FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyRayJimBob

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on December 08, 2018, 06:36:43 PM
Quote from: WRMUalum13 on December 08, 2018, 06:35:59 PM
Quote from: desertraider on December 08, 2018, 06:31:52 PM
If VK is watching and I am sure he is, then he just heard ESPN say that UMHB is making "game planning easy for LARRY Kheres"

Those commentators were terrible. They also mis pronounce gagliardi and kept calling Wisconsin "Wesconsin" and Shenandoah "shannandoah"

At least they didn't mistake joe garn for LK again.

And the lovely Wife and I also swear that the color commentator called UW-W the "WaterHawks" in the first quarter.

raiderpa

Fulford's performance today will not win a Stagg, no matter how good defense is. MHB D-line looks practically invincible...MHB QB looks average and the quick backup went out with injury, did not look good. I don't think MHB passing game can hurt MTU
Ruth, IMO, will not play in Stagg. Hope I am wrong.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: purple on December 08, 2018, 08:28:30 AM
Today we will see why I contend this years defense is one of, if not the best, Mount has ever had.. I don't see the touchdowns figured in the defensive statistics. Obviously, there should be some "factoring in", of the fact Mounts defense has produced 13 touchdowns. It is certainly relevant to my, "best ever" claim.
I expect also to see DeAngelo Fulford have a good day. However, a lot depends on the weather and the game plan. His QB rating, just like last year is at the top of D3. A fact that is studiously ignored by the pundits who picked the all region team. Fulford has played against much, much better competition too.
I imagine Fulford won't even make Honorable Mention this year on the All-American team by D3Football, just like last year when he was clearly the best quarterback in the nation playing in D3. I don't know why Mount doesn't let Pat talk to the players, but I sure wouldn't if they slighted one of my best players like that.

15 defensive scores after today. Though I'm not sure your defense of fulford holds up

edward de vere

I know just enough about football to be dangerous.

So I have a question:  Why was Mount Union more effective running the ball when Johns Hopkins KNEW Mount would be running (i.e. the wildcat) than when Johns Hopkins had to respect the passing game?

Somebody coach me up.

archgemini24

Quote from: edward de vere on December 08, 2018, 07:42:33 PM
I know just enough about football to be dangerous.

So I have a question:  Why was Mount Union more effective running the ball when Johns Hopkins KNEW Mount would be running (i.e. the wildcat) than when Johns Hopkins had to respect the passing game?

Somebody coach me up.

An extra blocker, and Petro's vision. He is allowed to pick his own hole (or cutbacks) rather than a firm assignment.

edward de vere

Duh!  An extra blocker.  (Insert head-smacking emoticon here.)

Re picking a hole:  A couple times I watched him hesitate for a moment - then go - and said to myself:  He's the poor man's poor man's poor man's poor man's poor man's Le'Veon Bell.

edward de vere

Quote from: HScoach on December 08, 2018, 05:33:32 PM
MHB would be truly scary with a decent offense mind calling the shots.  Great athletes,  no imagination.  Nor do they appear to be precise in anything they do.  Reminds me of your typical big, city high school.   Superior athletes with marginal coaching.

Love me some HSCoach.  Knows what he's talking about, extremely objective and absolutely ZERO political correctness.

archgemini24

Quote from: edward de vere on December 08, 2018, 08:13:09 PM
Duh!  An extra blocker.  (Insert head-smacking emoticon here.)

Re picking a hole:  A couple times I watched him hesitate for a moment - then go - and said to myself:  He's the poor man's poor man's poor man's poor man's poor man's Le'Veon Bell.

Anytime you have ever heard an announcer say a back has good patience, this is usually what they are referencing. Give the blocks a little time to establish themselves (because a hyper-aggressive D-lineman will sometimes let themselves be run or blocked out of the play), then plant their foot and go.

s e 76

he is a coaching  legend hs coach

HScoach

Quote from: edward de vere on December 08, 2018, 08:22:30 PM
Quote from: HScoach on December 08, 2018, 05:33:32 PM
MHB would be truly scary with a decent offense mind calling the shots.  Great athletes,  no imagination.  Nor do they appear to be precise in anything they do.  Reminds me of your typical big, city high school.   Superior athletes with marginal coaching.

Love me some HSCoach.  Knows what he's talking about, extremely objective and absolutely ZERO political correctness.

Thanks, though my wife isn't a big fan of my lack of a filter between my brain and my mouth.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

skunks_sidekick

edward de vere

Quote from: HScoach on December 08, 2018, 08:44:46 PM
my wife isn't a big fan of my lack of a filter between my brain and my mouth.

Yeah, women can be funny that way.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on December 08, 2018, 06:04:56 PM
Quote from: mr_mom on December 08, 2018, 05:54:12 PM
Quote from: desertraider on December 08, 2018, 05:49:33 PM
Fulford ankle is not the issue. The problem is between that young man's ears. As far as UMHB not having imagination...same goes for UWW. Good lord .

That fake punt from that deep in their own end was pretty imaginative.  Damn!

Kinda unnecessary up 10, why would you put that play on film??

It had been 17-0 at the half and UWW came out and scored on its first possession of the second half. The game was hardly salted away.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 08, 2018, 11:57:35 PM
Quote from: WRMUalum13 on December 08, 2018, 06:04:56 PM
Quote from: mr_mom on December 08, 2018, 05:54:12 PM
Quote from: desertraider on December 08, 2018, 05:49:33 PM
Fulford ankle is not the issue. The problem is between that young man's ears. As far as UMHB not having imagination...same goes for UWW. Good lord .

That fake punt from that deep in their own end was pretty imaginative.  Damn!

Kinda unnecessary up 10, why would you put that play on film??

It had been 17-0 at the half and UWW came out and scored on its first possession of the second half. The game was hardly salted away.

No, but at that point in the game it just felt weird to me. Just surprised at the timing is all, I guess UWW was too