FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog8

I do think that the IBFC will have a solid record coming out of the non- conference games. I am also confident that Carthage #13 and Whitewater  #21 will go down in defeat. I am that confident. I am confident that Mac will upset Wooster. Look for CUW to have a better percentage than last year and AU should clearly win their first 2 non-conference games BUT Valpo may be trouble. I still will take AU hands down. Should be a great season if I am half correct!!

night_train92

First off I want to say good luck to every IBC team in the non-conference games!!!  There is a lot of respect to be won.

Second, I think that Lakeland and Mac can gain a lot of respect for the conference form the non-conference games that they play.  Both teams play top 25 teams that they can beat.(Lakeland 2 of which are great teams)  Not saying other teams don't

I know last year Valpo kids were assholes to us and I hope that AU can go in there and show them what D3 football is all about.  From seeing a little bit of practice I know coach Duncan has them on the right page

aufb05

night train-

I watched AU scrimmage with Loras last Sat. I have to say I was impressed. What a difference a year makes (if anyone remembers the scrimmage they had with Loras a year ago you know what I'm talking about). The D was the most impressive. There are of new faces on the D that make up for any lose of last years outgoing seniors. One D-line freshmen in particular was outstanding. The O looked alright, Hornung hasn't lost his ability to air it out or scramble when he needs to. 

aufb05

maddog-

AU plays its 2nd non-conference at Alma. I don't expext it to be a walk in the park. It will be a good tune up for Oct. 29th.

aufb05

pat coleman-

just re-viewed "kickoff", what an outstanding job you guys did - it was worth more than i paid for it. the rest of the board needs to give up $8.95 (unless your a student) and see for yourselfs.

maddog8

I agree with AUFB05 give up the 8+ dollars well worth it. Great info on all teams!

Night Train are we on for Dinner when AU comes to Lakeland, are you driving G-man back to campus let me know, thanks.

Alma is close by me and I do believe that AU will beat them they lost alot of key players.  KEY SCOUT REPORT---STOP THEIR RUNNING ATTACK!!!!! you will win

night_train92

I haven't got a chance to talk with Vargas yet.  I haven't seen him around campus.  I will be up there so if he wants to ride up there with me that would be great.  I know a couple of other players are going to ride up there with me as well.

Pat Coleman

Thanks, aufb and maddog. I enjoyed getting to talk to all of the coaches in the league and learn about some schools that I don't know as much about.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

aufb05

Pat Coleman-

Are there any D3 programs effected by Katrina?

Pat Coleman

Millsaps and Mississippi College each delayed their season openers. I don't know much more about how the campuses were affected or anything.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

fsufan

I read a whole lot on this site about some well deserving teams, that is good.  Now how about a few words about another well deserving team that is having a rough time lately. GO CURF!!!!  I am sure the coaching changes will be a positive for the team. I also hope that the coaches that left for other opportunities also find success in their new positions.  Whatever the future brings - ROLL COUGERS :)

aufb05

Predictions-

Lakeland    over   NW(Minn)
AU              over   Cornell
Eureka        over   Rockford
Con (Wisc)  over   Monmouth
Wooster      over   MacMurray
Trinity I       over    Greenville
Elmhurst     over    Benedictine
Loras          over   Con (IL)

aufb05

Maddog-

It was good to see Lake with a W, because it was a long day for the rest of us.

Ok here goes. AU 14 - Cornell 21

AU Offensive player of the game - Travis Paro RB, 124 yds. rushing
AU Defensive player of the game - Kyle Dentino DL, 10 tackles

Honorable Mentions:
Nate Ficham TE, TD
Troy Blazer WR, TD
Randy Moser DL and Kyle Simmons DL 6 tackles each
Nick Paxson FB, 3 traps for 26 yds.
Drew Hornung QB, 2 passing TD

Big_Uns

It was almost a long day for Lakeland and its fans too. Northwestern gave the Muskies a hell of a game till LC blew it open with three 4th quarter TDs. The defense looked a little suspect at times but four D starters sat and a few should be returning next week when they go down to Carthage.

The offense finally got in rhythm in the 4th when the penalties finally ceased. It seemed like every big play got called back. Hopefully they can keep that up next week.

I'll tell you who looked good though: Ryan Van De Loo. I gotta give that guy props even though he started last year, Scharinger was the heart and soul of that defense, but it looks like its still in good hands. Can't go wrong with 10.5 tackles, 4 for loss, and a key fourth down pass deflection. Seemed like whenever the defense needed a big play he stepped up. That's what makes a player.

Nothing wrong with the running game, either with 3 players topping 90 yards.

Looks like Carthage got quite a scare too...14-10 over Carroll (3-7 last year). Carthage scored only one TD in that game and scored the rest of their points on two field goals and a safety. Should be a very interesting game in Kenosha next week. I know I'll be there!

I hope things pick up for the rest of the IBC for the next couple non-conference games. We need to show the nation what we're made of up here.

Ralph Turner

Big Uns, do you know why Marcus Denham did not play for Lakeland?  He was listed on the pre-season roster.

I had him in the Fantasy League...bummer, bummer . :(