FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren Thompson

At risk of raining on someone's parade ... folks need to realize that dominance never lasts forever and, like glory, is often transitory.

Today's DVC "dominance" isn't necessarily tomorrow's. So enjoy it while you can.

PBR...

i have the umbrella out and i more than realize that most things in life are cyclical just look around. I more than know there are lots of people lining up to knock you off the top of the mountain. just asking a clarification on domininance thats all.... 8)

MOJO

DVC Fans,
LVC will be a worthy opponent.  If the Aggies take them lightly, I assure you they are at risk.  I make this statement based on several facts:

1.  DVC is coming off a very emotional game with LYCO.  Can they get up for a game where I'm sure they feel they are a superior team.

2.  LVC although having a losing record, has had a paradigm shift in their thought process, they believe, and rightfully so, they can compete with anybody in the MAC.  I don't think this has been a historic thought process for this program in the past.

3.  LVC got hammered by this team last year.  A victory over this team for LVC, at this point in the season being 1 - 3, would be the equivalent of winning the MAC for many of their players and could pave the way to this team finishing in the top half of the division.

This is going to be a great game.  Go Dutchmen!

Also, best of luck to the Warriors!

MOJO

Fellow MAC Fans,
Looked over some of the other teams in other conferences.  I'm sure that some of the posters can bring more accurate info to the table, but can ANYBODY in the MAC play with Rowan this year.  At least on the scoreboard, it appears they are really kickin some tail.  Saw they came back 21 pts and defeated Robert Morris, a D1AA team.  No small feat for a D3 team.  Also, no disrespect intended, but they hammered DVC in the playoffs last year and when looking at last years MAC teams, DVC was clearly the best team in our league.  Input would be greatly appreciated.

LYCOFB

Hey MOJO Im not really sure what Rowan has to do with the MAC, but anything can happen in any game... Rowan might have beat DVC last year yes, and they might be a far better team of paper then any MAC team, but it does not make them unbeatable... If DVC could get good team chemistry, and play upto their potential they can win any game... I feel there problem sometimes is they play just above the level of there opponents.... which is the reason for some of there games in the past two years being close games with teams who had no where near the talent of DVC..... But as i said before they have the talent, only if they decide to come and play can they beat a team like Rowan...

GO LYCO

maAggie5

MOJO: Rowan looks very tough once again, of course when you're playing with predominantly D-I washouts, it's not too hard to win at the D-III level. Sakim Wright is having a monumental season and will be trouble for the DVC dbs because he's got a height advantage. That said, I think that GA will have this team prepared and having one NCAA appearance will help them. Of course, you first have to get there, and that will be a bumpy road indeed.

I think all the talk about "great teams", "dynasties", winning year in and year out, is really nothing but wishful thinking on the parts of those parties doing the talking. Try focusing on the here and now, where DVC is 4-0, hopefully, they'll win this Saturday and go to 5-0. They are capable, and the margin of victory is meaningless, as many have stated that LVC is greatly improved. Therefor, winning by even 1 point is a great win and that's what DVC is focused on doing---WINNING one at a time.

So let's have an enjoyable homecoming and give the alum something to cheer about. The stands will be filled with crazies once again and it should be great football weather so ----- GO AGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: maAggie5 on September 28, 2005, 08:50:21 PM
MOJO: Rowan looks very tough once again, of course when you're playing with predominantly D-I washouts, it's not too hard to win at the D-III level.

I think you're stuck in a late '90s stereotype of Rowan. They may have more transfers from Del Val there than any D-I school.  ;)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

D3Phan

what is a DI washout anyway?

Pat, how many DVC transfers do they have ..I was only aware of one?

gordonmann

D3Phan:

To my knowledge Rowan has two -- Whetstone and Tolbert.

As Pat mentioned, that stereotype of Rowan as the land of Division I castaways doesn't fit any more.  I've heard Wright, who began his collegiate career at ECU, came home partly due to a serious illness he overcame.  No shame in that.

Jonny Utah

yea those d1 castaways now go to Delaware.

Pat Coleman

Which is also a D-I school. :)

I-AA schools don't cotton to not being referred to as D-I. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ACMob

aka "Lil Debbie" (MAC board) ::)

Billman50cents--  I'm a Rowan fan not MSU!  How's that acid ball?  >:(

Answer to your question MOJO-- NOOOOOOOOOO!! :P

LycoFB--  RU related to the MAC via East region playoffs, unless they are moved back south.  Not likely.  Also, RU is better on the field, not on paper!  Check recent history before betting. ;)

Pay attention to maAggie and win the "big" MAC first.  Enough ZINGERS for now!!! ;D

RU Fan

Maggie 5

Now that wasn't a very nice thing to say "D-1 washouts".   One might think that you were envious ::).  By the way,what the he** is a "D-1 washout"?  If transfers bother you so much, before you label kids as "washouts",  you should get your facts straight as to why they  transferred.  Also, would you label Whetstone and Tolbert as "DVC washouts"?

Since you seem to be all-knowing and have an inside track to GA and how he'll prepare for RU and Wright, mention to him that he might not want to overlook Silva, Katcher, the Stys brothers, D'Imperio, Jenkins, Sampson, Eisenhart, etc.  He might also want to take a gander at Orihel, Encarnacion and Richardson. 

Once you and he solve those minor problems, there are a few defensive guys you might want to ponder.  8)

PBR...

mojo i have heard about the players on lvc's offense who are some players on defense that we should keep and eye on? thx

splik

Quote from: upbrmeasap on September 28, 2005, 03:57:23 PM
ok splik or should i call you jimmy the greek? please refresh my memory when was the last time dvc lost a mac game? they will most likely run the table again this year so if you dont lose a mac game for 2.5 seasons i guess that is not dominating in your book. for those of us who have so much less knowledge that your mighty self please enlighten to what you would call a dominating team in the mac record wise? us little guys here at dvc are hanging on your every word..... ::)

I think I like splik better.  I don't know if they'll run the table if they don't dominate/show-up from the very beginning of games.  They're real good, but they (just like everyone else) are beatable, especially if they rely on pulling away in the second half all the time.  Also, thank you for noticing my mightiness as my book should be hitting shelves in the next few months.  ;D