FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBerg40

Okay thanks for the advice Pat, I'll try to keep my emotions in check from now on before I start typing ;D. It's just that these are very exciting times for Heidelberg football.  Here are my thoughts going into the 2013 season.

Ever since Coach Hallett took over the Heidelberg football program his teams have improved over the previous year. I see no reason why 2013 would be any different, especially since they have a lot of experience returning. Hallett also has always set realistic and obtainable goals for his teams and you would have to think based off of last year's success, his team's goals this year may be...

1.) Win the OAC
2.) Win a playoff game
3.) Break the schools record of 11 wins in one season.

In my opinion all of these can happen for Heidelberg this year. The offense will be explosive and score a ton of points, and the hard hitting defense from last year will be improved. Also factor in the transition at Mount, and that Heidelberg is the one team in the OAC who could take advantage of that... Only time will tell, but I'm sure that will be a good game.

It should be a fun year for the OAC! Can't wait for the season to start.

purpled

In my opinion all of these can happen for Heidelberg this year. The offense will be explosive and score a ton of points, and the hard hitting defense from last year will be improved. Also factor in the transition at Mount, and that Heidelberg is the one team in the OAC who could take advantage of that... Only time will tell, but I'm sure that will be a good game.

What transition at Mount? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  ;D
"You know you're in trouble when...you see the refs tailgating with your opponent's fans." - Paul Fischer

raiderpa

The Mount Union 48 point blowouts may turn into 28 point wins....The only thing that worries me is how the team reacts in a close game without LK standing there with the stoic pose of calm.  Vince's demeanor in games that may be close or in which the team may come out cold, will be, IMO, a key factor in how the team reacts.  The team is a reflection of its leader and the guy that stormed onto the field in Salem a few years ago could cause big issues for an inexperienced team losing its  cool and becoming error prone.  I do agree that Vince has grown into the job and the rage reactions are a thing of the past.  I also believe that LK would not have stepped aside unless he was certain that VK was ready, so I am very confident.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: raiderpa on July 06, 2013, 08:06:59 PM
The Mount Union 48 point blowouts may turn into 28 point wins....The only thing that worries me is how the team reacts in a close game without LK standing there with the stoic pose of calm.  Vince's demeanor in games that may be close or in which the team may come out cold, will be, IMO, a key factor in how the team reacts.  The team is a reflection of its leader and the guy that stormed onto the field in Salem a few years ago could cause big issues for an inexperienced team losing its  cool and becoming error prone.  I do agree that Vince has grown into the job and the rage reactions are a thing of the past.  I also believe that LK would not have stepped aside unless he was certain that VK was ready, so I am very confident.

Is this playoff blowouts or season blowouts?

badgerwarhawk

"Just think twice is my only advice."

TheBerg40

What the???....Just saw Lindy's preseason top 25. They rank Heidelberg at 24 (are they serious?) and behind B-W at 20.
Makes you wonder if they've ever seen a D3 football game.

So I didn't buy it. I'm sure Pat and the boys will have a much better assessment in their preseason preview heading into the 2013 season.

rscl70

Quote from: TheBerg40 on July 10, 2013, 05:35:58 PM
What the???....Just saw Lindy's preseason top 25. They rank Heidelberg at 24 (are they serious?) and behind B-W at 20.

So I didn't buy it. I'm sure Pat and the boys will have a much better assessment in their preseason preview heading into the 2013 season.
Sporting News does not rank Heidelberg at all.  Also, they rank Linfield #1, Mount #2, and Whitewater #3.  No need to buy that one either.
12-0 = 13

HScoach

Quote from: rscl70 on July 10, 2013, 09:24:47 PM

Sporting News does not rank Heidelberg at all.  Also, they rank Linfield #1, Mount #2, and Whitewater #3.  No need to buy that one either.

The ranking of Linfield #1 isn't a stretch as they return a ton of talent, including some studs that were hurt last season.   Mount as #2 is reasonable.   If I were to poke holes in their top 3, it would be Whitewater as they have more questions heading into '13 than the other 2.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

willbstar

If I recall correctly Mount Union was ranked #2 in the preseason polls last year and we all know how that turned out.

rscl70

Quote from: HScoach on July 11, 2013, 06:35:56 AM

The ranking of Linfield #1 isn't a stretch as they return a ton of talent, including some studs that were hurt last season.   Mount as #2 is reasonable.   If I were to poke holes in their top 3, it would be Whitewater as they have more questions heading into '13 than the other 2.

No quarrel with Linfield.  In fact, with only one returning starter on O, and the coaching change (which Sporting News doesn't even mention) I was pleased to see Mount at #2.
12-0 = 13

TheBerg40

What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is going on???!!!

Raider 68

Quote from: rscl70 on July 11, 2013, 09:08:22 AM

No quarrel with Linfield.  In fact, with only one returning starter on O, and the coaching change (which Sporting News doesn't even mention) I was pleased to see Mount at #2.

Agree. I still wonder why Linfield cannot schedule a 10th game. In terms of ratings, it has not
hurt them in previous years, but the extra game would give them one more week of preparation! :-\

13 time Division III National Champions

wally_wabash

Nothing of St. Thomas?  They competed a lot better than I thought they would in the championship game last year and have a great deal returning as well.   I was kind of thinking St. Thomas would be a reasonable choice for a preseason #1...even before Coach Kehres's retirement. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

HScoach

^  that's who I'd have in 3rd instead of Whitewater.   Or even more likely 2nd with MTU in 3rd.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

PurpleSuit

Quote from: TheBerg40 on July 11, 2013, 09:09:59 AM

What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is going on???!!!

Kent State had a good year last year too, but I don't see the Flashes in a pre-season top 25.  Berg had one good year in 25, let's not expect top 25 rankings .  Berg should win something before expecting anything