WBB: Northwest Conference

Started by swiss, March 07, 2005, 12:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooppride33

Has anyone heard that Tom Steers the Willamette coach resigned?

swiss

Alright... summer's over.  Anyone willing to take a stab at preseason picks for the NWC?

swiss

Bruins are ranked 10th in Top 25 Preseason D3hoops poll.

Loggerville

Pick 'em Time
1. GFU
2. UPS
3. Whitman
4. PLU
5. Whitworth
6. Willamette
7. Linfield
8. LC
9. Pacific

COY - Barcomb: Leading a young Loggers squad to the top tier of a tough NWC is worthy

Would love to hear others thoughts.....

swiss

NWC Coaches poll is out. 

1) George Fox (7 firsts) (86 pts)
2) Whitman (1 first) (66 pts)
3) Pacific Lutheran (1 first) (60 pts)
4) Puget Sound (52 pts)
5) Whitworth (41 pts)
6) Linfield (37 pts)
7) Pacific (27 pts)
8) Willamette (23 pts)
9) Lewis & Clark (22 pts)

rockcat

swiss

GFU ranked 8th (129 pts) in USA Today ESPN D III Top 25 Coaches' Poll.  Whitworth and PLU also received votes.

rimshot

i just wanted to say that the NWC will go 6/7 in first round games tonight.  the only 2 not playing are the w's---i think. 

Loggerville

Watch-out for that run and gun offense in Tacoma!  Way to defend the home court Loggers.  Good start to the 05-06 campaign.  Good luck to the team this week.

rimshot

NWC play begins this weekend---any thoughts?
GFU and Linfield are the only 2 teams without a loss.
Anyone seen Linfield play?
Is the NWC having a up or down year?  Is it going to be GFU all the way--can anyone challenge them?

arforbes

Yes, it appears that GFU will have a good team.  Lindfield, always hectic and they are due a good year.  I never underestimate PLU, and UPS has been tough for a few years now.  Don't forget that Whitman has a lot of experience and 2 years of relative success.  Basicly, it is too early to try to predict this always tough conference.  Of course, I am always optimistic that GFU will prevail, but enough of a realist not to discredit  PP's Lutes or any of the historically strong teams yet.  Although I am far away and only get to see a couple of games a year, yes I still have students at GFU, I am looking forward to my digital perview of NWC games.

wildcat11

don't have the stats but Linfield downed Whitworth tonight at Wilson Gym.

andrewf

George Fox took out Whitman tonight by a little under 20.

rimshot

By the early looks of things---a 3 team race---
GFU
PLU
Linfield

Upset specials----will come by LC----not in the doghouse anymore.
The Whits will get wins on home courts---and splits on most road trips.
UPS allows too many points--and don't have consistent scoring by the looks of stat sheets.
Bearcats don't have 2 big players back from last season.
Pacific has 2 solid post players---

big_al

To finally get some more talk going in here. What were the two coaches who didn't give the Bruin's first place votes in the pre season poles thinking? I know you are allowed a little bit of bias for your own team, but was this plain Naivety?

I think my opinion is pretty clear, but what are thoughts from others?