480 to 1510?  That's nuts--the difference between the thermosphere and the exosphere.  It does, however, offer a little insight into the outrageous pressures of the ratings game in this tier of colleges. In fact, to be honest, it looks a lot like the corner-cutting and ends-justify-the-means behavior that's common in big-time college athletics.  Shameful.

Gray Fox

This is small potatoes when compared with some of the stuff that has gone on in public schools from grade school and high schools.

QuoteAtlanta Journal Constitution:

Thousands of dollars to media consultants. Hundreds of thousands of dollars to lawyers. Millions of dollars to teachers and administrators who do no work and who, in fact, are suspected of doing harm. Taxpayers have already paid about $6 million for the Atlanta Public Schools cheating scandal, and they'll likely pay a lot more.

From earlier this week.
QuoteWith mounting pressure from performance benchmarks on standardized tests, an increasing number of cheating scandals are unfolding across the country as teachers are pushed to extremes to meet state and national standards. The latest incidents fall in Oklahoma.
Test scores for six schools were invalidated for testing irregularities during the 2010-2011 academic year, The Oklahoman reports. The infractions found from erasure analyses and investigations have resulted in at least three resignations and several other punitive or retraining measures. Students will have to retake their exams.
Fierce When Roused

Kingsmen4

Quote from: OxyBob on January 27, 2012, 01:33:18 PM

OxyBob

Funny that you are back around now that OXY's 3 year skid is on hold until August. Hope your 2.5+ GPA standards bring in some players, I like it when you guys were good.

"Karin Grennan, a spokeswoman for the university, said the men are not CLU students".

-GO LU

Kingsmen4

Quote from: RFB on January 27, 2012, 02:36:46 PM
I've never heard of CLU. I do know of CWU though.

Denial is a sign of weakness. like 3 years in a row weakness.

-Go LU

Kingsmen4

Pat,

I hope you will not leave Justin Haulcy-Bateman out of your D-III pre-draft potential pro discussions. This guy has a chance to make an NFL squad, and is the best athlete I (personally) have seen in D3 football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3FoxUzrlxgs

-Go LU

DoubleDomer

Fresh off the press:

Sep. 8  Lewis & Clark
Sep. 15  at Rhodes
Sep. 29  La Verne   
Oct. 6  at Occidental
Oct. 13  Cal Lutheran
Oct. 20  Whittier
Oct. 27  at Redlands
Nov. 3  Chapman (Homecoming)